PDA

View Full Version : Jackie's Jeep Rock Rails

Brody
January 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Jackie approached Sean awhile ago about doing some sliders for her Jeep, basically extensions to the existing stock rocker rails. When Sean said that he wasn't going to be doing fabrication anymore due to heath issues, she talked to me. This is basically an installation of some 'kickers' to both provide a step and to prevent any damage to the doors panels. Her idea incorporated the use of a flat diamond plate flat step, which I thought was a really good one. She brought the Jeep over and I made some basic measurements and then took the existing rocker rails off.

This works very well as she currently doesn't do really hard trails and the sliders are going to offer enough protection even though they are a bolt on. The stock Jeep rocker rails are plenty stout as they are and are good enough until they start getting really hammered. It would be a simple matter in the future to reinforce these with a back to the frame brace that would stiffen them up to the point where they would be capable of taking serious abuse.

Once again, thanks to Scotty at Addicted for the timely tube bending!

Thanks for the work, Jackie!

Here are the pictures:

The Clam
January 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Nice! I've got some smittybuilt sliders on mine that come out like that, but also 3-4" down, really limiting clearance. I hit them on All the time! But love them for a step (dodo the kids) I was thinking it would be nice to cut off the bottom and essentially make them just like that, but not sure if they would need some re-enforcement for using them as steps or more importantly, a highlift jack point.

These:http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/112141/112141-lg.jpg

Brody I might give you a pm.

Brody
January 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Actually, send me some photos of exactly what you have on yours, especially the underside. The link you posted didn't work for me, but I went to the Smitty Built site and looked at what they had there. Every picture they had was from the top or side, so I am not sure of where they actually attach on your rig.

Whatever you have, it doesn't sound like there will be too much of a problem to adjust or modify them for what you really want. The base framework is there, much as it was on Jackie's Jeep.

Use my regular email address to send some pictures.

peterbrody4@gmail.com.

My phone is :303-507-3066

I am located in Aravda, just north of the Wadsworth/I70 interchange.

Happy to work with you on this, so get in touch.

The Clam
January 17th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks Pete, will do tonight. Tried to put the link on from the phone...I've got the 4dr-big honking ugly ones and have thought of turning them into what you did for Jackie for some time. The frame is there, gust have to cut off the lower part and put a couple supports on the upper part. They mount to the frame where the body mounts are(I think).

Jackie's look great! (and I'm partial to the color)

Roostercruiser
January 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
lookin good pete

Cr33p3r
January 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Looks good Pete, glad you was able to help Jackie out with those.

Pathrat
January 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Again, good work Pete. Her sliders look great!

Andrew
January 18th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Nice.

And my sliders are bolt-on and I've dropped the whole truck on them before and they are just fine. Just gotta use good bolts!