PDA

View Full Version : Let's See Some Dates!

Chris
June 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Previously folks gave these trails as runs they would like to do. It's time to make some runs so pick a date and let's see what we can get going! :thunb:

21 Road
Argentine Pass
Augustine
Barbour Forks
Bill Moore Lake
Blanca
Blanca Peak
BV Carnage
Caribou Creek
Chinaman's
Crystal Mountain
Eagle Rock
Ellis Jeep Trail
Empire Loop
Great Sand Dunes National Park
Grizzly Lake
Hancock
Hayden Pass
Holy Cross
Iron Chest
Johnny Park Road
Kelly Flats
Kingston Peak
Lead King Basin
Liberty
Lime Creek
Mcallister Gulch
Medano Pass
Miller Rock
Moab Fall Run
Moody Hill
MSV/Coney Flats
Old Flowers Road
Ouray
Patriot
Pierson Park
Pole Hill Road
Ptarmigan Pass
Red Cone
Red Elephant
Schofield Pass
Spring Creek
Storm Mountain
T33a
Tincup
Tomichi Passes
West Magnolia
Wheeler Lake
Yankee Hill

colomil
June 20th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I am thinking of a Blanca Peak run around July 17th. I would be taking my cherokee on this run. I know this run is pretty far south for the Denver folks but I hear this is an awesome trail with incredible scenery.

southpaws3
June 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM
let me regroup/reload just might join you

Andrew
June 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM
I will lead a run on Ptarmigan Pass/McAllister Gulch/Lime Creek.

It will have to be in like late August or September though as usually that area takes a long time for the snow to melt.

Smash
June 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM
I'm still in a holding pattern.

Red Rhino
June 22nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
I am very interested in Holy Cross, Wheeler Lake and Spring Creek in mid July to late August.

Is anyone else up for these?

Bryan

:2thumbup:

Red Rhino
June 22nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
let's see what we can get going!

Chris, how hard is it to set up a vote for a Trail Thread? We could gauge interest better.

Bryan

Rob
June 22nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
Here are your dates, Chris.

Seriously, though, I plan to get a run together sometime soon after the cleanup run Saturday. Perhaps a Johnny Park/Pierson Park loop or a combo of JP, Pole Hill, T-33.

I might be up for Wheeler Lake, but Holy Cross has too much damage potential for my tastes and I'm in no hurry to do Spring Creek again. Maybe when I have the 40 set up better.

And, of course, we have to do a Middle St. Vrain/Coney Flats run at least once this year (that might make a good night run in July). I think the mud bog repair is still scheduled for June 26-27.

Chris
June 22nd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Chris, how hard is it to set up a vote for a Trail Thread? We could gauge interest better.

Bryan

We've tried that Bryan and it ends up a debate on which weekend, Saturday vs Sunday, this weekend, that weekend doesn't work for me and results in nothing.

I think everyone agrees the best approach is pick a trail, pick a date and people will be there.

Once things get rolling we'll probably see a run or two or more every weekend with people able to choose the one that suits them best.

Red Rhino
June 22nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
We've tried that Bryan and it ends up a debate on which weekend, Saturday vs Sunday, this weekend, that weekend doesn't work for me and results in nothing.

I think everyone agrees the best approach is pick a trail, pick a date and people will be there.

Once things get rolling we'll probably see a run or two or more every weekend with people able to choose the one that suits them best.

It is a big list of trails, but that makes sense, thanks. So I will get to planning.

Bryan

Brody
June 24th, 2010, 06:35 AM

X2 what Chris said. Every time someone has tried to do a poll as to what trail/date/time etc works best, it simply ends up being talked (or, in this case, 'threaded') to death with nothing accomplished. The voting thing ends up being a lark...

The absolute best thing to do is to simply pick a trail, date, meeting time and place and post it. The people who want to or can come will be there