PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Anniversary Run Food Organization Thread!

scout man
February 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Here is the official food thread for the 2011 anniversary run. Anything referencing food on any other thread is not valid, and will not be transfered to this list.

We are going to go through this in an orderly fashion! PLEASE PLAY BY THE RULES!!!

I will ask "who would like to bring ~~~" If you would like to bring this item, please tell me that you will bring it, and how many you will bring. Please do not offer up things that are not currently being discussed! There will be a time for everything, I promise.

Unfortunately offering "i can help with whatever" doesnt really help me a lot. What I would prefer is "I am bringing ~~~, and ~~~~ many of them" That is a huge help for me.

I will keep this first post updated with a current list of who is bringing what. Please understand that I am fairly busy, and this list may be a few days behind. I WILL update it within a few days. However, if you feel I have overlooked you, please let me know, I definitely would not do this on purpose.

Also, if you commit to bringing something, then later discover you can not attend the run. It would be prefered if you could find someone else that would be willing to cover your commitment, or send the items up with someone else. If you are having trouble finding someone, then please let me know and I will help setup someone else to do it. This would save me a lot of work though. (But I promise I wont yell at you if you need my help figuring it out).

Thanks in advance to everyone for helping with this fun event, and for keep this thread as clean as possible! :thumb:

Grills:
Ed (southpaw)
Reese (Roo) (with grill utensils)
Greg (rockgrinder) (patrolmans grill)

Meat:
All Hotdogs - Brad (foxtrot)
Burgers - Brad (ColoDisco) (and grill utensils)

Non-Meat Main Course:
veggy chilli - Mitch (Speedwagon)

Buns:
All hot dog buns - Stephanie (Pathrat)
All hamburger buns - Brad (ColoDisco)

Condiments:
ALL - Brad (Dirt Claude)

Sides:
Chips - Reese (Roo)
Potato salad - Gatemonkey and Andrew (Andrew)
( ~~~~~~ ) - Jim (Dr350jja)
"something side dishy" - Aaron (Aaron)
Slaw - Rob (DrOldUnit)
Salsa & tortilla chips - Shayne (accordranger) and Robbie (ColoRaider)
side dish - Happy (85sfbronco)

Deserts:
Chocolate Chip cookies - Old Rob (DrOldUnit)
Cookies - Jackie (Jackie)
Cookies - Shayne (accordranger)

Disposables:
Trash bags - Greg (Rockgrinder)
Plates and Napkins - CR (CR...)
Utensils - Jackie (Jackie)

scout man
February 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM
and this first topic is..... Grills!!

I recall having 3 last year. I think a fair goal would be 4 grills for this year, although more will be accepted.

Who would like to bring a grill??

Patrolman
February 6th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I can't make the run due to the new baby, but I do have a portable propane grill. Happy to lend it out. Super handy as no hot coals to deal with. Even have the propane. Approx 2 feet long by 1 foot wide.

scout man
February 6th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks Jeff. If anyone that does not have a grill to bring would like to bring one, Let Jeff and I know!!

Fordguy77
February 6th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I could bring a Bring a grill, maybe 2. I have offered up my large sheep herders tent to house some of the food and such indoors so its not exposed to the elements but have yet to get a response from anyone on that suggestion. Its similar to this
http://www.deluxewalltents.com/DEluxe-Wall-Tent-D-s.jpg

scout man
February 6th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Chris. I will put you down for one grill, let me know if I should up that to 2 grills.

As far as the tent goes, I am not sure I am the right one to answer that, But I say if you would like to, then go for it! Last year Ed had a shelter-tent up there, but I dont think we actually used it, as it was a nice day and the food and cooking all happened outside. However, if it happened to be a snowy day that might be a different story. I say its totally your call. No one will argue with you bringing it, and it may get used, but is probably not 100% necessary.

Aaron
February 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Hey Steve, do you only need grills or is there need for a stove as well? I have a large dual burner camp stove if necessary.

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
hmm, thats a good question Aaron! It probably wouldnt be a bad idea. I guess it will be easier to decide later when we know what sides and everything are coming.

Aaron
February 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
hmm, thats a good question Aaron! It probably wouldnt be a bad idea. I guess it will be easier to decide later when we know what sides and everything are coming.

Ok. Just let me know if you want me to bring it when the time comes.

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
will do.

