PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out loud... any advise?

Jackie
March 5th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking about trading in my 2008 2dr Jeep Rubicon for a 4dr Rubicon. I dont really care about the year - could be from '07 - '11, but I would probably lean more toward a 2011 in my circumstance.

Mine is without any mods (except for the steps Pete recently built for me) and it only has 13,7*** miles on it. (I still owe $3k on my loan). No damage. A few pin-stripes in the paint that can be buffed out easily. Tow package. Dual tops.

I LOVE this Jeep, but I think a 4dr might have been a better choice for us.

So my question is, do you think I can do a trade-up at a fair price if I go straight to the dealer or should I try to sell the Jeep privately and then go buy a new Jeep?

I also just ordered a new bumper for it which should arrive sometime in May. I think it will still fit on a newer model so I'm not too worried about that.

All suggestions appreciated!

Chris
March 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Sell on your own Jackie, you'll always come out better than trading it in. Spend a couple hours getting trade quotes from dealers and it'll be very clear.

Patrolman
March 5th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Ditto. Keep what you want that will fit the new ride and sell it. You will always come out ahead. Cash talks at the stealership.

Jackie
March 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I have always sold my cars privately and then bought what I want (never a trade-in). But I've never been in this circumstance of owning a vehicle that is this new and of a higher $ figure - so this is new to me. My previous cars were beaters that all of us "grown-ups" remember and love (worth about $500.) GOD I'd love to get my old '62 Plymouth Fury back!!!

cfr
March 5th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Can't comment on the financial aspects.

You'll love the Unlimited (4dr). I plan on driving mine for a long time.

Aaron
March 6th, 2011, 06:40 AM
The rock limos are great... You may want to wait till the '12s come out though. They will have the much better Penestar (sp?) V6 engine.

http://i.autoblog.com/2010/11/09/jeep-wrangler-to-get-pentastar-v6-power-in-2012/

However, do keep your eye out for a good used one. We got our Rubi for a steal.

Brody
March 6th, 2011, 08:12 AM
You'll love the 4 door for a lot of reasons. Stability and wheelbase for starters....

GOD I'd love to get my old '62 Plymouth Fury back!!!

Yeah, I bet. $10 spent on a resto, sell it, and you could pay cash for the new Jeep and have $$ left over...