PDA

View Full Version : How about a Chinaman's Gulch run?

Coonburger
May 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
i was looking at vids and stuff bout it looks pretty fun i would start a run for it but id ont know the trail at all so yeah lol

foxtrot
May 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
when are you looking at running it? it is one of my favorite trail in Colorado.

foxtrot
May 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
here is our last run up there
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?12664-old-chinamans-gulch

BHo
May 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM
It looks like the Bighorn 4x4 club is heading out to Chinamans Gulch this weekend May 22nd. I was thinking about tagging along with them.

http://www.bighorn4x4.org/calendar.php (http://www.bighorn4x4.org/calendar.php)

Coonburger
May 17th, 2011, 10:41 AM
i dont know i was just seeing if there was even a interest in it maybe this weekend?

foxtrot
May 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I'm going down to Penrose this weekend so I couldn't do it, but you guys go for it. I'm making a run if anyone wants to join me in penrose

4wdhunter
May 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
This trail has been on my want to do list for a while now. But if I'm going to haul the CJ up there I'd want to run some other trails in the area as well (HC, Iron Chest, etc.). And it doesn't look like those will be open for at least a month or so. Think I'll wait and plan a long weekend up there sometime later in the summer.

foxtrot
May 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
end of June is the round up for COTTORA, but if you go, be prepared to take some crap because you would be one of the only jeeps there lol

4wdhunter
May 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
end of June is the round up for COTTORA, but if you go, be prepared to take some crap because you would be one of the only jeeps there lol

I was up there once before for this (friend ran Carnage), but I left my Jeep at home. Was a great time with a good bunch of people. I respect the fact that this is meant to be a Toy only event. Plenty of other weekends in the summer to be up there with my Jeep.

foxtrot
May 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
we did have a couple jeeps there last year, so we have no problem with it :)

Jackie
May 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I don't like groups that get snooty about what you drive. That's why this group rocks! I wouldn't mind being asked politely to pull over and let the big guns pass me and keep their group together, but I wouldn't appreciate "crap" for driving a Jeep.

Haku
May 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I don't like groups that get snooty about what you drive. That's why this group rocks! I wouldn't mind being asked politely to pull over and let the big guns pass me and keep their group together, but I wouldn't appreciate "crap" for driving a Jeep.

Its "Friendly ribbing" and not hostility with that group. Its run by Volcom on here, who is a standup guy. In this case, its just a Toyota specific gathering, so showing up in a Jeep or anything else would make you the odd one out and open the door for some friendly crap talk. I agree though, it doesn't really matter what you drive and any group that openly excludes other brands and such, especially in a hostile way, is one to avoid. The only group that I have had this experience with so far is Mile High Jeep Club, but it could have been the "bad apples" of the bunch.

As for OCG, I was kind of thinking the same thing for this weekend too. I haven't been out since the Moab trip, and that is indeed a fun trail. I would prefer Saturday, since I was planning on watching Formula 1 on Sunday. I could put that off till the evening though. So yeah, count me in either way.

Brad
May 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I really want to run it but have my sons bday this weekend.

Stephen
May 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I really want to run it but have my sons bday this weekend.

Tell Brad Jr Happy Birthday!

I've been wanting to do this trail again, but my son's last soccer game/party is Saturday and I got elected to do team pics.

Brody
May 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't mind being asked politely to pull over and let the big guns pass me and keep their group together, but I wouldn't appreciate "crap" for driving a Jeep.

You wouldn't necessarily get it, but it is always nice when, if you do, you keep the smile on your face and start loading your 12 gauge pump....

Jackie
May 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Not me, Pete. Not me at all.

Brody
May 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
The only groups that have ever given me the "I am holier and soooo much cooler than you and your rig" have been a bunch of Sammi guys (most of them running Yota axles, which made me laugh), a way too cool for school bunch of Rover dudes until I winched one of their rigs back over, and a group of Pinzgauer dudes...Never any words or grief, just some BS looks and refusal to return waves...

Nothing bothers people more in the back country than running into someone they don't know who is playing around with a loaded weapon and looking a bit odd....:D

Red Rhino
May 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I would be up for and OCG run on Saturday. Go ahead and post it up, you will have no problem finding some one to lead the run. :thumb:

Roostercruiser
May 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Ocg is tight for fullsizes on the backside coming down. I did with foxtrot last month.

Red Rhino
May 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I have done it with my K5 many times with no problems. I can see it is tight for a Burb.

Bryan

Haku
May 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Ocg is tight for fullsizes on the backside coming down. I did with foxtrot last month.

If it feels too tight, I'm completely down with going back the way we came once we get to the Double Stair obstacle. I think I actually prefer it that way since the obstacles are more fun and I think its actually faster.

Bryan and I are definitely down with a Saturday run since we are both Formula 1 fans and were planning on being race fans on Sunday (anyone else is welcome to join us for that too).

Funrover
May 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM
A great trail! I can not go but have fun if you go this weekend!

Brody
May 18th, 2011, 06:35 AM
If Roland can do it with his big Burban the way his rig is right now, looking at the way yours is set up with a lot more clearance, you shouldn't have a problem. It is a fun run and the area is known for having good weather. Jackets in town, T shirts in BV...

Coonburger
May 18th, 2011, 01:24 PM
wont be able to a run this weekend my niece is gonna be up so iam just gonna chill around here