PDA

View Full Version : Ouray?

Chris
July 12th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Anyone interested in an Ouray run? We typically make it twice a year and looking at Red Rhino's report it looks like any time would be good. Obviously a couple days of trails is best.

Lysmachia
July 13th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I have a good friend looking for buddies to run with him in early August - then he wants to do Die Trying in Montrose. He is coming from Pheonix AZ If your dates coencide, I'll hook him up with you guys!

Here is his Itinerary:

Tuesday 03 August: drive to Ouray; camp in Ouray
Wednesday 04 August: wheel Black Bear Pass/Imogene Pass; camp in Ouray
Thursday 05 August: drive to Montrose & wheel Die Trying; drive to campsite for Holy Cross
Friday 06 August: wheel HC; return to HC camp
Saturday 07 August: drive to Buena Vista; wheel BV Carnage; camp in Buena Vista
Sunday 08 August: drive to Elevenmile Canyon for some slab climbing & head to CO Springs for the night
Monday 09 August: Liberty & Independence/Patriot in Penrose
Tuesday 10 August: drive home

Aaron
July 13th, 2010, 06:58 AM
We cancelled our Ouray trip due to Anna's promotion. She didn't feel that taking more time off was a good idea doing the new job.

Chris
July 13th, 2010, 07:46 AM
It got her promoted didn't it Aaron? :erm:

Hey Molly, your friends list of trails looks like my "never do" list excepting Black Bear Pass/Imogene Pass :lmao:

Andrew
July 13th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I posted a thread about Ouray on August 6th-9th.

I was figuring on camping and doing some scenic stuff. Ophir/Imogene Pass, Alpine Loop, maybe another trail or two.

Chris
July 13th, 2010, 08:24 AM
That popped in to my head as I attempted to fall asleep last night Andrew. I'm waiting for Barb to give me dates she's not working and will see if those work for us. Outside of Poughkeepsie everything in Ouray is scenic unless I've missed some hard trails.

Andrew
July 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Black Bear isn't hard, there is just the pucker factor.

Pathrat
July 13th, 2010, 10:17 PM
My August schedule is completely unsettled. My half brother and my brother in law are both supposed to make visits out here. I do plan to take my half brother wheeling and show him what dirt roads look like. Then school starts Aug 22. Have to see what the deal is but it is really pretty out there!