PDA

View Full Version : SUNK... Control box

KnuckleHead
October 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Here are the pics you said you needed...... again thanks for the help....

sunk
October 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Ok, I havntsee that box before, but I can call fedsig and get some info on it. Or, we could ohm it out and get it figured out. Either way, no big deal we can make it work. Give me till Monday and I can call it in.

sunk
October 11th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Wow, where did you det that switch box?
According to fedsig, that box is made specifically for a company on the east coast that does emergency vehicle wiring called Crown N. America. FedSig doesnt have much info on the box. I gave crown a call and left a message, we will see what they say when they call back.
I have a good idea on how to wire it, but the aux, and vehicle plugs are throwing me off, I need to ohm it all out.
Do you have the other side of the plug for the back of the unit?
The wiring should be the same as the switch box FedSig offers, but instead of a pigtail on the back, they provided those quick disconnects. Here is the link for the other box: http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/install/256970.pdf

Let me know what you would like to do. And Ill wait tot hear back from Crown.

Rob
October 11th, 2010, 09:48 PM
What the heck is that box for and what does it do? If you hit takedown, does it lay a whoopin' on the knucklehead that just cut you off in traffic?

Robert B
October 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
If you hit takedown, does it lay a whoopin' on the knucklehead that just cut you off in traffic?
oh plz say it does that and where can i get one?

KnuckleHead
October 12th, 2010, 12:18 AM
What the heck is that box for and what does it do? If you hit takedown, does it lay a whoopin' on the knucklehead that just cut you off in traffic?
It's a control box for the light bar that I have on top of my truck. It's one's similar to the one's in police cars. They have better ones now with all the strobes and LED's they put in the cars.
As far as the "takedowns" go, well at night it will light them up. I have four in the front of bar and yes they are bright. Basically the are to light up the car you pull over so you can see inside. I use mine when running down a dark street or night runs, think KC's

oh plz say it does that and where can i get one?
If you really want a bar like I have I can give you the number to the guy I got mine from....

sunk
October 12th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Got a call back. The connectors can be ordered from Crown, they have to be shipped from Canada, they say it should be around $20. The outputs of the switch box are grounds, and the combined output cannot exceede 3 amps (not much) they use these outputs to control relays. I did recieve a wiring diagram. I will attempt to attach it.

We would have to get you some relays to make this work, not a big deal, but if you want I can get you a similar switch box and I will look into some prices.

sunk
October 12th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Coudnt attach this file, send me a PM and Ill send it to you with email.

Robert B
October 12th, 2010, 07:29 PM
If you really want a bar like I have I can give you the number to the guy I got mine from....
well i wouldnt want to steal your look but it is really cool :) oh and how much did you pay for it?