PDA

View Full Version : New toys means more fabrication

Cr33p3r
May 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Well yesterday made the trekk up to Loveland to meet up with my ex and bought her dads dual voltage arc welder and milling/drill press machine. It was quite the adventure to get the milling machine loaded into the ranger since it weighs in between 1000 & 1200 lbs. After some redneck ingenuity we got it done and then the real fun was when we got it home and had to unload it from the truck.
Figured the best choice was to disassemble it as much as possible and even at that the main tables weighed close to 200-300 lbs each.

The real deal now is going to be where to put the darn thing in the garage as I have no room.

As for the arc welder I am going to sell it since I already have my mig. It runs on 120-220 voltages but I don't remember off the top of my head what amps output are right now. This things lays some strong beautiful beads down. It has great control and smooth current flow. I have seen it used for anything from 22 gauge to 1/2" plate without any breaking a sweat. Her dad liked it more than the diesel powered welder in the back of his welding rig.

Sometime in the next couple days I will get pics up of both pieces of equipment since I am too busy today and tomorrow with get new shoes for my ranger and building two pre-runner bumpers for the Tim's blue rangerhttp://www.rmftc.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif. Yes this does mean that I am back in to doing fabrication work!:)

Roostercruiser
May 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
nice

Gossamer
May 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I need a tc skid , and a gas tank skid :bowdown: how much ?

Cr33p3r
May 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I would have to look at it to see what all is involved to quote you a fair price. If you want to bring by this weekend anytime before 1pm I can do that for you.

Cr33p3r
May 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I am thinking $225, it has the leads for it also.

transplant87
May 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I would like to get the welder to scene i don't even have one and 225 sounds fair.

Fordguy77
May 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Picture/ make/ model ?? By arc i assume you mean stick welder?? and how does it plug in (or was it "hard wired"??)
For those who do not know much about welding, most every day welding applications are Arc welders. However a large amount of people use it as slang for stick welding. Heres a quick break down on welders Initials and what they are.
Shielded Metal Arc Wlding- SMAW- Stick
Gas Metal Arc Welding also known as Metal Inert Gas- GMAW/MIG- Wire Feed with Inert Gases
Flux Core Arc Welding- FCAW- Flux Core Wire uses Wire feed with no gas, and a self shielding wire
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding also known as Tungsten Inert gas- GTAW/TIG- Torch head used with a Tungsten Electrode to provide an arc, and a rod of "filler" metal to produce the welded material.

Cr33p3r
May 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I will try to get pics of it today and post them up + the rest of the info on it. Currently it has a 110 plug on it but can use a 220 plug or it can be hard wired.