January 30th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Awesome vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xJWBzSNdOo&feature=related

Fordguy77
January 30th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I wanna go play in the snow fields!

Haku
January 31st, 2011, 02:52 AM
Thats really neat. Despite my tendency towards small trucks and not liking the "big lift" trucks, it seems like that is an ideal setup for that kind of use. Its a "he with the biggest tires and the most axle clearance wins the day". Kinda funny to see the Toyota's struggle up something that he just blew through like it was nothing.

I'm pretty sure that the owner of that truck is a Wedding DJ though, on account of his "interesting" music choices.

Like Chris said, I want some big ole tires to go play in the snow with. Coulda used them on Ironclads the other day.

Josh

Brody
January 31st, 2011, 06:07 AM
I looked at part of it and my very first thought was"Man, I am sure glad we live somewhere with a little variety". Can you imagine how much fun it would be to play on the snow EVERY time you went? Probably only OK if you have alzheimer's...'same new snow field every day'.....

I can imagine the ***** sessions they get into with the tracked rigs, too:

"Man, you like ruined the trail, with the tracks, making it too easy"

"Yeah, well, you wienies with the tires chew it up so much cause you can't stay on top"

I am glad we live where we do...

MelloYello
January 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Nice trucks!
I think I got frostbite just watching this vid. :eek:

Haku
January 31st, 2011, 12:59 PM
I looked at part of it and my very first thought was"Man, I am sure glad we live somewhere with a little variety". Can you imagine how much fun it would be to play on the snow EVERY time you went? Probably only OK if you have alzheimer's...'same new snow field every day'.....

I can imagine the ***** sessions they get into with the tracked rigs, too:

"Man, you like ruined the trail, with the tracks, making it too easy"

"Yeah, well, you wienies with the tires chew it up so much cause you can't stay on top"

I am glad we live where we do...

To their credit, they do this too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvKNcY-Frc

Any video with Murray Walker talking over it is worth watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCmNRqH2JA&hd=1

Brody
January 31st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Forgot about the radical hill climbing and hadn't seen the other stuff.

Still glad we have the variety we do. Beats living in Pittsburg...

Rob
January 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
To their credit, they do this too...

About four days out of the year? :rolleyes:

Haku
January 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
More like 4-5 months of the year....

http://formulaoffroad.net/calendar.htm

From what I have heard, never having been to Iceland, it really should switch names with Greenland. You definitely can't get off saying that Iceland isn't cold, but for a country that far north its quite warm due to the Gulf Stream. It rarely gets above 75 in the summer, but the average temperature in January and February is in the mid 30's. I think a lot of mountain towns in Colorado see similar averages to Iceland.

I think you might be surprised about the place. Extreme kayakers love the place since it has a ton of very accesible waterfalls and rivers. I imagine there is plenty to do hiking and climbing wise there too. When there isn't snow, I bet there is a decent amount other kind of trail riding and such.

Rob
January 31st, 2011, 08:20 PM
More like 4-5 months of the year....

I know. Just funnin' around. I remember how short a summer Vail has. It was bad for my golf game.

Rusty
January 31st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Josh, those videos were awesome!

southpaws3
February 1st, 2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks josh for the videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a few of yrs ago i had bought tickets to go to ICELAND but i had to give them away due to going to iraq

Brody
February 1st, 2011, 06:18 AM
i had bought tickets to go to ICELAND but i had to give them away due to going to iraq

Well, given the choice of Iraq or Iceland.......

Roostercruiser
February 1st, 2011, 08:38 AM
that was frickin awesome.

Cr33p3r
February 1st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Gotta love the rigs those guys build over there, wish I could go there and wheel with them once even though I hate snow.

Funrover
February 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM
I want to go out on one of those trips at least once, but I would take the landcruiser in that group!

southpaws3
February 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Brody
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact Send Email

Super Mod
Total Posts: 10,080
94 Yota Pick up
Brody's Albums
Thanks Given :1
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts i had bought tickets to go to ICELAND but i had to give them away due to going to iraq

Well, given the choice of Iraq or Iceland.......
A nation of sheep will always end up being governed by swine...

Stock 1994 Toyota Photochopped to look cool....
Reply Quote Selected M-Quote Top Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust me I WANTED ICELAND