PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Brody's fab work

GaryG
March 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I had Peter build me some brackets for a pergola going over my new hot tub. Just thought I'd post a pic if the finished item. All steel work performed by Mr. Brody. Thanks

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_rozQ_nNtgRE/TXTgPbpuMqI/AAAAAAAAAjg/23DjcTajx9w/s912/2011-03-06%2013.31.10.jpg

Brody
March 7th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks Gary! I was hoping to see pictures of what all of that steel was to be going on! Looks sweet, too. That is really going to be nice when it is all finished with the hot tub installed.

Appreciate the work!

Brad
March 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Lookin Good!! I want a hot tub.. :D

RockyMtnHigh
March 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Mr. Brody! :lmao: I'll refrain from the old jokes this once and just say very nice work Pete and Gary! :thumb:

Brody
March 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah, yeah and yeah.....The "Mr Brody" made me feel every ache and pain in my body....Usually I only hear "Mr. Brody" when someone that I don't know tries to get familiar really quickly, or, as has happened a bit in the last couple of years, some lawyer tries to run the "What do you prefer? Pete or Peter? " on me. My reply to them is "For you, when you are addressing me, it is going to be Mr. Brody, said with some respect, as I certainly do not anticipate ever being friendly with you."

Since Gary and I are within a few years of being the same age, or at least from the same generation, I was surprised to see the "Mr. Brody" part and got a laugh out of it. I was figuring the peanut gallery wasn't going to be too far behind with age related comments....:D

RockyMtnHigh
March 7th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I was figuring the peanut gallery wasn't going to be too far behind with age related comments....:D

:Jock: <---- I didn't get my own smilie for nothing! :lmao:

Rmart74
March 7th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Awesome work Peter (Brody)!

Chris
March 7th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Looks good Gary, I'll take a minute to promote Mr. Brody's non-fabrication work for those unaware of all he can do. Hopefully before too long I'll have no HOA's stamp of approval for Pete to rebuild my patio landscape timbers and fence surround. Hmm, maybe a pergola while I'm he's at it.

Pete's done some home improvement stuff for me in the past and I recommend him without reservation.

If Barb gets her way he'll also remodel our kitchen, one bathroom and expand it by eliminating a hall closet.

Brody
March 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks!

[/I]Awesome work Peter (Brody)! [/I]

HAHA........Gary did the nice looking stuff. All I did was the bracketry. The wood work is what is the sweet looking part!

GaryG
March 8th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Guess I never think about salutations vs first name ramifications.no disrespect meant. I don't know all you forum guys yet but I'll meet a lot of you this summer then all formalities will go out the window

Brody
March 8th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Guess I never think about salutations vs first name ramifications.no disrespect meant.

None taken...We come from a generation where saying "sir, ma'am, mister" were just something that was done until told otherwise, so I knew where you were coming from. I met two older guys the other day, one a new neighbor and another a friend of a neighbor...Well, it was "Pleased to meet you,sir" and "Nice to have met you, Mr. XXXX." until I was told otherwise..

We are also of a generation where we get flack from younger people on the forum who never learned how to show respect to the much superior, older, wiser, better looking, and well read elders......YEAH....take that ya young punkoids..:D:D:D

Gonna need some back up quickly here older people.....HELP...don't want to be left hanging out on my lonesome after that last comment..:eek:

Rob
March 8th, 2011, 10:59 PM
much superior, older, wiser, better looking, and well read elders

Hear, hear!

You forgot "Age and treachery will beat youth and stamina every time." :funrover:

RockyMtnHigh
March 9th, 2011, 12:33 AM
much superior, older, wiser, better looking, and well read elders

You forgot "Age and treachery will beat youth and stamina every time."

You two might want to check your diapers...opps sorry...I meant your male incontinence products, it seems you're becoming FOS! :lmao:

RockGrinder
March 9th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Well now, I guess that I can count myself lucky then, because "Mr Brody" let me get away with addressing him by his first name when we first met and I in no way meant any disrespect to him then or even now. lol ( can't wait to go on the anniversary run with all of you though and really get to mingle to get to know one another better. Oh and thanks again for the stickers! (to brody)