PDA

View Full Version : Famous Last Words

Chris
December 16th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Add any you may have, I'll start:

George Appel, a gangster, about to be executed by electrocution: "Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel."

James French, sentenced to death in the electric chair: "How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? 'French Fries'."

One for Rob:

Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian: "I am about to -- or I am going to -- die: either expression is correct."

Brad
December 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I always think of this one and it makes me sad:

Senna (Da Silva), Ayrton (1960-1994) [Formula One Race Driver] "The car seems OK..." [A few seconds later his steering column broke and he died when his car hit the wall.]

And some funny ones:
Rodgers, James W. ( -1960) [American criminal] "Why yes, a bulletproof vest!" (On his final request before the firing squad.)

My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.
Oscar Wilde- on his death bed.

Ardent
December 16th, 2010, 12:29 PM
"Here, hold my beer." - unknown

Jackie
December 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM
This one is from my own dad as we wheeled my mom into his hospital room thinking he was going to be OK... (he tried to lean over and hug her in her wheel chair)....

"Oh, ****..." he said. And that was it.

My dad was a hoot! :smokin: A WWII Purple Heart Vet with a wife and 10 kids. I don't know how he survived as long as he did

4finger
December 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM
And that was it.

oh- ahem- sniff.

there seems to be some crud in my eyes. i gotta go uhhhhhmmmmmm over here for a few minutes.

southpaws3
December 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Your life is an occasion --- stand up for it!!

Roostercruiser
December 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
"no new taxes"

Pathrat
December 18th, 2010, 10:21 PM
How many times has this been said:

"Hey, watch this!"

Rob
December 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM
"Here, hold my beer."

"Hey, watch this!"

And how many times have these been said by the same person, premortem? :D

fredrok
December 18th, 2010, 11:09 PM
"Oh ye of little faith"....always been a favorite classic of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4CQfaBGWSo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4CQfaBGWSo

Brody
December 19th, 2010, 05:51 AM
And, of course "S***!" or "Oh, S***!" which have been the only things that got out of my mouth all the times it looked like I was going to check out....

Read a book once a number of years ago about first lander exploration groups on new planets. These were the folks that landed on any new planets to see if it was possible to colonize them. They had a term for the people who died, saying that they "Oh s***ted" as these were the last words that anyone usually heard from them.

Hypoid
December 19th, 2010, 09:10 AM
A couple from the workplace that always set me on edge:

"Here, hold this!"

"It should be OK, but..."