PDA

View Full Version : Pierson Park/Johnny Park

Rob
November 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
Johnny Park and Pierson Park roads

Saturday, Nov. 6

9 a.m. at Diamond Shamrock in Lyons (though I think it has a Longmont address): it's on Colo. Highway 66 just west of U.S. 36, on the left. The address is 4206 Ute Highway, Longmont‎

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Diamond+Shamrock&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&ei=bpDPTKX-GIr0tAONpITVBg&vps=5&jsv=291b&sll=40.215815,-105.255514&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=11431064331376644765&iwloc=A&ved=0CGoQpQY&sa=X

CB channel 4

Here's a link to the run Jackie and I did there in mid-September: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?10929-Johnny-Park-and-Pierson-Park

Since a good chunk if the south end of Johnny Park was graded this summer, we'll start on Pierson Park from the Meeker Park (Highway 7) end, then when we get to U.S. 34 we'll head back down to JPR and play around on the north end, where all the fun stuff is. It's a short jaunt back to Lyons from there.

Pathrat
November 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
So Traildamage called Johnny Park a 3 in 2008 and after all the run-off, it is now harder than anyone remembers...like every trail in CO this year! Looks like a good trail for Chris and I to try out the new mods.

Rob
November 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
So Traildamage called Johnny Park a 3 in 2008 and after all the run-off, it is now harder than anyone remembers...like every trail in CO this year! Looks like a good trail for Chris and I to try out the new mods.

I'd give it a moderate, with a couple of obstacles that have more challenging lines.

Brody
November 3rd, 2010, 04:37 AM
Possibly. Got the KM2s on, so now have some tires again. Gotta see what LD has planned for work or whatever. Gotta see if there is work for me, too, before I go making decisions...I'll know today.
More fired up about just being able to get out than "testing" the tires.....I already know what big off road tires do...

Just curious here, but on the "Weekend's supposed to be nice" thread, just about everyone who was wanting to get out this weekend said that SUNDAY was going to work out better for them rather than SATURDAY as this run got posted up as. There were at least 3-4 people, myself included, where a run Sunday looked better. Don't much care either way, just wondered why Sunday ended up being the day is all...Be nice if it was a slightly harder trail, too, but like Bryan said, any trail in Colorado is fun, even if there aren't any challenges on it...It is just nice to get out.

CR
November 3rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
I should be able to make it.
I am bringing a friend on an atv too.

Aaron
November 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
I might make it. Looks good right now.

Smash
November 3rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Have a great and safe time everyone! Will look forward to pics so that I may live vicariously.

Rob
November 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
Steph, tell Hugh to bring his truck, too. :thumb:

Pathrat
November 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Steph, tell Hugh to bring his truck, too. :thumb:

If he paints his sliders and puts the one back on that he took off :rolleyes:

I think we will just likely be taking the FJC

AccordRanger
November 4th, 2010, 12:38 AM
The Ranger can do it! :thumb:

If he paints his sliders and puts the one back on that he took off :rolleyes:

I think we will just likely be taking the FJC

I would say sliders are not necessary for this trail never even scratched the plastic on the Ex, not even on the harder lines. Did it in the Exploder when it was 100% stock, which sits lower than the Ranger at stock height. Just banged up the T-bar mounts.

Alec W
November 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Darn, it's more or lees Wyoming for me from the tech center but I'll be there.

Jackie
November 4th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Crap! I really want to go. Britton wants to do it on his dirt bike as well, but we have to figure a few things out before we can commit. If we go, we might have to hook up with you on the WHY 36 side of things due to hauling a trailer. But it's more than that... blah, blah, blah. MAYBE!!!

SubaCool
November 4th, 2010, 09:22 PM
The Ranger can do it!
I've seen a Subaru Outback out there once. Oh wait... :p Have fun y'all! I'm gonna be tearing it up at CORE on Saturday (in my RS). Yee-haw! :cool:

Pathrat
November 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM
LOL...it was he isn't allowed to take the Ranger out until he re-attached the bars! I was tired of looking at one of them in the garage and one on the truck, with my rotary tools strewn. Wow. I sound like a guy.

