PDA

View Full Version : Post Apocalyptic Survival Vehicles

DETN8R
November 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM
This may be a re-post but check these out if you haven't seen them before.

http://jalopnik.com/360213/the-ten-best-post+apocalyptic-survival-vehicles

and check out this monster hunting vehicle on 64" tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wiJoJqlrwM
http://jalopnik.com/5689550/the-critter-gitter-is-our-new-ultimate-zombie+hunting-vehicle

Mporter
November 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
That is (in a word) f***in cool!

Mporter
November 14th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I voted for the Buffalo Force Protection Vehicle....which seems to be the winning one, so far.

BlackRubi
November 15th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Are those Rockwell axles? They sure look like it!
And the booze holders don't really seem like the brightest idea. "Hey there Billy Bob, now that we're all boozed up, let's take this big A$$ truck out for a spin!"

Brody
November 15th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Those are Rockwells. Just about anything smaller wouldn't work too well. Nice to see that someone else picked up on the emphasis on the booze holder...and with the same thought too:" Yee Haw, Billy Bob.....Now we got our for real sign shooter" Gotta figure that natural selection is going to happen here. The combination of booze and guns is usually not too good to begin with....Couple that with a rig that looks like you could really find yourself a long ways away from help.....HAHA

Brody
November 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Having been to a few 3rd World countries and various islands, the vehicles that you see over there are Toyotas, Rovers and old 70s American cars. There is a reason for this. Older rigs are easier to maintain. Rovers and Yotas have parts sources everywhere all over the world....not to mention the fact that they are both reliable vehicles.

Give me an older rig, even if it is a 1968 Chevy Impala beater, and I'll be running circles around all of these fancy high tech rigs with all of the groovy electronics.....which will be the very first things to get toasted with an EMP....These hi tech rigs would end up serving as road markers: "Take a right turn when you get to the $100k expedition rig...." Of Course a lot of the hi tech military stuff is designed to withstand an EMP, but you aren't going to get that kind tech in a civilian market for very cheap....and I bet that all of the rigs shown have no EMP protection.....

RockyMtnHigh
November 29th, 2010, 12:13 AM
"Hey there Billy Bob, now that we're all boozed up, let's take this big A$$ truck out for a spin and shoot some stuff!"

Fixed it for you!

This is what happens when you give a redneck some sheet metal and a welder, he makes a tree stand on wheels! :lmao:

SCRubicon
November 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM
The Critter Gitter? The name says it all... :rolleyes:

DETN8R
December 5th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Has anyone been watching The Walking Dead on AMC? They have a lifted Samurai in their convoy.

AccordRanger
December 5th, 2010, 07:43 PM
That was the first thing i noticed!:D

scout man
December 5th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Has anyone been watching The Walking Dead on AMC? They have a lifted Samurai in their convoy.

I saw one episode of this and that was the first thing I noticed too!

Mporter
December 5th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I haven't watched anything except the first 2. I did notice an FJ40 in the first episode though....could just be my keen cruiser eye