PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Rubi bumper

Brad
January 23rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
This is actually my friends bumper. Anyone who was on the mosquito pass run may remember him. He fabbed this up himself. Thought I would share for him, maybe someday he will join our family.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/flipswitch/8be2ddce.jpg

Mporter
January 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Very utilitarian. I can dig it.

Jackie
January 23rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
I like it!!! Clean lines and simple. Not too "showy". It looks like he did a great job .

I'm still bumper-shopping, but am leaning toward a Schrockworks bumper...we'll see... Pretty similar, actually.

Chris
January 23rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Schrockworks is one of very few that makes bumpers for my 4Runner but I'm not thrilled with the looks. Better to design what you want and have it built locally.

Fatboris
March 13th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I have the ideas for what I want, just need to wait for the scratch so Brody can build it. That's pretty slick in a utility kinda way....exactly what i have in mind.

Brody
March 14th, 2011, 06:45 AM
That's Steve's bumper, the guy who just recently joined the forum. Looks good, too.

I saw his intro, then saw that his name was Steve. Then I saw the "S" on the front and thought that he personalized his rig. Reminded me of a joke about a snail who owned a 280Z:

Mr Snail drives his 280Z into the paint shop to get it painted. When he starts talking about the color scheme he wants on his Z, he mentions that he wants a bright, contrasting, gold "Z" painted on the doors and hood.

"Gonna cost a lot more, Mr. Snail", the owner of the shop states.

"That's OK", says Mr Snail,"I have the money and am paying in cash."

About a week later, Mr. Snail gets a call from the shop telling him that his car is ready to be picked up. He gets down to the shop and is checking out his nice looking Z with the cool paint scheme and the big"S"s on the doors and hood. The owner walks over to him:

"I hope that you like the paint job, Mr. Snail", says the owner,"but me and the boys were very curious as to why you spent so much money on the gold "S"s"

"Well", Mr Snail replies, "When I drive my 280 Z by all of my friends now, I want them to be able to say 'Look at that S car go!'"

Sorry....just had to . First thing I thought of when I saw the S.,..

scout man
March 15th, 2011, 10:21 PM
:shooter::brody:

scout man
March 15th, 2011, 10:22 PM
either that smilie is a really bad shot, or Pete is bullet proof!!

:D

Chris
March 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thick-skinned Brody! :lmao:

Brody
March 17th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Not bullet proof. I have a 22 caliber hole in my left foot to prove it....probably not too thick skinned either as I have way too many dings in my hands at the moment...

I know....read all through that then you get to the end.....Hey, that really was the first thing I thought of when I saw 'Stephen', then the big 'S' on the front of his rig...What can I say?