PDA

View Full Version : I-tunes free shows

Patrolman
December 5th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I found out there are occasionally free shows on I-tunes. We don't have cable and bought an Apple-TV, so last night we downloaded:

Top Gear – Cobra Attack
Code Lyoko – Xana Awakens, Pt. 2
Code Lyoko – Xana Awakens, Pt.1
The Ride – Episode 1

It apparently changes from time to time, so these are free for a short time only. I had only heard of Top Gear, which we watched and was a good show. The rest we will watch later since they are saved on the machine. Can't beat a free sampler!

DETN8R
December 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Speaking of Top Gear, you have to watch the Top Gear Polar Special/Challenge.

How is the Apple TV? I've been wanting one.

Patrolman
December 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM
This is the only show of Top Gear that I have seen. I have seen clips of others.

The Apple TV is pretty slick. Easy to use and basically plug-n-play for the basics. I opted for a used one for $100. It has a 160gb drive. The new machines don't have a drive. Only real difference in programming is the new machines have Netflix pre-installed. The used ones won't. There is a patch that I am still working on installing to have Netflix as well as Hulu and other sites on it. Should be pretty slick then!

Medic-5150
December 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
For Top Gear visit www.finalgear.com They have every top gear episode ever made. Including the original season that aired 4 years before the current format (I wouldn't recommend watching it though lol). As mentioned before, the Polar Special is awesome. Also look into the Vietnam Special, Bolivia Special, and the African Special.