PDA

View Full Version : West for the WEEKEND

Pathrat
July 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
I rarely go anywhere on the 4th and I have never been to Moab in July. We will be doing both this weekend. I am looking forward to wheeling with my aunt and uncle, should be lots of fun.

Rob
July 1st, 2010, 10:07 PM
So you're going Moab this wekend? ;)

Super Grammarian strikes again! :superhero:

Pathrat
July 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Hey now, my grammar was correct. :D My spelling is incorrect, and now I cannot undo the mistake. :frown:

Rob
July 1st, 2010, 10:23 PM
My spelling is incorrect, and now I cannot undo the mistake.

If you'd posted in trail runs somewhere, I could have fixed it. But, alas, my powers are limited. Fortunately, procrustean measures aren't necessary. (My goal is to get a Greek mythology reference into 42 percent of my posts this week. Tantalizing, huh? A Sisyphean task, you say? It'll be quite an odyssey. :D)

Pathrat
July 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
The herculean undertaking to which you have committed yourself should be as easy as taking candy from a minotaur. :)

Rob
July 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM
OK, now you're mixing your Romans and Greeks. For shame. Chris can tell you the Greek name for Herc. He seems to know a lot about the pantheon. ;)

Funrover
July 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Have fun and don't melt

Roostercruiser
July 2nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
I wish i had a reliable enough truck to go . Have fun

Pathrat
July 2nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Come on, I get no credit for two mythology references??? Fine. :)

MelloYello
July 2nd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Moab in July... HOT.
Have fun. Take pics.

Chris
July 2nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
I've gone to Moab the last 2 years in July, it's hot but keeps the sissies away! :lmao:

Rob likes to make me Google his Greek & Roman references, it must be his way of making me a 'life-long learner' :D

Rob
July 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
it must be his way of making me a 'life-long learner'

Like that's a bad thing? :D

"If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is not a barking dog, to be tethered on a ten-foot chain." -- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Chris
July 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Not at all Rob, as Dan Quayle put it: "what a waste it is to lose one's mind, or not to have a mind is being very wasteful, how true that is."

Jackie
July 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
A game of Scrabble anyone...?:D

Rob
July 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
as Dan Quayle put it: "what a waste it is to lose one's mind, or not to have a mind is being very wasteful, how true that is."

:lol:

It's even worse when you can't "put food on your family."

Chris
July 2nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
You know this could be the longest hijack in FR history if we get going on Quayle quotes.

"I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future."

Rob
July 3rd, 2010, 12:25 AM
You know this could be the longest hijack in FR history if we get going on Quayle quotes.

"I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future."

It could go even longer if added quotes from you know who, such as:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."

Pathrat
July 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM
This is what happens when I leave???

BTW, it is only 78 degrees! here right now! :mad:

Chris
July 4th, 2010, 07:05 PM
65 and raining here :frown:

Funrover
July 4th, 2010, 09:52 PM
This is what happens when I leave???

BTW, it is only 78 degrees! here right now! :mad:

Man I should have gone. 78 is AWESOME for Moab

ROKTAXI
July 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
The cool temp was a welcome relief from the mid 90's. Just before it cooled off though, we had one of those wind storms from HELL but only lasted a couple hours. After that it was WONDERFUL. Can't believe this is MOAB:thunb:

And this is what it looked like from my "office"