PDA

View Full Version : 250 ft-lbs torque wrench to borrow?

scout man
August 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
So the guy that was going to do my gears fell through, and I am now back to planning on doing them myself. One of the things I still need is a torque wrench that can go up to 250 foot pounds. Harbor freight has a 3/4" one that will do it, but I would need to buy it and the 3/4" sockets to do it, which are expensive. Thought I would ask here first to see if anyone had one I could borrow for a week or so.

I also need (but have no problem buying):
and inch pound torque wrench, but it has to be the dial type (i have a click, and might manage to use it alright)
and bearing press sockets, or whatever you call them... but i can probably manage without these also.

Thanks!

Fordguy77
August 8th, 2010, 10:55 PM
So the guy that was going to do my gears fell through, and I am now back to planning on doing them myself. One of the things I still need is a torque wrench that can go up to 250 foot pounds. Harbor freight has a 3/4" one that will do it, but I would need to buy it and the 3/4" sockets to do it, which are expensive. Thought I would ask here first to see if anyone had one I could borrow for a week or so.

I also need (but have no problem buying):
and inch pound torque wrench, but it has to be the dial type (i have a click, and might manage to use it alright)
and bearing press sockets, or whatever you call them... but i can probably manage without these also.

Thanks!

I may have one in the garage, let me do some digging, its been a while since i had to torque anything down that high around the house. I'll know tomorrow afternoon.

scout man
August 8th, 2010, 11:07 PM
that would be great, thanks!