PDA

View Full Version : Pierson Park/Johnny Park - 11/06

Chris
November 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Another nice run, good people, good weather, good times!

Rob, Aaron, Anna, Allie, CR, Liz, Bill, Barb & myself made this one. I brought my camera but forgot the battery so I can't provide any pics though everyone else should have some. No drama, no carnage, one strap came out very briefly. I'm still learning how to drive my truck but it did fine, Barb tested the new gas tank skid Pete built and it passed with flying colors.

Her language was quite colorful as well. :erm:

Thanks folks, we had fun today!

:thumb:

Rob
November 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Another nice run, good people, good weather, good times!

X2! And I got to watch the Princess in action. (By the way, Chris, I think the rubbing is happening in the back when your tire is stuffed. CR got a pic showing some rubbing.)

I ended up giving Mr. Meyers a ride home to Longmont. He was pulled off in the canyon about halfway to Lyons.

I'll have some pics up shortly.

Brody
November 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Sorry to have missed this one. I had work to do, so I worked. Got work to do today, so I am working today, too. I hope to be doing a run next weekend which I will post up. LADawn isn't going to be working then, so it will be good to have her come along, too.

Looking forward to pictures and reports of snow, if any.

Chris...we just painted the skid plate! Couldn't you have waited at least another week or so before scratching it?? Glad it did what it was supposed to do...

Chris
November 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM
It was all Barb's doing Pete though she claims some lousy spotting was the blame. :erm:

Glad you spotted Meyer's Jeep Rob, I blew by as Barb said she thought he was pulled off the road.

I'm rubbing on the back when stuffed and front rear a bit too, I'll take a look today and see exactly where if I can. Pics would be great if anybody got some good ones.

:thumb:

CR
November 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Liz and I also had a great time out with you all, as usual. Thanks for headonig this one up Rob, I've never done Pierson and it was a fun trail. Also, Thanks for picking up Mr. Leroy. That would not have been fun being up there past dark with only a denim jacket.
Liz was able to get a few pics before her battery died. Will have those up soon.
Thanks again for a great day... Who woulda known we would be wheelin in November with no snow...

Mr6dwg
November 7th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the great day of four wheeling. It was not a day with alot of technicality, but that was not what the day was about for me. It was about being out in the hills on a lovely day with a great group of people. I had done some of those roads, but not all of them. Here are some of the pictures I got. I have an update on the pictures. While uploading, I got a message stating that they were too large. I will try to decrease the size and get them on.

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Pics from the Button Rock spur that connects to Johnny Park Road.

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Some from Johnny Park Road.

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 01:40 PM
A few more from JPR

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
A few from the dead-end spur off Pierson Park Road

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 01:53 PM
A few more Pierson Park pics

KnuckleHead
November 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Nice pics guys glad it was a fun and safe day

Pathrat
November 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Looks like I would have really enjoyed this run; sucks I had to miss it.

Funrover
November 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Looks like a great time. I really need to get out. I miss it BAD!

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Looks like I would have really enjoyed this run; sucks I had to miss it.

You would have. No snow! (By the way, I'm sensing some irony in your new avatar.) :)

So did you get the tooth squared away? Or at least sufficient numbing agents until you can get it fixed?

Funrover
November 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM
You would have. No snow! (By the way, I'm sensing some irony in your new avatar.) :)

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

Rob
November 7th, 2010, 09:57 PM
My hopes must to too high!

I kind of like the hill climb pic.

Brody
November 8th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Wow...thanks for the huge number of pictures!

I think we need to start calling Barb "Hammer Down", or "Hammer Time" or something similar....MAybe you should stick in a supercharger and 2 lockers and she can play TV Tommy Ivo off road, lighting all 4 tires up....

Brad
November 8th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Great pics! Wish I could have made it.

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
How about some videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTV3rC1pH5E

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Here's Bill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ld1L0ph_Y

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
And Chris...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmTo3MG1rqc

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM
And CR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcrQUI_MxqM

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Here's CR showing off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZpEtuuvLNs

Brad
November 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
No it isnt. I get "this video is not available." :D

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Its still processing. Give it a few minutes and then look at all of CRs reverse traversing wonder!

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 02:23 PM
And my sneezing!

Smash
November 8th, 2010, 02:25 PM
BLESS YOU!

roflmao

CR
November 8th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Figured I try a little :brody::lmao:

Brad
November 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Nice! Good vids. Just like me tho, the iphone 4 has no mic buffer for those filming. It is so damn loud. :D

Aaron
November 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
YEah. Guess I should get that iMovie thing so I can put music over it and you can't hear me sneeze!

Brad
November 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I used it on that last movie I made on Storm Mountain.
Works well, you can edit just the section out you sneeze and
mute the audio basically cutting it out however if you add music
it turns the volume up on the music where you edited out the sound for the sneeze.
Check out my video from Storm mountain again. It is a perfect example of the flaw.
Ideally a more advanced video editor or more features on imovie are needed as
in allowing you to set the music volume regardless of what live video audio is present. :thumb:

Aaron
November 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I moved the "Avatar Wars" here :)

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?11284-Avatar-Wars&highlight=Avatar+Wars

Pathrat
November 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM

So did you get the tooth squared away? Or at least sufficient numbing agents until you can get it fixed?

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

hijack- You are both correct! I saw the sun shining on the bare dirt and knew I missed the last dry trail. I can't go this weekend because I will be in CA. Rob, I get to have my head drilled tomorrow. whoohoo. And yes, the drugs were both mandatory and welcome. I am a horrible patient and Hugh likes it much better when I am chemically quieted.

Robert B
November 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hugh likes it much better when I am chemically quieted
i can do that with a hammer for 5 bucks (much cheaper) :thumb:

Brody
November 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
If the novocaine wears off and the tooth/area still hurts, you can hold any kind of alcohol in your mouth for awhile and it will numb it.