Any other grills out there? right now we are going to be really short on them.

I will leave the grill question open and also move on to meat!! Who would like to bring meat? Burgers, brats, hot dogs (steaks?), chicken, whatever you would like!!

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
will do!

Any more grills out there? Right now we are going to be pretty short!

I will leave the grill question open, and also open up a discussion on meat!! Who wants to bring meat, and what kind of meat are you bringing? burgers, brats, chicken, hotdogs, fish, steaks, filet, ribs, what do you have??

foxtrot
February 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I can bring hotdogs. just let me know how many we need :)

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
how many are you willing to bring? Since we do not have a final number, and I do not know what your budget is like, its easiest for you to offer a certain amount. If we have enough meats brought, then we dont even necessarily need enough for everyone to have the same thing, since some may want a hot dog and some may want burgers, etc.

counting the yes's and maybe's, we have 38 people listed right now. I would guess that we will have at least that many people, but probably a lot more, since most people will have others in their rig with them, etc.

Robert B
February 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
hey mr steve if needed i could prob find a way to strap the grill at my house down in my truck and could also bring a camp stove.... on the meat subject i was thinking i mighthave money to bring kebabs :) might have to downgrade from the top of the line meat i usually buy to make more but it will still be steak marianted and veggies ...ill have to go price some things at the store and see if i can find a sale :)

Brad
February 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Burgers! I will bring burgers! Probably frozen kind but sirloin. The ones at Costco. They are tasty and cook up really easy on a grill. :thumb:

Don't have a good grill to bring. I usually cook over a campfire or on a hibachi.

foxtrot
February 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I'll bring as many as needed. I have a Costco membership, so consider hotdogs done lol. once we get closer to the date, we can get a better idea of how many, but I don't care how many I need to buy :)

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
hey mr steve if needed i could prob find a way to strap the grill at my house down in my truck and could also bring a camp stove.... on the meat subject i was thinking i mighthave money to bring kebabs :) might have to downgrade from the top of the line meat i usually buy to make more but it will still be steak marianted and veggies ...ill have to go price some things at the store and see if i can find a sale :)

Ok, I will put you down for one grill. When you decide for sure on the kebobs, please post up here, and let us know how many you are bringing.

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks Brads. I will consider the hotdogs done!! Frozen burgers are great. Are you planning enough for all of us, or half of us, or how many?

Pathrat
February 7th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Foxtrot...that is what we have done the last couple of years, lots of Hebrew National dogs from costco. They are good and fill up the bun.

I will bring hot dog buns so Brad and I will match totals as the run gets closer.

southpaws3
February 7th, 2011, 08:45 PM
hey scout are you going up early ??? i plan on going up on friday and will bring up an extra grill plus i have to get the rest of the new sponors gifts around i'm still in plus will bring a couple of tables ....i,m bring up my trailer so i might have some rm call me so we can plan if needed

scout man
February 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
THanks guys! I have stephanie with all the hot dog buns, and one grill for Ed!

southpaws3
February 8th, 2011, 05:52 AM
HEY FORDBOY BRING THE TENT !!! Never know !!! remmber the little snow we got the night befor (scoutman and the blizzard convoy)

Roo
February 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I have one of those little mini weber charcoal grills(smokey joe) if it's needed.

scout man
February 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks Reese, Ill add it to the list.

scout man
February 8th, 2011, 09:53 AM
We still need a lot more meat, anyone want to bring meat?

Brad
February 8th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I am planning on bringing enough for everyone to have a burger. If there is leftover I will take it home. If not that is fine too!
I will get the buns as well. The Costco burger bun combo works very well together, plus they are not that expensive. :thumb:

Dirt Claude
February 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
While we're on the topic of grills, burgers, and dogs....I will bring enough condiments for everyone. I'll plan on ketchup, mustard, relish, mayo, and some pickles.

scout man
February 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
thanks guys. Ive been working around the clock the last 3 days and just now seeing this. I will update the llist.

I will also open the topic of side dishes, and paperplates, napkins, and utensils.

scout man
February 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Just wanted to note that the Brad's of this forum are representing very well right now and showing the rest of you up! We have 3 brads bringing stuff already!!

Aaron
February 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Put me down for Plates and Utensils Steve. I gotta get the Aaron's in the running...

Aaron
February 11th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Just to be clear. I'll take care of eating plates and utensils for everyone. I assume the grill donors an food bringers are bringing serving and cooking utensils?

