PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Mom...

Chris
May 8th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Today Barb and I had the pleasure of taking my mother out to lunch for a brief outing from the nursing home where she's spent the last 2 weeks while recovering from a hospital visit. It was timely and a pleasure to give her the opportunity to get out of her room and to enjoy the sights of Spring and feel the sunshine on her face which she enjoyed so much. We shared her company and thanked her for letting us take her out despite her not feeling as well as she hoped. We returned her to her room, got her comfortable in her bed and gave her a kiss goodbye as we wished her a Happy Mother's Day. She thanked us for a very enjoyable day as she settled into her bed and closed her eyes. We told her to have a good nap and that we'd talk to her later. Within an hour we received a call from the care facility that she had passed. My mother had a good life and died at 87 years old.

May we all be so fortunate to die peacefully in our sleep and enjoy our final hours with those we love.

4Runninfun
May 8th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Wow Chris sorry to hear this. May we all be so lucky to go peacefully like that.

Rob
May 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
How great that she spent her last day with you and Barb.

dr350jja
May 8th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear of her passing. Glad you were able to spend quality time with her today on Mother's Day.

KnuckleHead
May 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I'm glad that you got to spend this day with her, at the same time sorry to hear about her passing..... May she Rest In Peace

Patrolman
May 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Sorry for your loss Chris, but it sounds like it was one of the most rewarding opportunities. Our thoughts are with you.

Funrover
May 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear about her passing, but she went peacefully and is now in a better place.

Jackie
May 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Chris, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was a peaceful passing and I hope that it was. 87 is a good long life we could all hope for. If there is anything we can do for you or your family, please let us know.

RockyMtnHigh
May 8th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris, at the same time glad you got to spend the day with her.

Hypoid
May 8th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I never got around to reading the book with the same title, but it sounds like she had a good death.

Without a doubt, she cherished the time with you and Barb. Without a doubt you and Barb will always cherish those last minutes with her. That's as good as anyone can hope for.

Brad
May 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I only hope I die as peacefully. Really sorry for your loss, from mine to all of yours.

BLUE THUNDER
May 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Sorry for your loss Chris.

southpaws3
May 8th, 2011, 11:51 PM
from our family to yours. best wishes and condolences

Brody
May 9th, 2011, 05:12 AM
From both of us to all of your extended family: we are very sorry to hear of your loss. What a peaceful way to go, though, and enough probably can't be said about that. It was so nice that you were able to spend the day with here before she passed away...

Not too much that someone can say actually and nothing that is going to fill the hole that her passing has left in your lives and hearts. Small condolence that she spent her last hours with people she loved and who loved her, but a lot better than not to have done that. My mother died with a smile on her face. My dad didn't. When I remember my mom, I always think of the smile on her face....again, a small condolence, but as time has passed, her smile has brought a smile to my face as I know she passed away with nice thoughts.

One of the not so great things about getting older. As always, anything we can do for you guys, please let us know...

Aaron
May 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM
So sorry Chris. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

BlackRubi
May 9th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear, Chris. Our prayers are with you.

Coonburger
May 9th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Iam sorry for your loss you and your famiy is in our prayers. Also u ever wanna sit down and talk let me know , well crack open a few beers and throw some meat on the grill.

Cr33p3r
May 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Chris we are both sorry for the loss of your mom, and happy for all three of you to get to spend cherished moments together before hand. You are all in our prayers and if anything is needed please do not hesitate to call.

CR
May 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Our prayers are with you and your family Chris.

transplant87
May 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Sorry for your loos Chris.

MelloYello
May 9th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Bittersweet. : (
Chris, very sorry for your loss. Glad you got to spend the last hours with some quality time.

oppositemind
May 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Chris :(

ROKTAXI
May 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
....maybe she knew it was going to be a special day, in that she and her son & 'daughter' were going to share a very personal and final moment together?

Couldn't have happened a better way, but I'm sure it still doesn't make it any easier.

edog
May 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Very sorry to hear, I dealt with this three years ago, still haven't gotten much better from it. It sounds like she had a great life! My condolences.

Pathrat
May 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Like everyone has said, you have our condolences. You and Barb were quite fortunate to have such a great last day with her.

Roo
May 9th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Chris, so sorry to hear this. What a great final Mother's Day gift that she got to spend it outside with her son and daughter in law. May she rest in peace.....God Bless.

Chris
May 10th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Thank you everyone, Mom made her passing as easy on us all as possible. She is missed and will, for her final time, bring her family together this week as we prepare to scatter her ashes in the beautiful mountains of Colorado.