PDA

View Full Version : Rough Country Customer Service

Aaron
October 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM
As many of you know, I had some issues with the Jeep and death wobble after putting the new Rough Country lift and new wheels and tires. I was able to get it under control by changing out the control arms that came with the kit with the stock ones. This would accomplish a few things that could help. It dials back the caster (since the RC CAs were longer than stock) and it gets rid of control arms which have a design which I suspect would allow side to side motion.

When I let RC know of the issue about a month ago, and they offered to immediately ship me out some new arms. I let them know that I was now quite happy with how the stock arms are performing but I might be interested in some new adjustable ones that they sell if they could get me a good price. They came up with an OK price so I let them know that I would think about it.

Well, I got a call today from Josh who let me know that he had been lobbying on my behalf and got "the big boss man" to agree to send me the new adjustable CAs, FREE. GRATIS!!!

Now that is customer service. RC gets a lot of flac on the forums about their products. I, for one, have had two lift kits (+ a body lift), steering stablizers, and quick disconnects from them and this is the first issue I've had. I've loved all of their products. The fact that they would send me $180 parts for free to make me happy shows that they stand behind their products and customers.

GO Rough Country!!!

MelloYello
October 13th, 2010, 02:11 PM
x2!

WINKY
October 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
SCORE!

Metalhed
October 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM
cool

Hypoid
October 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I'm glad RC offered to replace the arms like that. I'm also glad someone went to bat for you and cheesed them for the upgrade.

Once you get those arms, make a date with an alignment rack and get the castor dialed in.

Brody
October 14th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Nice to hear that customer service is still alive and well in certain select areas.

AccordRanger
October 14th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear Aaron!

RockyMtnHigh
October 14th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Not sure the rep they have with the Jeep community, but with Toyota or at least the FJs they seem to be held in high regard. Either way that was cool of them to do that for you!

1freaky1
October 17th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Aaron, glad you had better luck with them than I have had with Ron @ shittybuilt. Definitely hit the alignment shop after install!

Hypoid
October 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Not sure the rep they have with the Jeep community,
Over at the NAXJA board, they are viewed as an economy brand with a ride to match the name. I've seen comments from some who did not agree with the percieved ride quality, but I've only read good comments about the customer service.