PDA

View Full Version : junkyards in denver

foxtrot
October 28th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Going to denver tomorrow, what are some good junk yards for GM/chevy Blazer parts? maaybe close to yoda jims? :wrench:

Haku
October 29th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Upull is on is near 58th street on the west side of I-25. They have lots of domestic stuff, all styles of vehicle. $2 to get in, so bring a bit o' cash. Colorado Auto Parts is down off of Santa Fe in Littleton or Englewood, and they also have quite a few domestic vehicles, no charge to get in and they are reasonable with pricing. Western Auto Parts is on Federal, and while its a bit grungy and not as well kept they have reasonable pricing and seem to have more older vehicles, but should have plenty of newer ones like Blazers too. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I would go to first. I bet Colorado Auto Parts is your best bet though.

Brody
October 29th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Southbound Pecos is closed so if you want to go to Pull and Pay, you best bet is going to be getting on I76(which is north of I70) and taking Pecos north from that. You will not want to try to get there from I70 and Pecos. So go I70 to I25 north, then the I76 west, then Pecos north. Take Pecos north to the first light, turn right (east), follow the road until it takes a turn to the right, but go straight , following that road as it turns back north. Pull and Pay is now on the hill in front of you. You will see the Pull and Pay sign from I76.

I would skip Western, though it isn't to far up Federal from I76, do the Pull and Pay after Yoda Jims, and hit Colorado Auto Parts on Santa Fe on the way out of town, taking Santa Fe to C470 and either taking it all the way to Castle Rock/I25 or looping around on C470 to pick up I25.

Just some thoughts...

U Pull and Pay:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS393US394&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=pull+and+pay+denver&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pull+and+pay&hnear=Denver,+CO&cid=18180994423316794986

U-Pull-&-Pay http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/transparent.png 390 West 66th Way., Denver, CO 80221 (303) 650-0490 () ‎

Colorado Auto Parts:

http://www.coloradoautoandparts.com/

http://www.coloradoautoandparts.com/location.html
2151 W. Radcliff Avenue
Englewood, CO 80110
(303)761-0112 or (800)222-0743
MON-FRI 8AM - 5PM------SAT 8AM

Fordguy77
October 29th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I was going to hit this with you and robert b but i guess you waiting till monday now?

foxtrot
October 29th, 2010, 05:12 PM
yes, Jim at yodajims will have my tires there on Monday. planningn on hitting the different yards around there to see what we can find. you could be our tour guide :)

Fordguy77
October 29th, 2010, 05:34 PM
yes, Jim at yodajims will have my tires there on Monday. planningn on hitting the different yards around there to see what we can find. you could be our tour guide :)

I would! But sadly i lucked out and got a three day weekend because we finished up early this week. I'll be at Amgen longmont monday and most likely miss you guys because of travel time and such.

Brody
October 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hey Brad

Give me a shout and see what I have going on on Monday when you get to town. I am about 15 minutes away from Pull and Pay on Pecos.

303-507-3066

foxtrot
October 29th, 2010, 06:37 PM
will do, we are going to stop by yoda jims first probably. you want us to stop by your house first? or you just want to meet us there

Brody
October 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I might be able to meet you at the Pull and Pay. I don't know if I am going to go Sunday or Monday to the yard, but if I don't go Sunday, Monday it is...

foxtrot
October 29th, 2010, 06:57 PM
lol ok sounds good. so you want us to call you when we leave yoda jims?

Brody
October 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Works for me. Chris canceled tomorrow, so there is a chance that I will be doing all the stuff I was going to do on his rig tomorrow Monday. Totally up to him. We will have a full day as I am doing sliders, gas tank skid plate, T case skid plate and control arm skid plates. Stephanie's rig is over here right now so I have something I can template quite a bit of things from and my neighbor has a 4 Runner like Chris', so it should end up being just a bunch of welding. Give me a call at any rate to see where I am at. Like I said, I have to go get some Ford stuff for an F250 for work later in the week.

foxtrot
October 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
ok will do, need any help? always willing to lend a hand/ take in some knowledge

Brody
October 30th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Like I said, I don't know quite what I will be doing, but if it is fabbing or welding stuff and you want to hang out before heading back to the Springs, you are most certainly welcome.

foxtrot
October 30th, 2010, 09:02 AM
ok sounds good :thumb:

scout man
October 31st, 2010, 10:15 PM
ill probably be at western auto tomorrow pulling the axle shafts out of a scout, so if you see me come say hi!!

foxtrot
October 31st, 2010, 11:01 PM
lol sounds good, I'll be up there browsing around

CR
November 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Amgen longmont
You work there often?
That has been my plow site for the past three years.

scout man
November 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
Picked up 4 axle shafts today, and 2 hub assemblies. totalled $94 :erm: but cheaper than some I had been seeing on CL. Not in the best shape, but definitely better than not having spares!!!

Fordguy77
November 1st, 2010, 08:50 PM
You work there often?
That has been my plow site for the past three years.
Lately i have been spending a lot of time at Amgen Lake Center(Boulder) for a expansion project that they have going on. At longmont they are doing some routine maintenance on same machine we are install for them, so they have us going up to longmont and updating all there equipment on and off until next year.