Aaron
February 11th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I could bring a Bring a grill, maybe 2. I have offered up my large sheep herders tent to house some of the food and such indoors so its not exposed to the elements but have yet to get a response from anyone on that suggestion. Its similar to this
http://www.deluxewalltents.com/DEluxe-Wall-Tent-D-s.jpg

I love that tent...

Brad
February 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I assume the grill donors an food bringers are bringing serving and cooking utensils?

I will bring my 2 grill spatulas and a pair of grill tongs for the dogs. :thumb:

Roo
February 11th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I assume the grill donors an food bringers are bringing serving and cooking utensils?
Yep, I will bring some tongs and a spatula too and charcoal of course.

Also put me down for bringing chips as a side. I will pick up a couple of Costco assorted chips boxes. They have boxes of 30- 1.5-2oz bags pretty cheap and it would be easier for people to eat out of their own bags. I believe there is plain, bbq, fritos, cheetos, and doritos in the assortment.

If any one is against this idea let me know and we can go another route.

scout man
February 11th, 2011, 10:06 AM
cool, thanks guys, I will add Aaron to the list, and add chips to Reese.

scout man
February 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM
alright, since people seem to be slower at volunteering this year than other years, I will open the discussion to anything you would like to bring. I appreciate everyone following the rules so far.

Topics still to be discussed ( i am sure there are others too)...
Side dishes (chips are covered)
Drinks
Deserts
More meat
Non-meat main courses (especially if we have any vegetarians, if one of you would like to bring the vegetarian stuff for you and others that would be great)
other things I am not thinking of, but you might!!

We will also need people to cook. This can be the people bringing grills, but doesnt have to be. How about if you are bringing a grill and DONT want to be the one cooking, you let us know and someone else can volunteer to cook for you.

Rob
February 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'll bring chocolate chip cookies again.

scout man
February 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
sound great Rob. I will look forward to those!!

Jackie
February 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I'll bring what-ever we fall short on. Right now my little one wants me to buy brownies for her to "sell" with the proceeds going to a charity. I'll volunteer to help at the kids' "bake sale table" and also bring whatever we seem to be short on at the end of this thread. I will admit that I might be only a "maybe" at this time since family circumstances have us planning a possible trip to MPLS. (not good), that could put me out. If that happens, I'll try to hook up with someone close to me in Westminster that can deliver what I can't deliver myself.

scout man
February 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
ah, i forgot about the whole bake sale thing. Should we eliminate having people bring dessert in leu of the bake sale, or how should this happen? As a former, and arguable current, fat kid - I want to make sure there is enough dessert!!! :D

Speedwagon
February 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
alright, since people seem to be slower at volunteering this year than other years, I will open the discussion to anything you would like to bring. I appreciate everyone following the rules so far.

Topics still to be discussed ( i am sure there are others too)...
Side dishes (chips are covered)
Drinks
Deserts
More meat
Non-meat main courses (especially if we have any vegetarians, if one of you would like to bring the vegetarian stuff for you and others that would be great)
other things I am not thinking of, but you might!!

We will also need people to cook. This can be the people bringing grills, but doesnt have to be. How about if you are bringing a grill and DONT want to be the one cooking, you let us know and someone else can volunteer to cook for you.

I'll bring a non-meat main course.

scout man
February 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
thanks mitch. I'll put you down for that. Let us know what you decideto go with when you decide so no one duplicates it!

Robert B
February 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
hey steve i dont think i will bring any meat but i am still in for the grill and cokking food :) plus i might have cookies made by my mom to bring for the kids sale thingy :)

Southparkjk
February 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry guys I have to back out of going on the run, My boss told me today that I have to go to Houston for a 2 week leader ship class I told him I had plans but he told me I will go our I can look for a new job so guess I'll be going to Houston. Going to make for a long time away from home this time 5 weeks at work home for a week then back to work for my 3 weeks....

RockGrinder
February 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I will be sure to bring plenty of garbage bags for the run!!!:D:thumb::p

scout man
February 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
bump.

One month away!!

Robert B
February 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
so close and yet SO BLOODY FAR AWAY!!! :)

scout man
March 2nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
bump

Pathrat
March 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
What is still needed?

scout man
March 3rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
well, we could definitely use more main courses, desserts, and side dishes. The current list of what we have is on post #1 of this thread, if anyone would like to check it out to see where they can fill in the blanks.

