Squshiee1
April 26th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Plz Comment on the photo, PROS , CONS! :thumb::mad:

Brad
April 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Welcome.. Have you offroaded it?

Aaron
April 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Pro - Something that's not a Jeep or Yota... Welcome!

Flako
April 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Pro's: Lots of space for gear, and if Im not mistaken rear axle is comparable to a D44, Engine well mantained will give you over 200K miles.
Con's : Only Calmini has full lift kits for it (unless you go custom lift), IFS.

Thats all I can think of right now. IMO great vehicle.

Roostercruiser
April 26th, 2011, 03:16 PM
nice , we had a member on here awile back who lifted his Rodeo. it looked and ran well

Colin
April 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
My friend has one and has been looking at buying that Calmini lift, but he hasn't taken it off road yet. Have you? Cause i am trying to talk him into it and finding another rodeo out wheeling will help my case.

Roostercruiser
April 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
heres Geckodudes18 Izusu with 3 inch lift:thumb:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/Geckodude18/Off%20Road/DSCF0162.jpg

MelloYello
April 26th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Welcome.

Brody
April 26th, 2011, 06:52 PM
What Flako said, but I think the rear axle is a Dana 44 and is a good swap for Jeep folks.

Calmini has about the only real after market parts, but you can do the basic Yota IFS tweak and crank the torsion arms up, gaining about 1 1/2" in the front. The rear list is easy and is done by swapping in stock Ford F150 coils (someone probably has a set kicking around. I had a set at my house for a year and they were given to someone to do that) and chopping off one coil. There is a write up on this that I posted in the Make and Model links. If it isn't there, just Google ISUZU lift + Ford coil springs. Same lift works on a Nissan, too, I believe. Any other lift will have to be a body lift and the steering spacer is a PITA. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Much more than what I said is going to be either custom SAS or Calmini.

Isuzu's, like Nissans, always blow my mind with the lack of after market stuff available. You are essentially starting off with the same well constructed platform as a Yota, good engine, good axles, good frame and tranny, but where is the support and after market goodies?

Welcome to the forum.

Mporter
April 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome. My friend had one of those but totaled it shortly after.

Rob
April 26th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Welcome. This is an introduction right? How about telling us a little about yourself. New to wheeling? Did you just get the Rodeo. Etc.

RockyMtnHigh
April 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome!

southpaws3
April 27th, 2011, 01:07 AM
bigger,nice,welcome

Hypoid
April 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome aboard!

Pro: It's black.
Con: It's clean.

:D

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hey Thx for the comments, it has a Dana 44 in the rear(it came stock) i don't know what the front is (but i heard it was a Dana 44 also, i don't really want to lift it, i want to lift the rear about 2 inches and the front has plenty of torsion bar left.

No i have not been off road with this car, and i have had it for a year. it is a very straight body, and no problems, just some small dings.

The picture on the top was when i first got it in June, and the picture on the bottom is when i replaces the bumper, the left taillight, and cleaned it up and pin striped it.

I am 15 and will be Turing 16 in may, and i get my license June 7th. and that weekend i will be heading up to Kenosha pass and hitting up pine national forest (an easy trail) and hopefully going to slaughterhouse in the same weekend.

It has 112,000 miles and i bought it for 700$, the guy gave me a lot of tools all craftsman and they are brand new in the box and package and plastic, and a OBDII code reader. and we put about 2000$ into it, and it is running very STRONG! I love the Shift on the fly 4X4.

We have taken it through alot of mud and snow, it does very well in the snow and the mud.

Now that i think i want a 2" suspension lift!

22mpg city 25 highway, The mechanic plugged a computer in the car for a full tank of gas and he said i was getting those numbers. it dose better than my dads bug!

Anyone into NITRO RC's I have a SAVAGE XL, SAVAGE X, and a REVO 3.3. i am a pro at nitros, any questions about them you can always ask me, i should know the problem!

Enough Said?

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I plan on getting it dirty, SOON! hopefully

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Yep, Very new to wheeling!

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Im not sure about the rear lift, i dont have coils, are you talking a round spring ( coil) or leaf springs, and i think i need a rear lift shackle to give me some more drop.
What year of ford?
is their a link or instructions somewhere?

Brody
April 29th, 2011, 07:01 PM
OK, sounds like a rear shackle or rear add a leaf for the rear, or you may be able to use the 4 Runner coils and sleeve the bump stops..again if they are similar to Yotas. If that is possible, then your rear lift is apt to be free as people toss these when the do after market. Using the 4Runner coils (over the top of the leaf springs and on a Yota pick up) gives you a quick 2" lift for the rear.

The torsion bar twist will do for 1 1/2 in the front.

Sounds like you are close to me (Arvada/Evergreen). I am off 62nd and Wadsworth. If you have time this weekend, feel free to stop by and I can take a look and make some suggestions. I am welding some trailer stuff tomorrow AM, then working on the 2009 Taco project. Sunday I am working on an 87 Yota, so I am going to be home both days. Probably won't hear the phone due to the noise level. If I am not here, I am at O'rielly's or Lowe's, both close to the house.

Pete
303-507-3066
6139 Reed way
Arvada 80003

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Im in old town arvada, super close. are you over by the arvada center?
5555 brentwood street arvada.
303-588-6741 shoot me a text, or leave a message!

Robert B
April 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
welcome and i think you might take the youngest member award :thumb:

tonkatoy
April 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM
welcome to the form and i think it cool if u got it and it is payed for than wheel it. and have fun

Fordguy77
April 30th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Im also in the Arvada area, but i am close to the movie theater. Wanna fix my nitro sport? haha i started to upgrade the motor and never got around to putting it back in. I crash them more than they are on the ground running though.

Brody
April 30th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Im in old town arvada, super close. are you over by the arvada center?
5555 brentwood street arvada.
303-588-6741 shoot me a text, or leave a message!

Opposite side of the road. Same with Chris (Fordboy). We are both within walking distance of Old Town Arvada, though.

I am east of Wadsworth off 62nd, Chris is east off 55th.

I'll call you. Brody don't do text...

Squshiee1
May 3rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hey! i would love to come over and fix your nitro sport, Where do you want to meet?
Should i bring my tools?
I can ride my bike wherever you need to meet me.
or you can meet at my house with your nitro. i will have everything i need.
I can meet anytime this weekend.

Squshiee1
May 3rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
I kind of like being the youngest member!

Brody
May 3rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
Me too. Now we can give you all the grief we usually save up for Matt. Kind of balances out the flack all of us older folk get from anyone under 50....

Mporter
May 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I reluctantly pass my crown. :cool::brody: