PDA

View Full Version : its works again

Robert B
November 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
ok since i didnt know how to work the flashers till my dad showed me we found out they didnt work......... push the button in half way and hold and the front ones work and flash kinda fast.no back ones........push alkl the way in and it clicks even faster but none of the lights work............was thinking that with the other odd wiring things on this truck it would be a nightmare BUT.. looked on the shelf and had a flasher fuse thingy from the bronco left over from old times (even an old box) and decided to start there .....they were both the same company but the numbers didnt match so figured to try it anyway.... it goes in and they all flash!! even the sidemarker lights flash! FINALLY AND EASY FIX WOOHOOOOOOOO (probably just jinxed my self)

AccordRanger
November 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Great to hear it was an easy fix!

Pathrat
November 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM
You sound pretty happy now

Brody
November 27th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Nice to get one of those easy fixes every now and then.. Gives one hope.....

Fordguy77
November 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear it was something easy like the fuse! I had a bone head move fixing the flashers on the 77. It all started when a wire for my driver side rear brake light broke. This was in the middle of one of those dump 4 feet of snow in one day snow storms we seem to get every so often. So i am out there splicing the wire and once i have it all buttoned up. Every function of my taillights stops working. And i check all the fuses and such and they all test good, so i figured the whole harness in the steering column went out. Every brake light turn single hazard light all goes to my turn switch in the steering column. So i tear apart the column and replace that whole harness and still nothing. So now i've been outside in the cold for a few hours and no longer have patience. I get mad and kick the floor board of my truck and all of a sudden my hazard lights turn on. It all was caused by a loose ground on the fuse block! I was pretty upset but happy it was all fixed.

Brody
November 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
That sounds more like what happens to me with car electrical issues...complete with snow, cold and wetness. Last time I was dealing with something like that it happened to be right in the middle if a major snow storm. I had whatever rig I was working on parked half in and half out of my garage so the doors wouldn't close and the wind was creating a vortex in there with blowing snow. felt like I was working somewhere is Alaska...Luckily the clothes dryer is right inside of the garage entry door, so I was able to keep recycling gloves through it to keep the hands warm...Seems easier to get frustrated with stupid stuff like when you are cold, wet and miserable.....