Robert B
March 3rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
so i might have just missed this but plates/glasses/plastic silverware?????

scout man
March 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
yup, we need all of that! good call! Would you like to bring them? or some of them?

Robert B
March 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
i will look but i think there are some old plastic utensils around here that we never use so ill know tomorrow.......just thinking ..someone brings potatoe salad or a fruit something and no plates or forks so it becomes like a bowl of chips just grab some and hold it in ur hands to eat it ........som might not have fun with that :)

Pathrat
March 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
so, specifically we need:

utensils/plates/napkins

sides, like macaroni salad, cole slaw, tater salad, the usual picnic fare

more chips?

maybe even fruit salad?

If these basics above are not met, we will be eating burgers and dogs on Burger King napkins salvaged from under our truck seats.

Robert B
March 3rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
If these basics above are not met, we will be eating burgers and dogs on Burger King napkins salvaged from under our truck seats
hhhhmmmm well im a 20 yr old dude so thats good with me :) but no napkins...thats what buns are for

CR
March 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'll drop off some plates and napkins with Rob to take since I can't make it.

Chris
March 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
hhhhmmmm well im a 20 yr old dude so thats good with me :) but no napkins...thats what sleeves are for

Fixed it for you Robert, as you mature you'll discover shirt sleeves make better napkins...

Chris
March 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Is there are forecast of how many mouths will be fed? I'll step up for something before the run.

scout man
March 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks CR, I have you down for plates and napkins.

scout man
March 4th, 2011, 05:15 PM
At this point I am going to guess at least 70 people...

Fordguy77
March 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Fixed it for you Robert, as you mature you'll discover shirt sleeves make better napkins...

Yup i think it hits right at 21! Cause i have finally figured that out.

Im still good for 2 grills and a Tent at the moment.

scout man
March 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Any takers on Side dishes? As stephanie said, potato salad, regular salad, beans, casseroles, etc? Everyone has that favorite recipe, time to show it off!!!

Rob
March 4th, 2011, 09:44 PM
but no napkins...thats what buns are for

What are you, a contortionist?!? :lmao:

scout man
March 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM
What are you, a contortionist?!? :lmao:

nice

Speedwagon
March 4th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks CR, I have you down for plates and napkins.

We should add some bowls, because I plan to bring some meat-free chili as the vegetarian main course, which can also be used as a side dish. It works great as either, and I'm quite fond of it(it's pretty darn cheap to make!).

Robert B
March 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM
What are you, a contortionist?!?
no one said i was using my buns :erm:

scout man
March 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
We should add some bowls, because I plan to bring some meat-free chili as the vegetarian main course, which can also be used as a side dish. It works great as either, and I'm quite fond of it(it's pretty darn cheap to make!).

ok, Ill put you down for some chilli. Anyone want to bring the bowls?

Please let us know if you intend to bring things so we know what to expect!!!!

Jackie
March 5th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I think since there hasn't been much interest shown in the kids' "bake sale" idea, I would like to pass on that if you all agree... But I intend to bring lots of cookies, rice krispie treats etc. that will be good grab-and-go-snacks. I may not have time to bake - so plan on things like Oreos, Chips A'Hoy etc. from me! I'll probably bring other stuff as well. Will watch the thread for what is needed as we get closer.

Pathrat
March 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'll probably bring other stuff as well. Will watch the thread for what is needed as we get closer.

Thanks Jackie, but I for one really hope you don't have to do that. Last time I looked, We have 30 RSVPs. Everyone should be able to bring something, unless money is an issue. We can all be sensitive to that. Who all has a box of plastic forks tucked away in the pantry? Who has cans of beans in the cupboard? Cans of chili to top the hot dogs?

I occasionally find it necessary to get my husband to log in and do things on the forum instead of me being his virtual world interpreter. He gets a pass this time though...Gatemonkey will be bringing potato or pasta salad. Just make sure I get my serving spoon back, K?

scout man
March 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
added deserts for Jackie. Ill list it as cookies.

Thanks Gatemonkey! (Stephanie) potato or pasta salad listed. Can we specify which when you know? Thanks.

