PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts / Prayers for my friend

Funrover
February 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Got a call this morning, a good friend of mine had bad news. His mother died. This had be coming for a long time but it's never easy.

Aaron
February 7th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Got a call this morning, a good friend of mine had bad news. His mother died. This had be coming for a long time but it's never easy.

Prayers sent.

Cr33p3r
February 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear this Aaron will keep them in our prayers.

Pathrat
February 7th, 2011, 08:40 PM
count us in too.

Brody
February 8th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Sorry to hear that. Having lost both my folks a while ago, not too much you can do except deal with the loss and move on.

Dirt Claude
February 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear Aaron, that's a tough one.

RockGrinder
February 10th, 2011, 12:02 AM
my prayers are with your friend as well aaron, as I just found out two days ago that my own grandmother passed away on Jan. 29th.

Funrover
February 10th, 2011, 12:23 AM
my prayers are with your friend as well aaron, as I just found out two days ago that my own grandmother passed away on Jan. 29th.

Sorry to hear. Hope all is well your way.

Brody
February 10th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Bad month with people we all know, it seems.

Sorry to hear about your loss too, Greg.

Jackie
February 10th, 2011, 05:59 PM
So sorry to hear of your losses. Believe me... I know the pain. There really are no words... but I'll pray for compassion for all those mentioned above.

I lost both of my parents by the time I was 23. And I've lost a sister and a brother since then (not to mention countless uncles, aunts and in-laws). As an old landlord told me after my mother died, "you never get over it - you get used to it". Hard to swallow, but ...somewhat accurate.

Roostercruiser
February 15th, 2011, 06:24 AM
prayers sent

SCRubicon
February 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Prayers sent. Echoing what Pete said, the best thing to do is to pick up and move on. I recently lost my father to cancer and my best friend of 32 years by his own hand. (within about 3 weeks of each other - that's why I've been out of town) I know it is tough. You can sit around and feel sorry for yourself, but it won’t get you anywhere. You can drink yourself stupid, but there’s no amount of alcohol that will ever bring them back. There wasn’t for me. In the end all I did was ruin a lot of hard work at the gym. I hope your friend is ok.

Brody
February 15th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I recently lost my father to cancer and my best friend of 32 years by his own hand.

Yeah, my dad went because of cancer, too. Really sorry to hear that, Steve.

I have had quite a few friends commit suicide for one reason or another, so I can relate to that, too. A little hard to take, but the flip side is that if they were that unhappy and that determined to do it, there probably wasn't much you could have done to help. Most 'failed' suicides are cries for help from people who are unhappy and don't know what else to do, but want help. The successful ones are not, as these people simply do not want to be around any more.

Like I said before, this seems to be a really bad month for this stuff...or bad 30-45 day period, at any rate.