PDA

View Full Version : Moved to Tx

wyota
August 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Well i moved to Houston Tx. Really I didn't plan on moving here:confused: but here i am. So as some of you may know i have been out of work for some time now and had picked of a job installing various electronics in plans, trains, and automobile's. My first assignment was in Milwaukee. Well a long story short i quickly realized why i had stopped doing that kind of work in the first place. I had got very tired of bouncing from place to place every week or two, i don't mind traveling but i would like to stay in one place for a while. Well after the first day of sharing a hotel room with the most unsocial person i have ever had the displeasure of sharing anything with and complete stranger(coworker), I was ready to hitch a ride on the next bus home. that night i got a call from my best good buddy. he had just got hired onto a 1400 bus project and even though i have told him many time that i would never move to TX he thought he would see if i would be interested in moving to Houston and working on the project with him. Well the $ sounded ok and it's always fun working with him, and it would beat tucking tail and going home broke so i figured what the hell, let's mix it up a bit! So with my new found zest i sucked up the remainder of my two week tour in Milwaukee and arrived back in Denver last sunday night and spent the next two days getting ready. i left Wed morning at 4 and drove straight through. its now sat night and im all settled in and even got two days of work under my belt. the project is scheduled to run about two years ;):frown:. the one thing that bums me out, is not getting to go wheeling with you all. FR4x4 is the one thing i will miss more then anything. in only a few month i made a lot of friends and i will miss you while im away! i do plan on coming back after the project is over. and with chris's blessing i hope to continue to be a member here and the first member of the Texas chapter :lmao:. Best wishes and happy trails!!!!!!

Jackie
August 28th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Aww... I never met you, but you'll be missed, I'm sure. Hang in there. Things will change and "you'll be back"!

Funrover
August 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Bummer man, make the best of it, Visit Barnwell while you are down there.. also make the drive to Superlift Arkansas!

Rob
August 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Todd, sorry to hear you'll be gone for two years. Glad to hear you're working, though. :thunb:

Get up here sometime so we can try 202 again. :eek:

Chris
August 28th, 2010, 10:45 PM
i hope to continue to be a member here and the first member of the Texas chapter

Congrats on the job Todd. You are now officially the President of the Lone Star chapter of Front Range 4x4! :thunb:

I'll miss wheeling with you my friend! :frown:

dr350jja
August 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hope the job and your time in TX goes well for you :thunb:

1freaky1
August 29th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Todd, we will miss wheeling with ya! Congrats on the job, make a trip back up here when you can.

CR
August 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Get up here sometime so we can try 202 again.
yeah Todd hurry back so we can get further up that beast.
Congrats on the job buddy. It really is going to suck not having you around for two whole years.

Fordguy77
August 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear ya had to go, but i am glad you found some work, and cant wait to do some wheeling with ya again when you get back.

KnuckleHead
August 30th, 2010, 02:13 AM
We all have to do things we don't like sometimes.... Good to hear you have work at least for a couple of years.... good luck with the job.

Smash
August 30th, 2010, 08:33 AM
nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I told Karla.... Know what she said? "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Glad you found employment though Todd! We'll miss ya for sure. Maybe by the time you get back I'll have the 'burb running again. lol.

Trailrat99XJ
August 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Hey Todd! Keep in touch man and one of these days I'll get your feet wet again! Take care dude!

MelloYello
August 30th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hey Todd - Good to meet you. Take care and good luck. You'll be back, the mountains are always calling. : )

wyota
September 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM
yes there is no doubt i'll be back it was 97 with 87% humidity yesterday:erm: but the job is going well and i have very little overhead so that = Lots of new parts:D:

Trailrat99XJ
September 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
yes there is no doubt i'll be back it was 97 with 87% humidity yesterday:erm: but the job is going well and i have very little overhead so that = Lots of new parts:D:

I was just in Dallas and Austin last week......Heat index of 110! Nasty!

foxtrot
September 16th, 2010, 11:46 PM
where in spring did you move? my dad lives in spring, in north hampton/hamden? and the rest of my family lives in the woodlands so i know the area very well

wyota
September 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
cypresswood and Kuykendahl Rd

colomil
September 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Well ya gotta chase the mighty dollar. I have been lucky enough to stay in state so far, but if times get tough, I would certainly take a contract job out of state. Good luck down there and try not to pick up the Texas accent!