PDA

View Full Version : New Europe Only Ford Ranger... In the mud

Aaron
April 12th, 2011, 07:53 AM
http://www.autoevolution.com/images/news/new-ford-ranger-ready-for-some-serious-off-road-action-34084_1.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/10/01-ranger-630.jpg

BlackRubi
April 12th, 2011, 08:02 AM
The 4 door looks good. When are they going to revamp the US ranger?

Rmart74
April 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Looks really nice for a FORD! ;)

MelloYello
April 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
What ford?. All I see is that awesome mud pit! I wish that was here. :D

KnuckleHead
April 13th, 2011, 12:03 AM
What ford?. All I see is that awesome mud pit! I wish that was here.
x2 Love to be hitting that mud hole

Brody
April 13th, 2011, 06:11 AM
If you guys are so fond of mud, you should schedule a very early run to the Ellis Jeep trail. Not only is the trail a long and scenic one (55 miles of back roads), an early run will guarantee a huge amount of mud. Check trialdamage to see when the trail opens, who to contact and to see pictures of the mud pit there.

The times we have run it have been in the fall. The first time had a fair amount of mud, the second time, last year, it was almost all dry. I would imagine that an early run would be a mudfest. Long drive and a long trail, but the camping is excellent and there are a lot of side roads that we have never even gotten on. Goes from Colorado up into Wyoming, then back down.

On the first trip, I backed out...or rather, got winched/pulled out...of the main mud pit which almost swallowed a 38" tire. If you go, keep in mind that the main mud pit is in a very open area with little or nothing to winch from, so having a few rigs is almost mandatory unless you feel like digging a deadman anchor. The main mud pit is in an open meadow about 2/3s of the way through the trail. When Rod, LaDawn and I ran it a couple of years ago, there had been a lot of moisture, so a lot of the trail was very muddy....and slick. Rob was getting some white knuckles in parts as we more or less slid down some of the steep descents. He was running it in his FJC and needed to be careful about body damage. With my heap, I figured that I could just run into a tree or two if I slid off the road...

Anyway, check it out as it will probably have the biggest collective mess of mud on any trail in the state.

Cr33p3r
April 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
That is ugly as sin and this coming from a Ranger owner. As for the US model they are stopping production of the Ranger. It sure would have been nice if the US four door would have had regular full size doors rather than 1/2 doors like kine has.