PDA

View Full Version : Ouray July 23rd to July 27th

Brad
April 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Talked with Brian in montrose so we could include him in some group runs in his area. Looking to camp out somewhere around Ouray.
Anyone else interested? Dates can certainly be modified. I am open between July 23 and August 13th. Would like to spend about 4 days wheeling.

Aaron
April 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I'm vacationed out... We have mesa verde on the other side of those mountains labor day :)

Mr6dwg
April 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Oddly enough, my wife and I got married in Ouray on July 29. I might be interested in that adventure.

Jackie
April 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Dam*! We just booked a trip to Grand Lake July 27 - 31, otherwise I would go. We're still hoping to get back there this summer though. It's beautiful!!!

Jackie
April 7th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I'm vacationed out... We have mesa verde on the other side of those mountains labor day
I'm never vacationed out!!! We did Mesa Verde, Ouray, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison last summer in a "never-been-there-before" road trip. All fun!

Mporter
April 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I probably won't be able to swing this because me and my manager Brian are going to Ouray or Buena Vista the last week of June to do exactly this.

Chris
April 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I may be up for that time period Brad, I'll be watching to see how this develops as my ability to plan firms up.

Matt, you'll find most of the Ouray trails snowed in that early in the season. Anything before August tends to be iffy.

Mporter
April 7th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the input Chris. We're still debating on what we're doing, it's probably gonna end up being a spur of the moment thing where we end up

Chris
April 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM
BV would be great and save Ouray for a later visit.

Roo
April 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Just a heads up. The fjcruiser annual Ouray meet is July 20-24. You might want to plan around that unless you like crowds.

Brad
April 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks Reese! That is why my dates are flexible. :thumb:

RockyMtnHigh
April 7th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I might be up for this, specifically if it does not fall on the same days as the FJ Summit. I don't know that I would wheel all 4 days though, camping and wheel at least one day, the rest I would have to give to hit the water in the area.

JGomez31
April 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Depending on what weekend you end-up choosing, I can probably join you. I haven't been on any trails in that area. So as long as you aren't trying to do anything that is impossible for a full-size rig (i.e. Black Bear), I would like to make the trip.

JGomez31
April 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Matt, you'll find most of the Ouray trails snowed in that early in the season. Anything before August tends to be iffy.

I am planning on going camping/white water rafting in Buena Vista the weekend of the 4th of July. Do you think there will be any trails in that area to run while I'm down there?

Chris
April 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
With this season's snowfall I'd expect most BV trails will have snow on them but you should be able to get pretty far before getting turned back but doubt any of the passes will be open.

Chris
April 28th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I am planning on going camping/white water rafting in Buena Vista the weekend of the 4th of July. Do you think there will be any trails in that area to run while I'm down there?

My mistake, I was talking to Brody and he reminded me that the low stuff will be clear. I like mountain passes and that's what I was referring to rather than the non-mountain stuff that exists and is plentiful in BV. You'll find plenty on the July 4th weekend Jonathan!

Brad
April 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Not sure exactly on the date's. Probably will be close to the toyota gtg but not the same time. We may just plan this as a small get away. Thinking of making it a expedition trip through the southwest mountains stopping along the way to camp.

Chris
April 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
That's the ticket Brad, loop the SW of the state over a week or two. We try to do thst every summer ourselves.

DHYDR8D
May 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I would be in on this run if it happens or not I have wanted to do Black bear pass for years now. I think we would stay in a hotel, and I might be able to get at least one more rig, maybe two.

Gossamer
May 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
FYI Colorado Fest 2011 is July 25th - 30th in the area as well ...NAXJA is having this

wyota
May 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
If I'm still here i will be in that area for the fj summit. Looks like it is going to be busy up there all month.

Fordguy77
May 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM
If i wasn't going to be in vial that weekend for some adventure race katey entered us in i would be interested depending on the state or rigs.

Brody
May 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM
camping and wheel at least one day, the rest I would have to give to hit the water in the area.

Yes, you'd best cast some flies when you are down that way!

Oddly enough, my wife and I got married in Ouray on July 29. I might be interested in that adventure.

Married on my birthday....

Brad
May 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
This is probably just going to be a family outing for us. Take the Pop up down to Ouray and go hit alot of runs around there.
Not too many on here are interested and the expedition I want to do through the southwest is too long of a trip with my son's
tennis schedule.

I will post up my plans when I get them solidified in case anyone wants to join us.

Rob
May 19th, 2011, 08:15 PM
for some adventure race

We're going to want a report and some pics of that. :)