Pathrat
March 6th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Red potato says Gatemonkey.

scout man
March 6th, 2011, 10:51 PM
:thumb:

Rmart74
March 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Is there anything else needed! I have pulled of a "Permission Slip" from the wife and will be joining you all! :D

Rmart74
March 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
is there anything I can help out with? I got a "permission slip" to go from my wife, so it looks like I will be joining you all! :D

scout man
March 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
How about a side dish? or plastic utensils? or dessert?

Jackie
March 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I have a big box of plastic spoons and forks I found hiding in the back of the pantry. About 80 - 100 spoons and 120 forks (but no knives). I'll bring it.

Speedwagon
March 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM
How many non-meat eating people will there be? Anyone have an idea? I'd hate to make something, and find out half the crew is not eating meat that day!

scout man
March 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I have a big box of plastic spoons and forks I found hiding in the back of the pantry. About 80 - 100 spoons and 120 forks (but no knives). I'll bring it.
Thanks Jackie!!

How many non-meat eating people will there be? Anyone have an idea? I'd hate to make something, and find out half the crew is not eating meat that day!
Not sure. I would assume there will just be a couple.

If you are going on this run, and do NOT eat meat, then please let us know now, or we can not cater to your needs!!!!!

dr350jja
March 9th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Steve, I will be able to make it to this run. What can I bring for the lunch? sides? dessert?

RockGrinder
March 10th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I will bring some store bought angel fruit salad ( 2 or 3) along with patrolman's grill (which I will pick up from him as we get closer to the run if he is still willing) and some extra money for the last minute things.

Mporter
March 10th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Looks like something came up....i'll see you guys on the trail in the summer.

Aaron
March 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Steve, Can I assume that since you have CR bringing utensils, that I shouldn't be bringing utensils?

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Steve, I will be able to make it to this run. What can I bring for the lunch? sides? dessert?

SIde dishes would be great! I think we are a bit short on those right now. Thanks!

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Steve, Can I assume that since you have CR bringing utensils, that I shouldn't be bringing utensils?

Aaron - looks like CR is bringing plates and napkins. However, when reviewing the thread I forgot to add to the list that Jackie already has utensils, so I think we are probably covered on those. Sorry, there is my organization skills for you... :erm:

Aaron
March 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I'll bring something side dishy. Don't know what yet...

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks Aaron!!

Note - (because I think there was confusion on this) - The kids bake sale has been scrapped, so we will need desserts too if people want to pack in some calories!! Remember, calories dont count on the anniversary run, so eat up!!

Aaron
March 10th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Remember, calories dont count on the anniversary run, so eat up!!

:workingOut:

Fordguy77
March 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry guys, i have just received a work offer i can not refuse and will be unable to attend the anniversary run. I might be able to set up a way to loan out a grill, but i am not sure at this time.

Jackie
March 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
The kids bake sale has been scrapped, so we will need desserts too
Only the "selling" part was scrapped - I'm still bringing assorted cookies and other goodies. Nothing fancy, but I'll bring a lot!

dr350jja
March 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
SIde dishes would be great! I think we are a bit short on those right now.

OK, I'll bring some side dishes.

Rob
March 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Want me to bring some slaw?

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Want me to bring some slaw?

personally, no... but I am sure others would like you too :D Ill put you down for it.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Chris. Anyone want to haul his grill up, or bring their own?

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I noticed that Mitch (speedwagon) mentioned in another post that he picked up a free grill for someone to have. This would be great if you dont want to bring your nice grill up to the mountains!!

Robert B
March 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
hey im going to try to get my mom to make some of her 12billion calorie home made cookies for this !!!!

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
cool, let us know for sure!

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
also,BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS!!!!!! There will not be any drinks provided!!

Pathrat
March 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
TO EVERYONE CONTRIBUTING TO THE FOOD FOR THIS RUN:

ARE YOU ALL PREPARED TO BRING ENOUGH FOR 50?

That is our count so far, not including maybes. COraider, I only counted you although your thread RSVP says "we will all be there". How many is we? Will someone with math skills recount and how likely are the maybes?

Yes, I know, not everyone will eat both a hot dog and hamburger. Specifically, please post up: how many hot dogs and how many hamburgers will be brought? (and I would like to know how many buns to bring to match the dogs).

Jackie, will you have a lot of cookies and such?

AccordRanger
March 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I'll bring Some cookies too! I will also try to whip up some salsa.

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Very good point Stephanie, thank you!!

