PDA

View Full Version : The Decline of Society

Medic-5150
October 31st, 2010, 12:28 PM
H2O: Dangerous Chemical!

A student at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the Greater Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26. He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment. In his project he urged people to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical "dihydrogen monoxide." And for plenty of good reasons, since:

it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
it is a major component in acid rain
it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
accidental inhalation can kill you
it contributes to erosion
it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients

He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical.

Forty-three (43) said yes,
six (6) were undecided,
and only one (1) knew that the chemical was water.

The title of his prize winning project was, "How Gullible Are We?" He feels the conclusion is obvious.

Red Rhino
October 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM
:bang:

Sad. We have more mindless sheep per square mile than Northern Ireland.

WINKY
October 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM
lol!!!!

Brad
October 31st, 2010, 03:03 PM
:bang:

:lmao: so true.

Robert B
October 31st, 2010, 05:48 PM
DUDE IM NEVER GOING TO USE WATER AGAIN!!!!! oh wait then i die :) that definately sounds like americans though

Red Rhino
October 31st, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just to piss those people off, I just converted my K5 to run on water. It only uses 20 gallons per 1 mile. Now that is environmental or is it just mental?

Chris
October 31st, 2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.dhmo.org/

When I taught elementary kids computers skills I used that site as an example of how not everything on the web is to be believed. There are a bunch along that line that read very well but are not what they appear to be. It's fun stuff with kids.

Jackie
October 31st, 2010, 09:20 PM
Funny stuff!

Sad, but true. Don't answer your phone for the next couple days - God only knows what crap the caller might spew!!! Is it November 3rd yet??? My recycle bin is overflowing with thousands of dollars worth of crap. (Ooohh. how I could use that pocket-change).

Brody
November 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM

Sad to say, but that is the way I feel, too. We seemed to have a huge number of people lately that are showing the fact that they took a high dive into the shallow end of the gene pool when the tide was out....and do nothing to cover it up....