PDA

View Full Version : XTREME 4x4

Aaron
January 11th, 2011, 08:48 AM
For those of you folk out there who don't like to pay for your TV, you can watch XTREME 4x4 online for free at....

http://www.powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_show=XT

I really like this show. They can build an entire rig in 3 or four 1/2 hour shows. Thats skills :)

CR
January 11th, 2011, 08:50 AM
The best Sunday morning entertainment out there!

Brad
January 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I watch this all the time. DVR it actually. Love the supercharger for the XJ idea.

Brody
January 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM
The guys at High Country love the superchargers. First time they drove a rig they put one on, they were really surprised when the usually somewhat apathetic 6 banger spun some 35s...Nothing against Jeeps, either as I am now on my 3rd or 4th one, all but one having the apathetic 6 banger

cfr
January 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Still waiting for Part 3 of the Supercharged JK project...

Brody
January 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Heard it was good, but haven't watched TV for almost 30 years. I would rather read....

That's your next major purchase, Charlie. The supercharger for Jeeps is a kick ass unit and everyone I have talked to that has one, loves it. It is like a V8 transplant. The boys at High Country love them, too, and like the fact that you can actually spin a set of 35s with the super charger installed.

Brad
January 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
The axles they put on the XJ are incredible. Cannot wait to see how this one comes out in the end. Rollcage is sweet! Gives me some ideas for a custom one in the Rover. Love the dual zone setup.

cfr
January 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
That's your next major purchase, Charlie. The supercharger for Jeeps is a kick ass unit and everyone I have talked to that has one, loves it. It is like a V8 transplant. The boys at High Country love them, too, and like the fact that you can actually spin a set of 35s with the super charger installed.

In December I was seriously considering a the RIPP supercharger kit. It came down to this... It's $5-6k and my only real complaint with the power of my Jeep is on I-70 from Denver to Vail (and back). When we went to Moab just before Christmas I finally learned how to drive my JK in the mountains... drive it like you stole it.

Given that, and the reality of having to explain these purchases to my wife, I went with the "safety" story and got the winch/bumper. Looking at re-gearing, moving to a D44 front axle assembly, and picking up a used NP241OR 4:1 transfer case as my next round.

tbalcome
January 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Or stroker my 4.6L still strong after 10,000 miles! The stroker won't make your jeep feel like a Corvette but will reduce the "need" to down shift.

Brody
January 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Or stroke it, like Travis just mentioned. Pick up some really nice relatively low buck horse power that way...

Aaron
January 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Or stroke it, like Travis just mentioned. Pick up some really nice relatively low buck horse power that way...

I've heard of doing that on the tried and true straight six but haven't heard of anyone doing that with the JKs little 3.8 V6. I've only heard of Hemi upgrades and superchargers. I'm certain someone has tried it though.

Brody
January 13th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Thought that straight 6 was what Charlie has.....Serves me right for not keeping up with Jeep stuff. Been a few years since I had one and that had the Hi Output 4.0

Haku
January 21st, 2011, 10:08 PM
There is a new episode up on their website with new "Diesel Buggy".....

http://www.powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_show=XT

They are doing some really neat stuff, the roll bending and the mid engine diesel being two neat things. Also, they are doing a very cool "cantelever" style suspension system on it. Haven't seen one on a full on crawler, but I've always been intrigued by it. I'll be interested to see how it works. FYI, this is what a Cantelever suspension looks like....

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/images/D/Ranger-Cantilever-Rear-Suspension-Kit-2-D-400.jpg

It essentially allows you to place a your shock at a different angle from the standard frame to axle way. You can also use the mechanical advantage of the lever to change increase the travel distance, so you can essentially use a smaller shock to do the same travel as a standard setup. Pretty neat if you ask me.

Cr33p3r
January 22nd, 2011, 03:25 AM
The cantilever setups are awesome, they usually use a two to one setup meaning that the distance of axle travel is double that of shock extension, used these a lot on lowered vehicles when building them with air bags suspensions.