PDA

View Full Version : help needed asap in utah

scout man
March 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I am on the side of i 70, not far from cisco exit headed east. Just blew my tcase off of my transmission. Literally. Need to get me to denver, and my rig somewhere safe.. preferably denver. If you can help in any way please call me. Thanks.
314-303-9283

Aaron
March 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Dear lord man! I am resource-less to help with he exception of being able to make calls to people if you know someone around who can help get you and your rig home. Let me know... Maybe Marty can get your rig back to Moab to get fixed... or you could hitch a ride with someone coming home soon?

scout man
March 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
This one doesn't have an easy fix. Ed is finding a trailer to head me way. Would love to find 4fingers number to see if he can get me to junction.

Jackie
March 30th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Dang Steve - I could play hooky from work tomorrow and give you a ride home, but I do not have a trailer to pull your truck. I'll watch this thread. If I can help, let me know.

Patrolman
March 30th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Steve, I do have an extra t-case or two if that helps at all... Unfortunately I can't get them to you, but can lend them out. Unsure if that would help fix your problem.

Brody
March 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I wish that I could help, but am basically trailerless and gasless at the moment...I don't have a way to pull a trailer at any rate. I hope that Ed can get things going for you...

scout man
March 30th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I have like 4 tcases in my garage too, but unfortunately I think I blew out my tail housing on my tcase too. Ed is leaving now headed this way. I just hobbled some **** back together, going to see if I can get to GJ, or at least off the highway.

Smash
March 30th, 2011, 02:04 PM
No help here Steve, but best of luck!

foxtrot
March 30th, 2011, 02:37 PM
wow, sorry to hear. let me know if you guys need anything else, I can leave work and grab a truck and trailer if needed. let us know!

Mporter
March 30th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear. I'm unfortunately in the same position as most. No trailer, no gas.

scout man
March 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Alright, so I made it to grand junction. Tcase is toast, as the rear yoke is free spinning now. Either broke a shaft or blew up a gear inside. Managed to re-attach it with 3 bolt from the hub on my tire carrier. Drove it in front wheel drive to GJ. Ed is on his way here with a trailer to get me.

Jackie
March 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
:clap: Go Ed!

Glad you got the help you needed!

southpaws3
March 30th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Monster suburban and myself are on the way see you in 5 hours or so

CR
March 30th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Uh oh!... Glad things are working out for you guys.
Maybe FR4X4 should collectively buy a trailer... Moab seems to be bad luck for some of us...

southpaws3
March 30th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Hey Steve I have no phone reception but the damn computer works, stupid technology. You know Steve ,your the little guy,I'm not spooning with monster rob if we have to get a hotel . Supposidly he has an appetite don't worry he is just a cuddiler .............ps Steve it is snowing after Idaho springs. See you soon

Aaron
March 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Ed, You rock!

Patrolman
March 30th, 2011, 05:00 PM
You guys are super cool! Thanks for coming through in a bind!

Brody
March 30th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Maybe FR4X4 should collectively buy a trailer... Moab seems to be bad luck for some of us...

May happen sooner than you think. LaDawn spotted on the other day. I will post if something happens with it.

Yeah, you guys do rock! Thanks so much for going out of your way to help out!

Fordguy77
March 30th, 2011, 06:59 PM
If I wasnt in Wheatland, and Ed didnt jump on it, i may of been some use! Go Ed! :frontrange4x4:

southpaws3
March 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
1st don't forget to thank monster rob for the use of his trailer and taking time away his day, don't worry Steve We know your covered. [Edited]

CR
March 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yes, Thanks to Ed and Rob. It's because of people like you guys that make this place that much more family like than any other clubs.

Rmart74
March 30th, 2011, 08:24 PM
The only things I have to say are as follow, #1 you don't have to be a member to help someone in need, if you are able to do so, you should as a human decency not because you are or aren't part of the group / forem. #2. We all thank you on being kind and helpful to another wheeler. I am sure Steve appreciates it immensely, as we all would if we were in his shoes. It takes a great person / human being to really go out of his way to aid some one in need.

Brody
March 30th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Nicely said, Ricardo.

Patrolman
March 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Ditto. I do what I can within my means, even if that was only the offer of my spare t-case. Wish I had more resources to offer as I had 1/2 day off work.

4finger
April 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
oh- look who finally joined the conversation......ME. sorry Steve. my work lately has been stressfull. new guy trying to learn the job stressfull. all i wanna do when i get home is sit and enjoy the kids. i havent checked the computer all week.

sorry to hear of your issues. im like Pete, i have no trailer. not even one to borrow. the only one i can access is one built for a small toyota, and his truck BARELY fits on it.
to make matters worse. you were stuck half way between Moab and Junction. if you were in Moab i have a way to get ya room and board and a place to park you truck at the inlaws till help arrived, same with if you were in Junction (and had gotten ahold of me), but it would have been at my house. both are welcome options im sure but they might not have been good options for you at the time.

im gonna look into adding my name to that list of phone numbers i read about on here to long ago. the only reason i didnt was because my help is family dependant. but it looks like i should at least add my number.

its good to see you made it back Steve. i hope the fix is wuick and painless!!!!

scout man
April 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
No worries. I didnt know if you would have any way of helping out or not, but knew that if you did, you would definitely be closer than anyone else. You struck me as the kind of guy that might have a trailer sitting around.

i hope the fix is wuick and painless!!!!

Unfortunately I dont think it is going to be either of those :D I need to figure out what I am going to do, but I am thinking of taking this chance to do a pretty major overhaul on some stuff if I can afford it. I would love to rebuild the whole drive train, and maybe see what other options i have. Also considering 4-linking the rear. We will see!

Chris
April 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Patch a new tcase in there Steve, you don't want to lose the whole season now that it's close!

scout man
April 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Not sure its that easy. Took some chunks off the tranny too, and I dont really have much time now to work on it as I am into my busy season now. I think I can probably bolt one of my other tcases on to drive it around town and enjoy the summer, but probably not trail-worthy as it would be missing a couple of bolts. I also need to do something with my rear springs, as they are sagging pretty bad, and one is S shaped. I havnt decided yet what to do. I would like to strip it down and build it up right so I can hopefully prevent future problems like this.

Roostercruiser
April 4th, 2011, 01:31 AM
That's what I'm doing wiith my burban. Rebuilding it right.

4finger
April 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
yeah,,, unfortunately no trailer. i am saving up for one now though so hopefully soon. i do have a welder, and a few handtools that are available anytime a fr4x4 member is accidently stranded here in my neck of the woods.

sorry about that. i wish i had seen this earlier. i would love to have helped, even if it was just to help tie on a winch or tow strap to get you on a trailer.:)

edog
April 4th, 2011, 09:00 AM
You guys rock!

transplant87
April 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I want to thank Rob for all his help and i know its not his frist time going out his way to help some that broke down (i.e. happy).
And i think that FR4x4 going it to get a trailer or and old drive out tow druck is a great idea.