PDA

View Full Version : Front Range 4x4 Volunteer Hours

Chris
October 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM
From Brant Wobig: Forest Service

"From my estimation/calculation, Front Range 4x4 led the way in hours for Adopt-a-Road 2010 on the Clear Creek District with approx. 520hrs of volunteer time. Way to go, I look forward to more of the same in 2011. Thanks."

Congratulations to everyone that contributed to this effort!

Brad
October 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
:frontrange4x4:

WINKY
October 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert B
October 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM
now we must double that next year!!! or triple if you want to win for sure

Aaron
October 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Sounds like we have a volunteer to run one of the cleanups next year!! :thumb:

Brad
October 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM
It would not be hard if more people on here came out for the trail cleanups. :thumb:

Aaron
October 20th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Agreed. I'm one of the losers who didn't make it to either this year. Next year though!!

Brad
October 20th, 2010, 06:00 PM
If my family were sick I would not have made it either. ;)

AccordRanger
October 20th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Woot go us!

WINKY
October 20th, 2010, 06:13 PM
i did it last year, but this year i couldnt due to needed maintenance on the truck. but as long as im not oncall i will do my best to attend the trail cleanups.

Jackie
October 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
:frontrange4x4: Great team-work everyone! I thought both runs were fun in their own way, aside from being productive!

Pathrat
October 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Yes, we rock.

Aaron, maybe you should lead the first clean up run of next year? No pressure, but I bet you would do a good job.

Roostercruiser
October 20th, 2010, 11:02 PM
It was fun , my fam and i had a great time doiny it this year.

Gate Monkey
October 20th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I think it is great we logged that many hours. I like cleaning up Barbour for two reasons. I like to go camping there, and my stocker can handle the trail :) Also, I have really noticed a huge difference over the past two years on Barbour. I really think people are littering less. Also it seems like there is always somebody you run into on a clean up who thanks you for doing it. The last one our group ran into a couple from Iowa who were just exploring the trail on vacation. When they saw what we were doing they asked for a trash bag and joined in cleaning up one of the clearings.

Chris
October 21st, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm with you on that Hugh, it's nice when other users of a multiple-use trail like Barbour Fork voice their appreciation. Remember the folks on horseback offering their horse to pull the Bronco II on to the trailer? That was great!

Brody
October 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM

Could really care less about the "winning " part. What is important is what Hugh said: That the trail cleanups are actually making a difference. There is also a limited amount of difference that 20 rigs on a trail clean up can do vs 10 rigs, except clog the trail up. 10 rigs per trail seems like the maximum, as other people also are using these trails as we are cleaning them. Even with ten or more rigs per trail, we were breaking the rigs in half and starting the trails from different directions in order to not cause a traffic jam. We were close to the top last year, too.

Thanks to everyone who participated in these. I missed the last one due to lack of funds for gas, but it has been the only one that I have ever missed since we started doing this, I think.

1freaky1
October 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM
Personally I think it is cool that we did such a good job but I did not think there was a winning situation except what we do is a win for everyone that uses our trails here.

Chris
October 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
what we do is a win for everyone that uses our trails here.

That's it! :thumb:

Rob
October 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Also, I have really noticed a huge difference over the past two years on Barbour.

X2 on that.

Gate Monkey
October 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
It is really nice to do these clean-ups and see it generally progressively getting better. Honestly, when we started this I really thought we would keep at it but I never expected it to improve. So, color me surprised.

I have some mixed feelings on this, but I think if they would ban shooting it would help. Half the crap we pick up is directly or indirectly related to people shooting and not picking up after themselves. Don't get me wrong. I like shooting. I don't think there are many good safe places on Barbour for shooting, and half the stuff we pick up involves beer cans, clay pigeon chunks, spent brass, and spent shotgun shells. The other half is broken glass in fire pits.

Brody
October 23rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
what we do is a win for everyone that uses our trails here.

That pretty much sums it up, Sean. It is a win win for everyone.

Jackie
October 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
The broken glass where you least expect it is the worst. I hope someone adopts Johnny Park Road. The spurs there were a complete mess last time I was there. I just don't understand how you could leave your campsite such a mess. (For me it would be very embarrasing. Just like having company drop in unexpectedly and you have dishes piled up in the sink and a pile of laundry to be folded on the couch, only worse).:eek:

Brody
October 24th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I hope someone adopts Johnny Park Road.

Johnny Park Road is adopted by the Big Thompson 4 Wheelers.

Just for information's sake, here is a list of Colorado trails and which clubs have adopted them:

http://www.hightrails.org/adopt_list.html

Just because a club has adopted a trail , doesn't mean that they spend a great deal of time cleaning it up....:frown:

Pathrat
October 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Actually, the Loveland paper did a story this last week on the Big Thompson 4 Wheelers cleaning up Johnny Park...and dragging out 15 pounds of spent brass.

Brad
October 24th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I think we beat that on Devil's Canyon!

Pathrat
October 24th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I think we beat that on Devil's Canyon!

You should have seen the haul from Barbour on our first clean up run! :eek:

Chris
October 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM
There's an area on Barbour Fork that we've never touched that was shut down to shooters. I recall Brant saying we could spend a week cleaning up the brass there. IIRC it's off the trail right where it begins.

KnuckleHead
October 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Great job everyone!!!

Aaron
October 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Yes, we rock.

Aaron, maybe you should lead the first clean up run of next year? No pressure, but I bet you would do a good job.

I'll run one next year for sure. We'll start scheduling that in the spring.

Robert B
October 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
ok i didnt read all the posts in between but... we are win by doing this cause its makes it a win for all :P and once we get the runs set up for next year ill be going (havent done them a whole bunch but if trail heads are easy to find i can even lead if no one will do it ) :jiggy: now... to do snow runs...

RockGrinder
November 2nd, 2010, 12:45 AM
Hey everyone! I know I haven't been able to do much since I joined, but I would like to help/assist in any way I can. I love to go out into the mountains and have fun just as much as the next guy, I am glad to have been accepted by you all on here, so let me know if I can be of any use to you all. ok? thanks for reading this. Greg.

Pathrat
November 2nd, 2010, 10:04 PM
Next year's clean up RockGrinder :)

KnuckleHead
November 3rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Hey everyone! I know I haven't been able to do much since I joined, but I would like to help/assist in any way I can. I love to go out into the mountains and have fun just as much as the next guy, I am glad to have been accepted by you all on here, so let me know if I can be of any use to you all. ok? thanks for reading this. Greg.
Yeah I'll tug you along on next years clean ups.... it's all good you didn't make it this year, you started a little late lol