PDA

View Full Version : Funny news story

Rob
February 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BScrP-lW60E

Chris
February 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
:lmao: I've read about that, much funnier to listen to.

RockyMtnHigh
February 23rd, 2011, 04:58 AM
much funnier to listen to.

Every time I heard it I laughed!

Harry Baals Government Center! :lmao:

Brody
February 23rd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Funny, yeah, but Rob, I have to ask: What in the world were you looking for when you Googled 'Harry Baals'? No...I take that back. I really don't want to know....

RockyMtnHigh
February 23rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
What in the world were you looking for when you Googled 'Harry Baals'?

:lmao:

Brad
February 23rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
:lmao::thumb:

Rob
February 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
What in the world were you looking for when you Googled 'Harry Baals'?

:lmao: I've googled a lot of strange things (mostly at work for work-related things), but I didn't google that particular phrase out of the blue. It came to my attention from a press release someone sent me. Then I googled it.

Chris
February 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I think the reporter did a great job keeping a straight face! Barb & I sure couldn't watching it!

RockyMtnHigh
February 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
(mostly at work for work-related things)

So if anyone is watching your web activity at work, they're probably wondering why in the heck you're Googling Harry Baals too!

Jackie
February 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
That is just too funny! I feel for the gramma who decided it might be a good idea to change the pronunciation of their last name!!! OR they could change Harry's first name to Howard... just a thought).:lmao::lmao:

Brody
February 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Well, more power to the guy for sticking it out. For other unrelated reasons, I changed my last name years ago. If I had this guy's last name, I would have done it as soon as I was of legal age to do so and "Sorry, mom and dad, but I don't know what you were thinking, this isn't funny anymore..."

Chris
February 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Damn right Pete! When my son was 8 I picked him up from his friends house where he met another kid. He said "why would parents do that?" I asked what he was talking about and he told me the kid me met was named Harry Dick. If an 8 year old sees the cruelty in that you'd think the parents would.

Jackie
February 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
My maiden last name was "Holme". Nothing wrong with that... but I heard rumor that it was not the original family name. I think it might have been "Larsen" or some other Norwedgian/Scandinavian name. I'm not sure if that's true. There are lots of rumors about my grandparents (who were all dead before I was born) that I can't comment on. One of my grandfathers, who was said to be an expert swimmer, was found drowned, on pay-day, with an empty wallet on the bank of the lake. Some say suicide, some say murder, others say accident. I'll never know the truth.

But that's changing the subject a bit - sorry! :erm:

upnover
February 23rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yes Sir, he has my vote!

Rob
February 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Well, more power to the guy for sticking it out.

:lmao: Sorry, my dirty mind got the better of me.

he told me the kid me met was named Harry Dick.

Reminds me of a couple of other guys I've met with unfortunate names: Harold Beaver, who went by "Harry" (I think I still have his business card) and the former town manager whose last name was Dangler. First name Richard, went by "Dick."

Not as unfortunate but still along the lines of "what were their parents thinking?": Many years ago I worked in a restaurant outside D.C. We had a waiter named Justin Thyme and a maitre d' named Denis Ure Devine (middle name pronounced "your," of course).

Pathrat
February 23rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
I think the comments on here are funnier than the precipitating story Great one Brody, way to get the ball rolling! :lmao:

Working where I work, I see many examples of interesting names and have on a number of occasion wondered what the parents were thinking. The word "Delight" should never be a used as a name. Ever. Butter is not a name, it is a dairy product. Did you all know that? Since I am bound by HIPPA laws, understand I am just passing on a bit of food related information.

Funrover
February 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
LMAO!!!