However, I would estimate that the numbers will be significantly higher than 50! I bet we will average 1.25+ people per rig. might even be higher.

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I'll bring Some cookies too! I will also try to whip up some salsa.

Great. I will put you down for cookies and salsa.

If we have salsa, we need tortilla chips. Who wants to bring those? Currently we have the mixed-snack sized bags of chips right now (i beleive), and that doesnt work well with salsa.

AccordRanger
March 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I can bring tortilla chips as well.

scout man
March 10th, 2011, 10:14 PM
great!

Rob
March 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM
COraider, I only counted you although your thread RSVP says "we will all be there".

He probably means three. :)

Pathrat
March 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I have not had a fix, correction or even just an assist from you in so long DrOldUnit. I was starting to think you didn't love me no more. :frown:

;)

Robert B
March 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I bet we will average 1.25+ people per rig.
okie steve when we cut up _________ do you want to take the legs, pelvis, chest, or head in ur truck ?? :)

Rob
March 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I have not had a fix, correction or even just an assist from you in so long DrOldUnit. I was starting to think you didn't love me no more. :frown:

;)

Perish the thought!

That wasn't a fix or correction. I just know he has a wife and daughter. We'll call it an assist. :thunb:

scout man
March 11th, 2011, 12:14 AM
okie steve when we cut up _________ do you want to take the legs, pelvis, chest, or head in ur truck ?? :)
depends who _________ is....

I was waiting for the smart ass comment about that one. I knew you guys wouldnt let me down!! :rolleyes:

KnuckleHead
March 11th, 2011, 12:34 AM
You can put me down to bring a side dish

Chris
March 11th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Last year we averaged 3 people per truck or close to it.

ColoRaider
March 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I will have 3 coming with, what do we need as far as food? I can whip something up, we can handle chips and salsa as well,.
The wife works at On The Border, and we can get chips and salsa for the event. Might even be able to talk them into donating some prizes for a raffle, let me check.

scout man
March 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I will have 3 coming with, what do we need as far as food? I can whip something up, we can handle chips and salsa as well,.
The wife works at On The Border, and we can get chips and salsa for the event. Might even be able to talk them into donating some prizes for a raffle, let me check.

more chips and salsa would be great, as I am sure accordranger would prefer not to make enough for 100+ people. It would be great if you guys coordinated this so you werent both bringing too much/too little, etc.

scout man
March 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
what do we need as far as food?

and if you wanted to bring something else, it would probably be nice to have a dessert that is not cookies

Jackie
March 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I did some shopping yesterday. Safeway had some fairly good prices on crap, so in addition to the spoons and forks I promised I will be bringing: (notice I haven't fixed my vandalized "pUBICON sticker yet)! :redface:

Rob
March 11th, 2011, 10:06 PM
notice I haven't fixed my vandalized "pUBICON sticker yet)

Leave it alone. It looks like a lowercase "r" now. :thumb:

Roo
March 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I was going to bring 2-30 bag boxes of chips. Actually Costco has 50 bag boxes too but there is less chips per bag maybe I should get 2-50's so at least there is a bag for everyone. Thoughts?

Pathrat
March 11th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I would suggest the 2 30 bag since probably not everyone will have one.

There has been much talk about dessert...will Rob and Shayne's cookies and Jackies Box o' Sugar Bits be enough? I would think so, unless someone volunteers to bring insulin.

(RobertB for the win on how to divvy the goods. I can make the cuts go farther though, no need for waste, there will be enough for everyone. ...hahaha.

Thanks DrOldUnit...I am all better now. :))

foxtrot
March 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I counted 58 yesses so far. this is also me estimating the ones that say "we will be there" or "will bring the kids also". if everyone can put "RSVP #" at the end of their rsvp for the trail run, witch the number will include you and any people you will be bringing. thanks!

Andrew
March 14th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Okay, I can come. Do you need anything specific? Let me know so I can bring it!

scout man
March 14th, 2011, 09:23 PM
It probably wouldnt hurt to do more sides. SInce we are expecting a lot of people, I think doubling up on some of the sides might be a good idea, since I dont one thing of potatoe salad, or caserole or something will feed everybody.

scout man
March 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
If everyone could please look at the list on post #1, and make sure I have you bringing what you think you are bringing. Also, make sure you are in fact still able to bring what you are listed under! This is less than a week away, so it is very important we make sure everything is finallized. If you need to bail, please let us know!

