PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary run: Organizing runs

Rob
March 12th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Last year, those who ran the trail after lunch had fun, but we did have a couple of minor incidents because the runs were spontaneous and catch-as-catch-can.

This year, we're going to try to be a little more organized.

We have 31 confirmed rigs so far (maybe 30 if Pete's out). Won't know until run day how many we'll actually have. But let's plan on at least four groups of about eight rigs each, and we can hit the trail in waves. The main point is to make sure no one is on the trail (or a spur) alone, even though it sounds like the trail is going to be dry this year.

I'd like four volunteers to lead a group, preferably folks who know the trail. Any takers? Once we get to the lunch spot, I'll put out a sign-up sheet so everyone can sign up for a group.

1. Robert B.
2. Brad (Foxtrot)

Robert B
March 13th, 2011, 12:16 AM
well i did the pre run and ive done the back half a couple times so i could lead a grp ....if the great sage DRoldunit believes i am ready for this challege :)

Brody
March 13th, 2011, 06:57 AM
When we did the WFTW runs, it was very well organized and they were dealing with a lot of people also. Here is what they did and it worked.

They designated trail leaders, then the trail leaders had a poster of the trail/time visible on the top of their rig. People who were going to do the run with that trail leader simply stacked up behind the lead vehicle.

This eliminates anyone having to sign up for a run/time and makes the leader responsible for keeping the groups from stacking up. Before anyone leaves for the trail, the leaders can make sure that there are about the same number of people in each group. My guess is that you are going to need another leader or two especially if we have the same number of folks as last year.

Just my 2 cents...

Brad
March 13th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I have never run it so I will be a follower. I would like to volunteer to be in the last group ( will sign up for this at the trail) in case there are any leftover burgers and so I can help wrap up lunch.

Jackie
March 13th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Where exactly is the lunch spot in relation to the trail? I was assuming it was at the creek which would mean at the end of the trail where you turn around to go back. Is it going to be an issue just getting everyone there?

foxtrot
March 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM
ill be a leader, I have run the trail many times, and know it good. Jackie, the lunch spot is near the begining after you go over thefirst big hill. there is a big field where we meet.

Jackie
March 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Rob
March 13th, 2011, 11:03 AM
OK, Robert B and Foxtrot have volunteered to lead. Need at least two more.

Pete, good suggestions. I don't know if I can be that organized. I like the "line up behind the leaders' rigs" idea.

southpaws3
March 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
HEY FOXTROT !!!! YOu bringing the fire starter this yr hahaha:D

foxtrot
March 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
but of coarse :D can't miss out on that fun. Should we have charcoal again so we can have a fire as hot as the surface of the sun :smokin:

Robert B
March 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
i agree with pete with the line up idea...sounds simple easy and ppl can join on their own so no managing is needed :)

Brody
March 14th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I like the "line up behind the leaders' rigs" idea.

I did too and it worked quite well. The leaders just parked in a row and people lined up behind them. I was wondering how the WFTW folks were going to organize so many people for such a diversity of trails and it was simple and clever.

Pathrat
March 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM
As many times as I have been there, I still have no sense of what dirt road goes where. Robert B...yell at me when it is time.

Robert B
March 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Robert B...yell at me when it is time.
we need to be in the same group!!!!

Pathrat
March 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM
we need to be in the same group!!!!

That is why you should yell at me when it is time to line up! :lmao:

Robert B
March 16th, 2011, 09:25 PM
That is why you should yell at me when it is time to line up!
aye aye cap'n i will have the blue pig follow my.............. what can i call mine...hhmmmm

Pathrat
March 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM
aye aye cap'n i will have the blue pig follow my.............. what can i call mine...hhmmmm

Blue cow or blue bull? Some kind of farmyard animal should suffice.

Robert B
March 16th, 2011, 09:45 PM
well due to the v8 ill go with bull ....cool thanks for the new nickname !!!!!!! :D

Rob
March 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Three days away. Who else wants to step up and lead a run?