PDA

View Full Version : "special" runs

Robert B
October 21st, 2010, 12:48 PM
i was wondering if anyone here does any of those halloween runs or christmas eve/day/day after runs or a new years one ? i think someone else posted they were going on black friday but it was a harder trail(too big for my rig and xp) so maybe if i get mine fexed before i can see if anyone wants to do a run then but on an easier trail ?? tell me what you guys think ... im pretty sure there will be runs in between that ppl do but...anyway.... i know this is all kinda still wishful on my part as my rig is still down for the count but...im going nuts:blah: just siting here.

Aaron
October 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hey Robert. Obviously all the runs are set up by the members so anyone can set up anything. That kinda makes them all special runs, eh :)

That being said, we have a few that are sort of annual runs like the anniversary run in the spring, stockers run, ladies run and the cleanup runs. We also try to get a Moab trip in here and there and those are all special! In other words, post one up! Or get some ideas started in the trail run planning section...

SubaCool
October 21st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Usually a trip to Taco Bell gets me the special runs :p

Aaron
October 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
:lmao: Thats funny right there....

Chris
October 21st, 2010, 04:58 PM
Ew! Too much info Kubo!

I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet but we usually do a club turkey donation for Thanksgiving to the Denver Shelter too.

I'd head that up but will be gone.

Brody
October 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Usually a trip to Taco Bell gets me the special runs

Youse gots sometin really wrong in yer brain pan, Kubo....Must have eaten way too much борщ (borscht) in your youth.....

Last year I was thinking about a "save the TaTas" run for breast cancer. I was too busy to research it and certainly want the money to go to the right folks instead of lining someone's pocket like the "Jerry's Kids" money seems to do.

Someone posted a Black Friday run, so anything that you can come up with, I am sure people will go...

dr350jja
October 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM
There is a "Toys for Tots" run in December.

Jackie
October 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah - I did the Toys for Tots run last year. It was fun. Huge turnout. There were 4 meeting places around the Denver Metro area and all the teams converged at the fairgrounds at about the same time. We filled a HUGE military truck with toys. I'll do it again this year for sure. I haven't seen it planned yet though. Anyone else????

Jackie
October 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Last year I was thinking about a "save the TaTas" run for breast cancer. I was too busy to research it...
Brody - I like that idea! I lost an older sister to breast cancer when she was only 39. I also have a sister-in-law who is currently a BC survivor. This might be a great event for next summer/fall. We have time to research who the money should go to.

Patrolman
October 21st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Ew! Too much info Kubo!

I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet but we usually do a club turkey donation for Thanksgiving to the Denver Shelter too.

I'd head that up but will be gone.

I just put up a post to start thinking about the Turkey Run. I can lead it, but am looking for ideas on where to go and what date. More info listed under the Turkey Run post.

Also, we did the delivery to the teen shelter at Christmas last year. Those kids were SO happy to see what we had brought! That was great and I would certainly do that again! What do people think? Stephanie?

Brody
October 22nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
Brody - I like that idea! I lost an older sister to breast cancer when she was only 39. I also have a sister-in-law who is currently a BC survivor. This might be a great event for next summer/fall. We have time to research who the money should go to.

I have dated a few ladies who are breast cancer survivors and also lost a couple of friends. If you can turn up some information on doing a run to benefit a cause , that would be great....or, in this case, any breast cancer organizations that could give a little guidance.

Brad
October 22nd, 2010, 06:04 AM
I would definately be up for a BC run, lost a stepmother to BC and my mother is a ovarian and BC survivor.

Jackie
October 22nd, 2010, 07:04 AM
If you can turn up some information on doing a run to benefit a cause , that would be great....
I'll make a few phone calls today and come back with suggestions.

Brad
October 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Now your just putting words in my mouth! :D

Jackie
October 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
OOPS! How did that happen?

Fordguy77
October 22nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Last year we did a run out at CORE either as like a meet and great or a just cause run, its been almost a year so i cant really remember, but that was a good time.