PDA

View Full Version : Coney Flats Middle St Vrain

Pathrat
July 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
My half brother is coming out from California this particular weekend just so he can go four wheeling. I doubt he has ever been on a dirt road, so we are taking him to Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats, as it has a little bit of everything. I know this run has been done already by many here but if anyone missed it, you are welcome to come along.

We will likely meet at the Nederland Grocery Store, whatever it is called, sometime around 9am that morning then continuing north on Hwy 72. I will firm this up as the date gets closer and if anyone is going.

The google map indicates it is on S. Bridge St./Hwy 72/Hwy 119. On the link it is the Backcountry Plaza

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=nederland+colorado&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rlz=1R1GGIC_en___US359&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Nederland,+CO&gl=us&ei=7hdNTP3oDY3GsAOdpLFJ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQ8gEwAA

The usual, channel 4.

Traildamage for both:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=15

Rob
July 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I might just have to join you.

Pathrat
July 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I might just have to join you.

Should be a lot of fun.

TaylorB
July 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Ill be up there with a group from thenewx. Hope to run into you guys up there!

Pathrat
August 3rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
The meet time is 9am at the grocery store. This should be a nice relaxed scenic run.

And xlr9tor: my 16 year old half brother, who has never even been on gravel as far as I know, is driving my rig on parts of Middle St Vrain. You can't be more newbie than that so don't worry about it.

AccordRanger
August 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Does anyone have an open seat? I might be in if someone does, if im not doing my leaf swap that day.

Brody
August 4th, 2010, 05:45 AM
My friend Bren and a buddy of his might be tagging along with you guys. He drives a maroon Toyota FJ 80 with a custom bumper, winch and sliders. He also has a shaved head-easy to see, especially with the sun out.

CR
August 4th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I need to escape for a day.
I'm gonna try to make this.

4wdhunter
August 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM
My friend Bren and a buddy of his might be tagging along with you guys.

I talked with Bren on Sun. about this, so I might be the buddy you mention.

Pathrat
August 4th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I have heard of Bren and have at least two mutual friends, that I know of. Cool. The big blue pig of doom (my FJC) will be easy to spot and have the FR4x4 stickers.

Pathrat
August 4th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I hope these built rigs with experienced drivers will be patient with the newbie driving my rig and with the scenic picture taking! :D

Trailrat99XJ
August 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I hope these built rigs with experienced drivers will be patient with the newbie driving my rig and with the scenic picture taking! :D

I am never in a hurry when I'm up there. Should be fun!

4wdhunter
August 5th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I'm definitely in no rush. This will be my first run in well over a year (1st with FR4X4 also), so I feel like a bit of a newb myself.

Roo
August 5th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I might be in too! My father in law will be in town and wants to go wheelin, I will know definitely tomorrow night.

Jackie
August 5th, 2010, 08:35 PM
This should be a nice relaxed scenic run.

Hahaha!!! You keep tellin' yourself that! I've never run Coney, but MSV was anything but "relaxed and scenic"!!! (OOPS :eek:) Maybe I shouldn't have said that! :redface:

Have fun! It's a great trail, however you choose to describe it!

Rob
August 5th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hey, Steph. Might be good if you RSVP "yes." :D

cfr
August 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I won't be able to decide on this until Friday night but as of now I'm a maybe. Anyone on the maybe list able to flip to a yes?

Pathrat
August 5th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Hey, Steph. Might be good if you RSVP "yes." :D

Why, I know I'm going! :D

Pathrat
August 5th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hahaha!!! You keep tellin' yourself that! I've never run Coney, but MSV was anything but "relaxed and scenic"!!! (OOPS :eek:) Maybe I shouldn't have said that! :redface:

Have fun! It's a great trail, however you choose to describe it!

I have run the trail twice and I find it relaxing because I do well on it. :) It is quite pretty too.

Fordguy77
August 6th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Wish i could say yes to this one but i have been putting the ranger off for far to long.

CR
August 6th, 2010, 10:34 AM
So are you guys runnin from Beaver res or the camp dick side?
I will likley meet at the trail head but not sure which one.

Pathrat
August 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
camp dick side, MSV first.

Robert B
August 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM
hopefully someone reads this soon as its fri before this run lol but can fairly stock trucks do this?? my nissan did the redcone radical hill run with no prob and no dmg other than a minor hit on the nerf bar on radical hill when i was bouncing the truck kinda hard

CR
August 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I think you'll be fine with some careful spotting.:thunb:
I used to drive an extended cab Dakota with 31's up there all the time.

Pathrat
August 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM
If you did red cone, you can do this. I was there too. You have fewer obstacles, as far as I remember, on Coney than on the way up to Red Cone. I did it by myself with the FJC, if that gives you a point of reference.

Robert B
August 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
ya you were too far ahed of me so i dont really remember what ur truck acted like Pathrat lol but cool if i can get a few more bucks i might come since i come from the springs it takes alot to get that far north

Robert B
August 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I think you'll be fine with some careful spotting. I used to drive an extended cab Dakota with 31's up there all the time. oh cool mines running 31s atm but if the part that traildmg says you need flex i will need help spotting or a tug since my front end has about 1 inch of downward travel :(

Chris
August 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Brian stopped by this morning and it sounds like he'll be there. ;)

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM
oh cool mines running 31s atm but if the part that traildmg says you need flex i will need help spotting or a tug since my front end has about 1 inch of downward travel :(

You should be able to get through no problem with spotting.

Brian stopped by this morning and it sounds like he'll be there. ;)

Which Brian? We have three. ;) Actually, we have four, if you count Bryan.

Chris
August 6th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Which Brian? We have three. Actually, we have four, if you count Bryan.

Do you have a cheat sheet of names Rob? Brian Pleasant (and Sylma) is who I referred to.

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Do you have a cheat sheet of names Rob?

No, just a phenomenal memory, Ralph. Er, Jack. I mean, Chris.

Chris
August 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Cheat sheet for sure. ;)

Robert B
August 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
No, just a phenomenal memory, Ralph. Er, Jack. I mean, Chris i thought his name was billy....... huh :)

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Cheat sheet for sure. ;)

Or maybe, just maybe, I went to the Members list and searched for "Brian." :smokin:

Pathrat
August 6th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! I HOPE TO LEAVE NEDERLAND BY 0930!

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I HOPE TO LEAVE NEDERLAND BY 0930!

Nah, shoot for 9:15. This is a punctual group (mostly). So trailhead by 9:45 to 10 a.m.?

CR
August 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I'm all clear for takeoff.
See you folks at the trail head!

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm all clear for takeoff.
See you folks at the trail head!

Cool. You want to swing by the house and we can drive together? And I still have to give you your screwdriver back. :):

CR
August 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Todd ( Wyota ) is meeting me at my new house at 8:30 in the morning. If you want to meet us here that would be cool, or if you want us to cruise by your place before we leave, that is fine too.
You tell me Oldunit.

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 09:51 PM
PM me your new address.

cfr
August 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm in. Need to tune my antenna so if you have an SWR meter, please bring it.

CR
August 6th, 2010, 10:04 PM
PM me your new address.
So you comin over or should we go to your place?

Rob
August 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
So you comin over or should we go to your place?

I'll be at your house at 8:30. Got to see the new place. :thunb:

Trailrat99XJ
August 6th, 2010, 10:16 PM
See you all in the morning!