PDA

View Full Version : Not another new guy..

Brad
August 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hello!
My name is Brad. I have a new addiction, 4 wheeling.
I work as a Audi Tech at Prestige Audi.
I have a wife, Jenn and a son, Neil.
If anyone needs help with something I am here to
help in whatever capacity I can meuster.
I have a 1995 Land Rover Discovery, seen here:

That is me in the picture with the rover. Not someone elses picture I stole. :thunb:

Plan on doing the stockers without lockers on the 28th. And am planning on doing alot of day trips which I
will post on here to see if anyone else is interested.

CR
August 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the family!
Hope to see you out there soon.

Aaron
August 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the site. You work in my old neighborhood. I used to drool going by Prestige often!

Fordguy77
August 4th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the group!

1freaky1
August 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the group.

AccordRanger
August 4th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Welcome!

Ardent
August 4th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard Brad!

Brad
August 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Seriously, thanks. I look forward to going up alot with you guys.
Big plans for the rover over the next year.

Robert B
August 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
welcome to the most awesome grp of 4wheelers ever!! oh is that just my opinion?? wellhope to see you up there soon maybe the stockers run end of aug or something :)

Rob
August 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome aboard.

MelloYello
August 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Welcome.
The '95 Disco is one of my favorite years for LR.

Jackie
August 4th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Welcome! Check out the "planned trail runs" section and pick one. I Hope you'll pick Pierson Park on Aug 8!

Funrover
August 4th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Seriously, thanks. I look forward to going up alot with you guys.
Big plans for the rover over the next year.

Welcome! May I ask what the plans are? I will warn you that it gets addicting!

KnuckleHead
August 4th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome aboard...

Pathrat
August 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
welcome to the most awesome grp of 4wheelers ever!! oh is that just my opinion?? wellhope to see you up there soon maybe the stockers run end of aug or something :)

No, we pretty much are totally awesome. ;)

Welcome.

Hypoid
August 5th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Welcome aboard!

There are plenty of easy, fun, senic trails within an hour's drive. You don't have to be built to have fun. :)

Brody
August 5th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Welcome aboard!

There are plenty of easy, fun, scenic trails within an hour's drive. You don't have to be built to have fun. :)

X2. We do a huge number of runs that are perfect for stock or mildly built rigs. The state has more trails suitable for stock rigs than anything else. Of course that isn't saying that a lift and bigger tires, lower gears and a locker or two won't expand your off road horizons, but you have a number of options that won't require any of this stuff...

Welcome to the forum, BTW1 Good group of folks here...

Brad
August 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Welcome! May I ask what the plans are? I will warn you that it gets addicting!

Addicting is ok. After my trip to Bolam pass the wife said she would support anything I want to do with the rover. :thunb:

As of right now.
Better tires
Front and Rear bumpers. Spike over on the Land Rover Forums is planning on building front and rear bumpers,
so either his or if that does not pan out someone elses. Not into fab personally. I am good at getting and keeping them running.
2" OME lift
New Headlights, front side markers. Been beat up over the years.
Fog lights
Remove roof rack, have it blasted and powder coated. She is a bit rough. and Raise her so I can use both sunroofs.:rolleyes:
Better set of wheels for offroading. LR are good but I would like something a little better.
Winch to go with bumper
Radio, CB most likely
Altimeter/ in/out temp with display.
Windshield (pricey prop on a Disco, need mouldings and windshield $500 or so)
Hi lift jack/shovel both roof rack mount.
New front seat bottom foam. PO pretty much mashed out all the cushion. ;)
Window tint

There is probably more but that is my goal in the next year. :thunb:

Roostercruiser
August 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Welcome good to have you,

Funrover
August 5th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Addicting is ok. After my trip to Bolam pass the wife said she would support anything I want to do with the rover. :thunb:

As of right now.
Better tires
Front and Rear bumpers. Spike over on the Land Rover Forums is planning on building front and rear bumpers,
so either his or if that does not pan out someone elses. Not into fab personally. I am good at getting and keeping them running.
2" OME lift
New Headlights, front side markers. Been beat up over the years.
Fog lights
Remove roof rack, have it blasted and powder coated. She is a bit rough. and Raise her so I can use both sunroofs.:rolleyes:
Better set of wheels for offroading. LR are good but I would like something a little better.
Winch to go with bumper
Radio, CB most likely
Altimeter/ in/out temp with display.
Windshield (pricey prop on a Disco, need mouldings and windshield $500 or so)
Hi lift jack/shovel both roof rack mount.
New front seat bottom foam. PO pretty much mashed out all the cushion. ;)
Window tint

There is probably more but that is my goal in the next year. :thunb:

I don't know Spike, I will have to look into that. One thing I would recommend before a lot of this would be sliders. I had the 2" OME lift, great lift make sure to get the Heavy Duty.. not light duty. For tires with that lift I had great luck with 235 85/16 BFG at's.

Brad
August 6th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Sound advice. I have been thinking seriously about sliders. Where did you get yours?

Funrover
August 6th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Sound advice. I have been thinking seriously about sliders. Where did you get yours?

Built them. It's pretty easy for our rovers. There are many folks on here (Brody, 1Freaky1, etc) that do the work if you don't want to fab yourself.

Funrover
August 6th, 2010, 09:49 PM

Built them. It's pretty easy for our rovers. There are many folks on here (Brody, 1Freaky1, etc) that do the work if you don't want to fab yourself.

Brody
August 7th, 2010, 07:18 AM

We do custom bumpers and cages to. PM or call either of us and we will be happy to work with you and get you what you want.

Pete Brody: 303-507-3066
Sean Brownson: 303-519-3538

Brad
August 7th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I am seriously happy I joined this group!!

Next time we hook up let me know what it would cost.

Jimmy
August 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Welcome! Good to see another Disco on board.

Brad
August 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Glad to be here!