Also, if you are bringing a grill, please make sure you bring propane/charcoal for it as well, and grilling utensils

If you are bringing a side, please bring a serving utensil for it as well. We will have plastic utensils there, so if a basic plastic spoon will work for your side, then that is fine, but if it needs something special or bigger, please bring it!

Thanks everyone. Anybody see anything that is missing from the list?

Jackie
March 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM
To clarify the untinsels I'm signed up to bring... I have plenty of plastic spoons and forks, but no knives and nothing that would be helpful in grilling. I'm also hoping to get out and pick up some baby wipes and hand sanitizerer so we can wash up a bit before eating/serving food!

scout man
March 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I'm also hoping to get out and pick up some baby wipes and hand sanitizerer so we can wash up a bit before eating/serving food!

Thanks Jackie for thinking of this! as the guy I am, this did not even cross my mind!

As far as knives go, I have a box that has some plastic knives in it that I will bring. I dont suspect most people will need a knife, so just having a few around should be fine.

Thanks!

Andrew
March 15th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Okay I could bring a big tub of potato salad, that work?

scout man
March 15th, 2011, 08:55 AM
sounds good andrew, thank you.

Jackie
March 15th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Digging further through my very scary pantry, I found an abundance of unopened zip-lock sandwich bags and some really crappy brand of cling wrap that I could bring as well if needed.

scout man
March 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Digging further through my very scary pantry, I found an abundance of unopened zip-lock sandwich bags and some really crappy brand of cling wrap that I could bring as well if needed.

It probably wouldnt hurt since you already have it. Not sure that we will have a ton of use for it, but I am sure we will find a reason

Rob
March 15th, 2011, 07:53 PM
By the way, the slaw I'm bringing is my wife's homemade stuff, not the overly sweet stuff you get at the store. Got a little bite to it.

Roo
March 18th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I was just reviewing this for tomorrow. What is the real grill count? Is the Patrolman grill still tentative? Is Fordboy loaning someone his grill? Mine is just a tiny smokey joe grill it will take all day to cook enough burgers for everyone on it. I just remembered I don't have any charcoal either so I guess I will run into the safeway in conifer in the morning to get some unless someone has extra.

scout man
March 18th, 2011, 10:38 PM
To the best of my knowledge the grill count is accurate. I removed the tentative from patrolmans grill, because from what I know it is coming. I think we should have enough, since chris is also bringing 2 grills.

scout man
March 18th, 2011, 10:42 PM
We forgot cheese! Ill grab some at the safeway in the morning. Anything else I forgot? Please remember utensils for grilling also!

Roo
March 18th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I don't think Chris is even coming according to his post of having work to do.

Jackie
March 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I found a half-bag (about 6 lb) of charcoal in the garage - I tossed it in the back of my jeep in case it's needed.

scout man
March 18th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Dangit, I missed that, we are short on grills! Anyone that's still up have anything to bring? I would bring mine but I have absolutely no room for it in my scout...

Brad
March 18th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I have cheese Steve!!! No grill but I do have charcoal.

scout man
March 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM
cool, thanks Brad! I wont get cheese in the morning, at that also covers the charcoal. I sent a PM to ed and rockgrinder to make sure they are still bringing grills... not sure if I will get an answer though. I will throw in some hotdog forks, worst case we can just do those over the fire. I have a little camping stove, but the best I will get out of it is like 2 burgers in a frying pan, so thats no good. If anyone checks in on this thread before leaving that has a grill, please bring it! I am confident Ed will have a grill, as he is pretty dependable and I am fairly certain he will be there. I havnt heard anything more about the partolman-rockgrinder grill, so hopefully that got worked out!

Jackie
March 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Worst case scenereo, I could throw my two-burner propane stove in the back and we can boil the dogs to leave room for the burgers. Just let me know. I'll check the forum before I head out in the morning. We can make it happen!

AccordRanger
March 18th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I will bring our homemade campfire grill.

Brad
March 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Only grill I have is way too small. My stainless propane grill is waaay too heavy to transport. I will bring charcoal anyway.

RockyMtnHigh
March 19th, 2011, 12:11 AM
A little late for this, but maybe something to consider for next year. Someone could have had Pete weld up a large grill on a short stand and placed it over a large(ish) campfire and cooked everything at once.