PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Stuff

Squshiee1
May 23rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
So Sunday it was my 16th Birthday, i decided i wanted to go to the junkyard to pick up a couple of small things. i needed 2 sun visor clips, and a headlight clip. but i saw a tow hitch receiver, i have been wanting one since i bought the car (but i diffident want to pay 200$). SOOOOOO i took 5 hours getting the damn thing off. so what i thought would be a 30 minute trip to the junkyard, turned out to be a 5 hour trip, lots of blisters, bruises, a very stiff back and 2 stripped wrenches. and the same goes for my dad!

The stickers were alot less straining to put on. but overall I think it was worth the 28.95$ that i spent!

Hypoid
May 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
so what i thought would be a 30 minute trip to the junkyard, turned out to be a 5 hour trip, lots of blisters, bruises, a very stiff back and 2 stripped wrenches.
LMAO!!! You catch on quick! ;)

Putting your blood, sweat, and tears into something builds character.

Happy birthday!

Mesomelas
May 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
How did it take 5 hours to get that off?

Pathrat
May 23rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Happy Birthday and that is a nice score with a good story.

Rob
May 23rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Happy 16th! :birthday:

Robert B
May 24th, 2011, 05:23 AM
dang thats a cherry tow hitch there man!! i have a spare one but the mounts are wrong so i figured it would be easier to find one in a junkyard......now what trail you planning to run :thumb:

Brody
May 24th, 2011, 08:04 AM
dang thats a cherry tow hitch there man!!

No kidding! It needs a coat of wax!

What Mike said about the blood, sweat and tears...

Cr33p3r
May 24th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Good way to learn some of the in-n-outs about building what you want! Happy Birthday too!

Brody
May 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I already told ya Happy Birthday:lmao::lmao:.....Hope it was a good one!

Squshiee1
May 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks hypoid! it was alot of work but i believe it was worth it!

Squshiee1
May 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys! The reason it took so long was because the bolts were rusted, i had a crescent wrench (that at its max) would twist the bolt about 15 degrees at a time. and on the last bolt i stripped the head, and only had one spot where it would still work!

Squshiee1
May 24th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I plan on running the clean up at Barbour fork. but im going to tag along with Brody to the other spot.

Brody
May 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
but im going to tag along with Brody to the other spot.

Hey Chase....clue me here. I feel like I missed something critical in my dotage.....

BTW...junkyards are a great place to learn how something comes apart...especially if you are looking at something on your rig that you have never taken off and can't find a clue on. Go to the yard, find one and try to take it off or apart. You will quickly see what kind of tools you need and any tricks. If it comes off nicely, leave it for the next person on the seat or in the back with all the hardware.....

Squshiee1
May 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM
OH! if you can make it im going to go with you and fordboy up to the ranger station. but if you cant make it then it will just be me and fordboy up to the ranger station. and i will take whatever trail you guys want to take.
thats the "other spot"

Robert B
May 24th, 2011, 07:33 PM
hey chase depending on what you want to tag along on i will be probably going to both trails so i could carry more people :)

Squshiee1
May 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
i will have my licence by then, i meant follow. sorry for the confusion

Funrover
May 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Happy B-day!! Nice hitch