PDA

View Full Version : Going to get my license!

Squshiee1
May 30th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'm going to get my license tomorrow!. Wish me luck! the only reason i post this is because, if i don't get my license then i don't get to 4X4!
:eek:

Jackie
May 30th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Do your best. Good luck!

Whinobutts
May 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Good luck.

Chris
May 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM
You'll do fine, if you o it on one of the closed courses mke sure you don't follow the person in front of you. My son failed once because he followed the car in font of him the wrong way on a one way. :erm:

Brad
May 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Good luck!:thumb:

Roostercruiser
May 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Good luck you'll do just fine

Heather
May 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Good luck! It'll be no sweat!

scout man
May 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM
good luck!

PS, Brody has your CB, if you dont already know that... i forgot to tell you!

Brody
May 31st, 2011, 05:53 AM
Shouldn't have a problem Chase! You will hike that test no sweat!

Of course I was basing this on my own observations and discounting what your dad said about your driving....:D

CB is already in his hands..

Squshiee1
May 31st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Thanks guys and, i am like the only one that drives in my family anymore. i dive the bugs, my car and my moms car all of the time.
i don't believe it is on a closed course, i'm going to the DMV :( in golden.

P.S. i have the C.B in my car, and it works just fine so the next time i see you i will pay you.

Colin
May 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Its just a simple loop, watch your speed, stop for stop signs at the white line and for red lights at the white line. It only took like 5 mins for mine about 2 years ago so you should easily be able to do it.

Mporter
May 31st, 2011, 09:41 AM
The DMV in golden (off I-70/colfax) basically takes you out on colfax for a block or 2 and then makes you drive around some neighborhoods. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

foxtrot
May 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM
mine was super easy down here in the springs. only drove about a mile in a loop, and I only missed one thing. when we got back I asked her how I did, and she said great, and that I only got knocked down for one thing. so I of coarse ask her what it was, and her response was "you did not stop at the invisible crosswalk"....... and she was serious.

Mporter
May 31st, 2011, 10:29 AM
Haha. Mine said she couldn't answer any questions, so i stopped way back at an intersection and said "should I pull up?", looked at her, and said "right, you can't answer any questions" and she got a good laugh

Brad
May 31st, 2011, 12:02 PM
mine was super easy down here in the springs. only drove about a mile in a loop, and I only missed one thing. when we got back I asked her how I did, and she said great, and that I only got knocked down for one thing. so I of coarse ask her what it was, and her response was "you did not stop at the invisible crosswalk"....... and she was serious.

Last driving test I took was in high school in 1987. I missed the EXACT same thing. I think they just give you that if you did not miss anything. My tester, or whatever they are called, dragged me through a school zone, multiple stop signs, multiple left turns, arrows and no arrows. EVIL I tell you!! :D

Brody
May 31st, 2011, 05:11 PM
when we got back I asked her how I did, and she said great, and that I only got knocked down for one thing. so I of coarse ask her what it was, and her response was "you did not stop at the invisible crosswalk"....... and she was serious.

HA...she had probably just gotten done with given a driving test test to someone who survived the 60s and 70s. Trust me, people of that generation (mine) actually SEE invisible crosswalks...and stop for them. This continues to this day, especially in towns like Boulder, for much the same reasons. Not only do people stop randomly for invisible 'things'(creatures, visions, crosswalks), but there is a serious time delay for getting started again after the light changes...

Andrew
May 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM

What the heck is an "invisible crosswalk"?

Jackie
May 31st, 2011, 06:29 PM
HA...she had probably just gotten done with given a driving test test to someone who survived the 60s and 70s.
I got my license in '76 (and I've never done drugs)...but I have caught myself slowing down (if not stopping) for the "invisible" before. Can't explain it, that's for sure! :brody:

Jackie
May 31st, 2011, 06:30 PM
BTW - we need one of these: :brody: with a cute pink skirt! :p

Heather
May 31st, 2011, 06:38 PM
All I remember about driving school/driving was that my BFF received "back roads only" on her permit because she was such a horrid driver. That was in the 80s, in Michigan, where driver's ed is a part of the high school curriculum (and free)... :steer:

Squshiee1, are you licensed now???

Chris
May 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM
What the heck is an "invisible crosswalk"?

