PDA

View Full Version : FR 4x4 Techy Thanks!

Aaron
December 23rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Hey All,

As you all know Pete spends a huge amount of time on the tech sections of the website. And many others of you submit great things for those sections. Well, some of you may have seen a new member (Wrench Hand) yesterday who ended up being from Arkansas which means he fell through the cracks of me making sure that new members are from CO.

Well, after letting him know that we require our members to live in CO when they join and a short conversation, he sent this...

Thanks for the hospitality , you guys produce lots of good and genuine technical information. I have attended countless tech schools and I work on rigs weekly, but I still learn something new when I visit sites like yours.
Thanks again, Wrench hand.

This is from a guy I just kicked off the forum! This is just a validation of all the work that Pete does to organize this section and a validation of all the great people we have here adding information to those section...

Thanks Pete and the rest of the FR4x4 Techies!

Chris
December 23rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
x2! Thanks Pete!

Site stats show how many people visit from afar and mostly for the tech. IIRC a winch thread has particular appeal.

Brody
December 23rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
You are more than welcome!

One of the reasons I want to get the "Newbie" section compiled and up and running is not only for all of the newbies on the forum, but because most sites do not have a dedicated section or thread specifically for people new to wheeling.

Still need a place to put it, Aaron....

Brad
December 23rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
I cannot thank Pete enough! Since I have joined he has been invaluable for info! Thanks Pete!!

Still need a place to put it, Aaron....

Yea Aaron! :whatAreYouThinking: :D

KnuckleHead
December 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Pete, you do an awesome job with the tech section..... I'm always going back to it looking up info...

Rob
December 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
:thumb:

Brody
December 23rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks again! It's nice to know that it gets used a lot by forum members and others. Of course, I would like to eventually get it to where this site is simply a huge mass of tech info (Tech Section, of course) that everyone goes to, but there is a LOT of info out there. I'll simply keep plugging away at it adding stuff as I find it....

Fordguy77
December 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks Pete! I have gotten a bunch of info from the links and articles you post!

ROKTAXI
December 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Well, after letting him know that we require our members to live in CO when they join
Guess the party's over....:frown:

Brad
December 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Your a exception Marty! :D

ROKTAXI
December 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
My wife says the same thing about me ????

Anyway, we DO have the house for sale and (eventually) will be moving to CO.... that is if the housing market ever straightens out.....

RockyMtnHigh
December 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yep, thanks Pete, I have learned a thing or two in there! :thumb:

4finger
December 23rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
myself being a noob ive asked Pete alot of questions, and without a a hesitation he has provided me with a wealth of info. wether it be from a emailed/pm'd link or him just giving me the answer straight up. ive found a little more info on here than i have found on pirate4x4- BUT i have found a much better and nicer community to deal with here. which is why im going to stay with this forum/community as long as youll have me, even with there being a couple of western slope dedicated forums. Oh yeah- and the few mess ups ive had already (sorry Stephanie /Pathrat) . And Pete has been one of the top reasons i enjoy it here.

hes answered enough questions for me that i feel ready to tackle adding an A/C converted OBA system to my truck and not worry too much about blowing up my truck.

so i would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR!!!