PDA

View Full Version : C.O.R.E

ccbruin
March 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Me and a couple of my friends are going to C.O.R.E on Sunday. Feel free to meet us there!

Robert B
March 2nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
ok i must ask info on this as google give me nothing useful and the one i found it says closed for season but site might just be out of date and the rest i found are eco sites and rehab places soooo...... since the pre run might not happen i might try for this one if that happens :)

Rob
March 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
may i ask what and where is c.o.r.e

http://www.coloradooffroadextreme.com/

Alec, you should call and make sure they're open.

Viper
March 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Have you been there before? If you have then you know what to expect, but if you haven't and you plan to do some crawling you might want to think twice about going. I went last year with some friends and was really disappointed. There was a few places to mess around in your 4x4 but not much else. Some rocks, pipes, and a few hills and some of them were pretty hard, but it's a long way to go and very little to do. If they are open they charge $20 to get in. Personally I'd save my money, gas and time and go somewhere else.

ccbruin
March 2nd, 2011, 10:04 PM
On CO4x4 the guy said this weekend is opening weekend. Website says $10 a person...

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=135

Roostercruiser
March 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Last time I was there they opened the park just for us. It was a fun muddy time. In November I think it was. Have fun yall

ccbruin
March 3rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Got 4 rigs going so far. Me, a TJ, a Taco, and a Blazer!

Chris
March 3rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Break through some ice for me, have a winch ready! :D

SubaCool
March 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Have you been there before? If you have then you know what to expect, but if you haven't and you plan to do some crawling you might want to think twice about going. I went last year with some friends and was really disappointed. There was a few places to mess around in your 4x4 but not much else. Some rocks, pipes, and a few hills and some of them were pretty hard, but it's a long way to go and very little to do. If they are open they charge $20 to get in. Personally I'd save my money, gas and time and go somewhere else.
You guys just don't know how to have fun or to use CORE "properly" :rolleyes: :p
Saturday, the SCCA rallycross is having a driving school and a test 'n tune going all day. Not really for trucks or crawlers, but it's fun to watch too. I'm sure people might even be willing to take riders :thumb:

Viper
March 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hey Subacool, have they added anything new to C.O.R.E. in the last 2 yrs? If they have maybe its worth it now. But they would have to have done a lot of work to improve that place. With the few rocks and concrete pipes obstacles what else is there to do? We didn't go there to watch rallycross or watch other people having fun we went for us. I guess my friends and I have different standards when it comes to fun. Driving over an hour, paying $10 or $20 (whatever it was) and then to do everything the park had to offer for 4x4 in maybe 2 hrs, maybe your right, we don't know how to have fun.

SubaCool
March 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry if I struck a nerve, I didn't mean no harm ;) I agree with you about the "lack" of stuff to do for dedicated 4x4-ers or crawlers. The park is more geared towards desert running, rally, and mx. I'm a racer and I look at it differently, so there's plenty of stuff to do for someone like me. Again, I usually only go out there if there's an event going on where where I can play. But like I've said, I can see where you're coming from. It is too far and too simple if you just want to take a rig out for a day of crawling :redface:

Viper
March 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
No big deal, we just have two different opinions on the park. Your interest are completely different then mine when it come to the park, so no harm no foul.