Fordguy77
November 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
So its a no go for me. I will be happily salving my life away at Amgen Lakecenter tomorrow :rolleyes:

Pathrat
November 5th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I woke up at 2am with a nuclear tooth. If I need the pain drugs tomorrow, I will NOT be wheeling. If the pain subsides (and it is flaming right now) we will be there. I will text DrOldUnit so no one is waiting around should I be unable to go.

Chris
November 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Stephanie!

Skip the drugs, take a shot of whiskey and yank that sucker with a pair of pliers! :erm:

Alec W
November 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately I spoke too soon and would have to be back in the tech center area by 3pm. I know I could technically skip the second trail and book south but I would have a PO'ed daughter to deal with if something went wrong. A PO'ed 17 year old is not worth the chance :lmao:

Aaron
November 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately I spoke too soon and would have to be back in the tech center area by 3pm. I know I could technically skip the second trail and book south but I would have a PO'ed daughter to deal with if something went wrong. A PO'ed 17 year old is not worth the chance :lmao:

yeah, I wouldn't risk it!

Pathrat
November 5th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Sorry to hear that Stephanie!

Skip the drugs, take a shot of whiskey and yank that sucker with a pair of pliers! :erm:

I like your idea, I really do, but I need this particular tooth. It has already had a root canal so this one will be easier....

hahahahahaha...that's the drugs talking!

Upsetting 17 year olds? Is it necessary to try to do that? I found that it sometimes happens spontaneously. :)

Chris
November 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM
A PO'ed 17 year old is not worth the chance

My memory just recalls 17 as perennially PO'D.:lmao:

Alec W
November 5th, 2010, 05:21 PM
My memory just recalls 17 as perennially PO'D.:lmao:
LOL, yeah they are. Missing a HS band concert competition final would put me in the doghouse with the wife, the ex wife (not overly concerned with that) and the daughter :erm:. I already missed one not long ago because I was in Moab, twice in a month and I may as well go move there. Hrmmmmm.... :smokin:

Chris
November 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Roktaxi's selling his house in Moab! :rolleyes:

That's probably not the best solution, see you next time and enjoy the competition! ;)

Alec W
November 5th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Roktaxi's selling his house in Moab! :rolleyes:

Actually I have a really good friend who lives in Moab year round and can stay in his spare room whenever I want. FWIW he cuts firewood for a living and supplies most of the camp sites etc. If anyone ever needs to avoid the markup on wood in Moab lookup Rocky Mountain Firewood Moab on google and tell Steve that Alec sent you his way. He lives just south of Moab near Mill Creek Drive.

OK so that was totally off topic :D

Chris
November 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM
:hijack:

Off topic is pretty common here, so much so we have a smilie for it. IIRC Marty/roktaxi lives off Mill Creek as well. I suppose that applies to lots of Moab residents. :lmao:

Okay, hijack off. :rolleyes:

Rob
November 5th, 2010, 07:13 PM
would put me in the doghouse with the wife, the ex wife and the daughter

Wow, a trifecta. Don't want to do that!

I managed it once or twice, but with a wife, ex-wife and a son. Bad times. :lmao:

Pathrat
November 5th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I am only going to pissed off at me that the tooth went nuclear before a ride and a trip out of town next week.

I am probably not going to be able to go.

And we can hijack about Moab resources anytime! My uncle welds (really well too) and he lives in Moab, but all his gear is in storage.

Jackie
November 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I've seen a Subaru Outback out there

And you were the champ that day!!! WOW! is all I have to say about that!

Have fun tomorrow everyone. We can't go, but will look forward to pics!

Brody
November 6th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Sorry to hear about the tooth, Stephanie! I hate tooth problems....

OK so that was totally off topic

What Chris said....we all just grin and bear it. No problems...some of us, myself included, are worse than others...