southpaws3
April 23rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

Rob
April 23rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Very nice.

Mporter
April 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Sweet. I like how the rocks look like those of the Rubicon, but the background looks almost like an African plain.

How long is the wheelbase on that taco? That angle of the camera makes it look lonnnnnnng

Brody
April 24th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Sweet! Hey....I just noticed....That's my friend Todd in the video! You know, the guy that moved to Texas to hook up with 6'8" blond Texas cowgirl! Yeah...that guy...He head heard that that grow them big in Texas and wanted to find out...How ya doing ?

wyota
April 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hay Pete I'm doing fine. Have yet to find me that 6'8'' blond. Found a few 5'5''s though if you add them up that's one big girl :D the taco has a 120'' wheel base it just looks long because of the fish eye.

colomil
April 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Cool footage. I would love so see a GoPro mounted on the frame rail pointing at the front axle to show what is going on.

wyota
April 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
If any one is wanting to try multi cam vids hear is a tip that would have helped me. Honk the horn or clap loud enough that both camras can here it, so you have a sync point. You could also pop a flash, any thing you can see or here. other wise it is very difficult to get the timing right. That's why the second vid doesn't come in untill I hit the rock. It was the only point in both vids that I could tell happens at the exact same time. There are probably other ways to do it but I'm just learning final cut pro so mayb there is a better way, but for now this will work.

wyota
April 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Sweet. I like how the rocks look like those of the Rubicon, but the background looks almost like an African plain.
Ya it's funny you say that, not far from where that was taken is a reserve called african safari or something of that nature. They have giraffe, gazell (spelling) and other African type critters. I will say some parts of tx are pretty neat, but they can have the rest!

daveIT
May 12th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Sweet vid! Post some more!

Funrover
May 13th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Looks like you are still having a good time!

Brad
May 13th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Sweet vid! Don't know how I missed it. You know Todd, the trend right now is to move from Texas to Colorado. ;)

Brody
May 13th, 2011, 07:25 AM
They have giraffe, gazell (spelling)

gazelle...

Todd is in town right now and was planning to move back because of a job offer...the reason he came back. When he got to NM, he received an email that the job in Colo was postponed for 6-8 months. On the flip side, he also got a job offer from a cool company in Waco and when he heads back to Texas later this week, he is going to see about that one. So he is following the work, Texas or not....although he would much rather live here.