PDA

View Full Version : Introducing a new FR Moderator

Aaron
November 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I want to introduce to you our newest FrontRange 4x4 Moderator, Jock (RockyMtnHigh). He has graciously accepted the position. Jock, Pete (Brody :brody:) and Rob are all here to help keep the club running and making Front Range 4x4 the best club on the planet.

Thanks Jock! :thumb:

Mporter
November 15th, 2010, 08:07 AM
:2thumbup::2thumbup:

Brody
November 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks Jock! Great to have your help with this!

Brad
November 15th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Let me think of something really offensive and see how long it takes him to notice!

j/k :D

RockyMtnHigh
November 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Thank you everyone.

I have to say I was pretty flattered that Aaron asked a couple days ago if I would be interested. This year I haven't been involved in any of the runs as my main interest kind of changed over to fly fishing, heck I bought a motorcycle last September with intentions of supplementing my need to be in the mountains and even that took a back burner. As I told Aaron though FR4x4 remains my core group if you will, despite the numerous fly fishing, motorcycle and 4x4 forums I keep coming back here for probably the same reasons most of you do. I too grew tired of the make and model nonsense that exists on other forums/clubs and just the overall drama, this is also a group that pulls together for one another and not just in the touchy feely post responses, you guys actually come out of pocket or lend a helping hand when needed, actions speak louder than words. So as well as the reasons for coming back, these reasons are also directly contributed to my flattery.

Moderator, what does that mean? The definition of it reads: avoiding extremes of behavior or expression : observing reasonable limits. I haven't seen too many instances where moderator intervention was needed on here, but I realize in accepting this responsibility I need to be a little more open minded and less opinionated in topics that come up on here.

Now, I by far also don't have a lot to offer in the mechanical knowledge area compared to most people on here, there are also far more experienced wheelers on here than myself and as far as fly fishing is concerned, well I just started that endeavor last year so I am a still wet behind the ears there too. I don't hold any illusions that I am better than any of you, my responsibility is to try and keep the peace and nothing more, other than that I suspect it will business as usual and yes Rob, that includes the occasional jab thrown in your direction of you being almost as old as dirt! :lmao: Seriously though, what I do offer is a LOVE for everything outdoors, anything that gets us out there exploring, learning or just relaxing in what we know as the Rockies.

ColoRaider
November 15th, 2010, 09:48 AM
oh brother.... just what he needs... a bit of responsibility and power...
Congrats to you sir... please dont ban me..

CR
November 15th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks Jock!

RockyMtnHigh
November 15th, 2010, 10:38 AM
please dont ban me..

I don't think my "powers" include the ability to flush the proverbial toilet when it gets full, but I can assure you Robbie you'll be the first to know if that's ever the case! :thumb::lmao:

Robert B
November 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I don't think my "powers" include the ability to flush the proverbial toilet
not yet anyway you need to slowly work your way up without us knowing it and then take over and rule all!!!! :D

Rob
November 15th, 2010, 11:37 AM
That's "as old as dirt," not "older than dirt."

Congrats, Jock.

Robert B
November 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM
ok i just have to say it but Rob didnt you invent dirt ??

Brody
November 15th, 2010, 11:41 AM
HAHA....he is way younger than either Chris or myself and Chris is WAY older than I am.....He not only invented dirt, he got to name it....Chris, that is....:D

Chris
November 15th, 2010, 11:49 AM
and someday I'll explain to you all exactly what "dirt" means. ;)

Congrats Jock!

Brad
November 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
and someday I'll explain to you all exactly what "dirt" means. ;)

Waiting with baited breath! :D

RockyMtnHigh
November 15th, 2010, 02:50 PM
That's "as old as dirt," not "older than dirt."

Opps, sorry I said, "almost" I did not realize you were indeed as old as dirt, I was after all trying to be considerate. :lmao:

He not only invented dirt, he got to name it....Chris, that is....:D

:lmao:

Pathrat
November 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Congrats and thanks Jock!

Just to clarify: the old guys are used to being hassled for being old guys. It is an established precident amongst the members and thus has become an accepted community standard. No jury would convict me. Oh, and I get some leeway for being over 40. :smokin: Of course if the old guys are offended they get to smack you down. :D

Roo
November 15th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Congrats my friend!!:cheers:

Roostercruiser
November 15th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Kewl Jock, youll do just fine :-)

southpaws3
November 17th, 2010, 12:19 AM
congradulations!

KnuckleHead
November 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Congrats and thanks for taking the leap