A place to run over invisible pedestrians. :D

Squshiee1
May 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
WELLL! i have to wait again untill the 7th! the first time i went down there they forgot to mention that you have to hold your permit for a year. so not i wait untill the 7th. the first time they said i would be ok but i needed to call ahead of time to set an appointment. so i called the dmv made an appointment for today and when i got there i waited in line for 1 hour and then they said i could not get my license because i did not have my permit for a full year. i drove my 50 hours, drove with an instructor for 6 hours, paid my 300$ for the driving school, and took my 30 hours of in class time, what more do they want! well just 7 more days! lol :bowdown:. well hopefully next week! wish me 2nd luck! and i still have been on hold for 2 hours to schedule an appointment!

Squshiee1
May 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM
well at least my brother picked up a nice 2000 honda cr 120, for 800$ and it is FAST! :woot:, and tomorrow i am going up to slaughterhouse to ride dirtbikes. i should be at the trail at around 10:30. anyone want to join?

Brody
May 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
BTW - we need one of these: with a cute pink skirt!

No we most certainly do not! You would overuse it! Besides which, I destroyed my last cute pink shirt Saturday doing tie rods on Bruce's rig with Chris...and it takes a real man to work on a 4x4 in a cute pink shirt...pinstriped Land's End, no less...:lmao::lmao:

Good luck with the license, Chase! If you get the same person, try stopping at random, for nothing. When she asks why you stopped, tell her it was for the invisible person on the invisible crosswalk.

On second thought, maybe not....

Squshiee1
May 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM
that would be Hilarius! then i should act all paranoid and just wisper, its the invisible person!
i think i would fail! the instructer would be like :what:

Heather
May 31st, 2011, 08:41 PM
WELLL! i have to wait again untill the 7th! the first time i went down there they forgot to mention that you have to hold your permit for a year. so not i wait untill the 7th. the first time they said i would be ok but i needed to call ahead of time to set an appointment. so i called the dmv made an appointment for today and when i got there i waited in line for 1 hour and then they said i could not get my license because i did not have my permit for a full year. i drove my 50 hours, drove with an instructor for 6 hours, paid my 300$ for the driving school, and took my 30 hours of in class time, what more do they want! well just 7 more days! lol . well hopefully next week! wish me 2nd luck! and i still have been on hold for 2 hours to schedule an appointment!

That blows. I noticed in researching stuff for my son Nick's permit/license that it's very convoluted. Second good luck for seven days from now!

Jackie
May 31st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Good luck, my friend! Be patient and every-little-thing is gonna be alright!

Pathrat
May 31st, 2011, 10:34 PM
You will do fine as long as you don't argue with the tester.

I like the pink shirts with the old guy. Maybe we could modify the smiley to wear a skirt or something as to not overuse the Brody icon? :brody::brody::brody:

Rob
May 31st, 2011, 10:55 PM
it's very convoluted.

Colorado's been adding all sorts of restrictions for teen drivers the past few years. I managed to work it so my son didn't get his license till he was 18 and had moved to Fort Collins. It's like I bought that '98 Ford Ranger 4x4 for nothing. (Well, maybe not nothing, but he never got to drive it. :lmao:)

BlackRubi
May 31st, 2011, 10:59 PM
Waiting periods? Required class time? Driving instructors?
What is this? Russia???

I'm not one of our more "experienced" members, and I'm no longer a young buck, but when did all of this junk become required to obtain a driver's license?
Growing up, my dad occasionally sat me in his lap and let me steer on back roads. He had a 1979 El Camino with a 350/350 setup in it. This was the extent of driving instruction for me. With the exception of driving a stick (which I easily picked up driving from gas well to gas well on my uncle's property in his old truck), this was all I needed. We weren't required to do any class time. It was an option in school to take driver's ed, but I opted out. Waiting periods? What the French, Toast??? I was fairly lucky because I lived outside of a bus route and my parents both worked, so I was able to get a "hardship license" at 14 to drive to and from school and/or work by myself. No waiting period or anything like that.

The only thing they got me for was "barking the tires" on acceleration. My dad had just dropped a 383 stroker into the El Camino about a week before I took my test and I wasn't used to it whatsoever.

Rob
May 31st, 2011, 11:02 PM
The only thing they got me for was "barking the tires" on acceleration.

