PDA

View Full Version : help movng the scout

scout man
May 17th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I am closing on a house a week from today in Elizabeth, so sometime in the next month I need to get the scout moved from Aurora to Elizabeth. It cant move at all under its own power right now, and my winch motor has seen better days as well, so it might take some effort. Need a trailer that I can put the whole rig on (no dollys) and some good ramps so I can winch myself up... or even better a winch on the trailer, but i am sure we can manage somehow without that. I could either pull it behind my truck (if I needed to), but would prefer someone that had a more capable truck to pull with. My F150 is pretty worn out, and not sure it would like that weight. If anyone is able to help, I would really appreciate it, and I can cover your gas, and buy you lunch! No rush on this, just sometime in the next month or so. Anyone interested?

Funrover
May 17th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I could tow rope you if it comes down to that.

scout man
May 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I could tow rope you if it comes down to that.

Unfortunately I dont think thats an option. Doesnt roll too well right now, I managed to break a leaf spring center bolt on the front axle when I dropped it off Rob's trailer

Didn't monster tow it for you once before ? Why not ask him what he would charge you.

His trailer wont really work for me anymore. There are no ramps on the back, and last time with front wheel drive and a winch I had trouble getting my rig onto it. Now that the front wheel drive is toast too, i dont think there is a chance in hell of getting it up there. That said, if nothing else is available, I will call him and see if he will help, and ill come up with something to use as ramps. He trailer is huge though, so a more normal sized trailer will probably be a lot easier.

Brad
May 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM
AAA?

Sorry Steve. If I had a way I would help.

Trailrat99XJ
May 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I was hoping we could all do Spring Creek again. We need to end the curse that trail has on you and I!!!! I hope everything works out for you dude!!

Hotchef181818
May 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Do u need parts for the t case? I have a spare with a bunch of good parts in it if that's gonna help.

Red Rhino
May 18th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I have the BBC truck and trailer w/ ramps that can do the job. But Steve as you know I need to put new wood deck on the trailer. What day is your dead line to move it? I am putting the new deck very soon.

Bryan

4wdhunter
May 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I've got a 16 ft. trailer you could borrow. I could potentially tow it for you as well, but not sure my 1/2 ton would like pulling that beast. Let me know.

Mark

scout man
May 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Awesome, mark and mike, think we could get together and make this work later next week or weekend?

Bryan, I think my rig is too wide for your trailer. I would be on the rails on both sides. Need to be moved by the end of june.

Brad, I have thought about AAA, but unfortunately I let my membership expire this year, might renew it anyways.

Loren, I have spare tcases and tranny parts, just not the time to do it. I think thoug, instead of using the parts I have, I will swap in a dodge tailhousing (needs swapped anyways) so I can run np205 in it, which allows me to run a doubler.

Thanks guys!

Hotchef181818
May 19th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Well if ubwant the case and all the little stuff I have left it's yours just pick it up.

4wdhunter
May 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Awesome, mark and mike, think we could get together and make this work later next week or weekend?

Next weekend (5/28-29) should work out good for me. Just give me a heads up what day you want to do it as I'll need to get my trailer from storage.

4wdhunter
May 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back until Mon. morning. Weekends would be best for me.

Haku
May 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM

Bryan, I think my rig is too wide for your trailer. I would be on the rails on both sides. Need to be moved by the end of june.

Brad, I have thought about AAA, but unfortunately I let my membership expire this year, might renew it anyways.

Loren, I have spare tcases and tranny parts, just not the time to do it. I think thoug, instead of using the parts I have, I will swap in a dodge tailhousing (needs swapped anyways) so I can run np205 in it, which allows me to run a doubler.

Thanks guys!

Bryan's rig sits on the fenders of the trailer too but it seems to work. Not ideal, but he's used it a few times from what he told me.

You might think about asking Air Randy since he lives out there and comes to Denver fairly often and has a trailer that will definitely fit your rig. Just a thought.

scout man
May 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Next weekend (5/28-29) should work out good for me. Just give me a heads up what day you want to do it as I'll need to get my trailer from storage.

Awesome. I need to work on the 28th, and the morning of the 29th, but the afternoon of the 29th would be great. Looks like there are a few options for towing it too, as several people have offered. We will talk when it gets closer!

scout man
May 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I seem to have missed the post where Mike said he would be out of town this weekend. Ed, you still willing to pull it? Yea yea, ill just calll you tomorrow. If not, then I will just give it a whirl with my f150. I am sure if will do it, just dont want to break it!

scout man
May 30th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks to Mark, we got the scout to the new house on Sunday. His trailer worked out perfect for the scout, and his truck pulled it pretty well. Mine definitely would not have done well, as I pulled the same trailer today with 2 couches, 2 chairs, some patio furniture, and 4 tires... and I really struggled up a couple of the hills. And that load is no where close to the weight of the scout!

Huge thanks for Mark for lending his time and trailer, and for letting me keep the trailer a few extra days to move the rest of my stuff!!

4wdhunter
May 31st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Always happy to help out.