PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do Canvas work?

Trailrat99XJ
May 31st, 2011, 02:34 PM
I finished my tube doors for the Cherokee this weekend and I am wanting to get some canvas for the 4 doors and the rear hatch. I have a quote of 150.00 per door already but I am looking for more quotes. I would like to keep it in the Front Range community if I can. Anyone?

Brody
May 31st, 2011, 03:20 PM
PM Matt Feeney(MrMatt). He has a couple of industrial machines and has done a fair amount of sewing. I don't know what his time frame is or how busy he is, but it worth a shot. $150 a door seems about right, give or take a little.

I would offer, as I have done a bunch of commercial and industrial sewing, but sold my big machines years ago. Matt is the only person on the forum, aside from Sean(1freaky1) and me, that has down this kind of sewing. I think Sean may have sold his, too, but I am not sure, so PM him, too.

Haku
May 31st, 2011, 06:55 PM
The Club Workshop has some commercial grade sewing machines, and I would be happy to let you use one of my Guest Passes if you want to make them yourself. I'm no good at Sewing, otherwise I would offer. Saw a guy there making a Bikini Top for his Samurai, so I'm sure it can cope with the material. Haven't been up there yet actually, but I'm sure its decent enough.

RidgeRunner
May 31st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I work at an auto upholstery shop and can do that for you. Can you send me some pics and an idea of what you want done? I can put together an estimate for you.

Dave
RidgeRunnerxj@gmail.com

Brody
May 31st, 2011, 08:14 PM
That's very good to know, Dave. This isn't the first time that sewing (industrial type) has come up, so you may want to post the shop in the vendors section for future reference. Up to you...

RidgeRunner
May 31st, 2011, 08:25 PM
That's very good to know, Dave. This isn't the first time that sewing (industrial type) has come up, so you may want to post the shop in the vendors section for future reference. Up to you...

That might be a good idea, we do work on jeep tops frequently including new plastic windows, zippers and slides.

Trailrat99XJ
June 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Msg sent! Thanks guys

Trailrat99XJ
June 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks Josh but it has taken so long for my lazy ass to get the tube work done that I just want to get the freakin' doors done!! I know that if I say I'll try and come down and finish them my self well........Procrastination is my middle name!!

Haku
June 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks Josh but it has taken so long for my lazy ass to get the tube work done that I just want to get the freakin' doors done!! I know that if I say I'll try and come down and finish them my self well........Procrastination is my middle name!!

You don't have to tell me, as I'm the king of procrastination.

Dave is a standup dude and will do a great job for you.