:lmao:

I remember my driving test back in '73 in Virginia. The guy had me drive around the block in my mom's Dodge Dart. That was it. Must have been a busy day at the DMV.

Hypoid
June 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM
Waiting periods? Required class time? Driving instructors?
What is this? Russia???
Kids are dying of ignorance. Their parents aren't much better off, so we make new laws to enforce parenting liability.

Mporter
June 1st, 2011, 09:55 AM
well at least my brother picked up a nice 2000 honda cr 120, for 800$ and it is FAST! :woot:, and tomorrow i am going up to slaughterhouse to ride dirtbikes. i should be at the trail at around 10:30. anyone want to join?

:( Now you're making me regret breaking my hand even more. I totally screwed a camping/biking trip up that was supposed to happen in a few days.

Squshiee1
June 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
oh! that sucks! :frown:

Fordguy77
June 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Ya get it yet? todays the 7th.

Brad
June 7th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Yea.. we need a update!

Squshiee1
June 8th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Im going to take the test today at 8:00 today.

Fordguy77
June 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM
so now its 8pm did ya get it?

Geno
June 9th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Well did you pass? I am taking my yongest son in a couple of week.:confused:

Whinobutts
June 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Come on now, tell us. Did you get it?

Jackie
June 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
The options are:

A: He passed and is out driving all over the country "legally".
B: He got lost on the test track and the instructor is having too much fun to help him get out.
c: He failed and is up in his room beating himself over the head with a driver's manual.

Michael4rnr
June 9th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I was told he didnt pass for really small mistakes and is resheduled for next week sometime. Im not sure what thing he did wrong though.

Chris
June 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM
The kid testing before me when I was 16 sideswiped a truck pulling out of the parking lot, my tester said; "Please don't do that!" :lmao:

RockyMtnHigh
June 9th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I was told he didnt pass for really small mistakes and is resheduled for next week sometime. Im not sure what thing he did wrong though.

I sure hope he's not embarrassed to say he didn't pass, no one on here including myself would think less of him, we've all failed at one thing or another, failure is what makes success so rewarding, you can't appreciate one without the other!

Anyway, good luck with the retest if that's the case! :thumb:

Rob
June 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I sure hope he's not embarrassed to say he didn't pass, no one on here including myself would think less of him, we've all failed at one thing or another, failure is what makes success so rewarding, you can't appreciate one without the other!

X2. Before I got out of high school I failed to miss other cars a couple of times, once in my mom's station wagon and once in the snow in my older brother's car. Those two failures have helped keep me accident-free for the past 36 years.

Pathrat
June 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM

Well said. I second that.

RockGrinder
June 11th, 2011, 01:14 AM
good luck and don't forget to breath, because the driving instructor will be more scared than you! lol jk you will pass with flying colors.

Squshiee1
June 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ok, i am back from a great weekend of camping at beaver creek, i now know where red cone pass is too.
No, i did not pass because i made a turning lane where there was not one! so i am going back tuesday at 12:00 to try again!
and i do not feel like explaining the making a turning lane were there was not one again.

Chris
June 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
2nd times a charm! :thumb:

Jackie
June 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
No worries, Chase! You'll pass with flying colors next time. No biggie...:thumb:

Squshiee1
June 14th, 2011, 03:02 PM
well i

Chris
June 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hmmm, not sure how to interpret that!

Squshiee1
June 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
GOT IT!

Fordguy77
June 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
That was a lot of suspense haha good job man!

Patrolman
June 14th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Making a turn lane is just showing your off-road prowess. Going where nobody else has gone before, or something like that. ;)

Best of luck on the re-try. You won't be the first or the last.

Patrolman
June 14th, 2011, 03:23 PM
GOT IT!

Congrats!

Whinobutts
June 14th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Good job.:steer:

Chris
June 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Good to hear! :thumb:

Squshiee1
June 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM
thanks guys!

Jackie
June 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Knew you could do it! :thumb: Good job!

Michael4rnr
June 14th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Now you can go 4wheeling

Rob
June 14th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Congrats! :steer:

glacierpaul
June 19th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Did a great job at the clean-up! Wheelin' should be part of the drivers test, IMO.:steer:

Squshiee1
June 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM
thanks guys, and yes, it should be part of the test. Almost no one would get their license

Brody
June 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Glad to hear that Chase!