PDA

View Full Version : Well? What do you think?

Squshiee1
June 2nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Well, any suggestions? what to remove? i had a 14 year old spot me sooooooo, yea!

Chris
June 2nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'd start by removing the 14 year old spotter! :D

Squshiee1
June 2nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
ok ill see what i can do, i might need some help, or like a Chiltons for that!

Mesomelas
June 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Start by removing those tires, and getting some with some big knobs on em.

Squshiee1
June 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM
well it is a daily driver, so i might need to get something a little more cheep and longer lasting. but that would be nice! i was thinking good year wranglers or all terrains!

Ric
June 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
as far as tires go, Ive ran the Firestone Dest. MTs, and average about 50K miles, not to bad for a MT tire

Squshiee1
June 2nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
i am going to run these, i hope for the rest of the summer, then i will get some new ones.
and i want something a little bigger than i have now but not at 200$ a tire!

Roostercruiser
June 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
pretty good for a first car :thumb:

Squshiee1
June 2nd, 2011, 09:34 PM
and stock! hope to be picking up some lift shackles tomorrow!

Heather
June 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Nice looking Rodeo - looks like you're going to have a lot of fun!

foxtrot
June 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
do you still have sway bars? you can try ditching those. it leans a little more in corners, but you gain a lot of flex from it

Cr33p3r
June 2nd, 2011, 11:55 PM
I would also think about a front bumper that is not hanging down so far, it would give you a better aproach angle too.

RockyMtnHigh
June 3rd, 2011, 12:48 AM
i am going to run these, i hope for the rest of the summer, then i will get some new ones.
and i want something a little bigger than i have now but not at 200$ a tire!

BlackRubi has been running these for awhile now and is happy with them: http://www.treadwright.com/ something to consider and cheaper. He might chime in here and give you the scoop or you can send him a PM.

Squshiee1
June 3rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
i do have my sway bars! but i go the speed limit so i think ill be ok!

Squshiee1
June 3rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
thanks for that! that is what i was looking for! 100$ for a good tire, IM IN!

Squshiee1
June 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM
well i have the rear shackles on, it gave me a 2.5 inch lift. so it was pretty significant! i like the way it turned out!
Oh and i put some camping pics up! the yellow lab is peanut and the shih-tzu is checkers.

Fordguy77
June 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Looking good, make some disconnects for the sways and life will be even better!

Ric
June 13th, 2011, 10:25 PM
BlackRubi has been running these for awhile now and is happy with them: http://www.treadwright.com/ something to consider and cheaper. He might chime in here and give you the scoop or you can send him a PM.

Do you know where he got them mounted ? Ive called a couple places, they will not touch retreads

RockyMtnHigh
June 13th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I sent him a PM and asked him to chime in.

Ric
June 13th, 2011, 11:11 PM
very cool, Thankx

Squshiee1
June 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
i am working on some quick disconnects for it. just need some time first!

Michael4rnr
June 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Looks good chase. Now we need to see how it does off road. It should do just fine with the additional lift in the rear.

BlackRubi
June 15th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Wal-Mart. I just took the tires in, told them I wanted lifetime mount and balance and around $50 later I was off to the races. Well, it is a Jeep, so there wasn't actually racing. I told them that they were retreads about halfway through the process of installing. They said that if I hadn't told them, they wouldn't have known. Check out the thread for more info.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?9944-Treadwright-Guard-Dog-Retread-Long-term-Review&highlight=treadwright

RockyMtnHigh
June 15th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Well, it is a Jeep, so there wasn't actually racing.

Get a Hemi installed :D If that thing moves my big ass truck the way it does, there's no telling what it would do for a Jeep!

BlackRubi
June 15th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hemi swaps are expensive! I looked into it. Today might be the last day with my Jeep anyway.

Squshiee1
June 15th, 2011, 09:58 AM
or you could just put an Isuzu 3.5L motor in there! That motor makes my moms car sequel the tires! and its a 4500LB Isuzu trooper! and it has 250,000 miles on it!

xaza
June 24th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I have been running the TreadWright Warden tires on my ZJ since Nov and they still look brand new. Good all terrain tire and my set of 4 cost me about $400. You will have to search around to find someone who will mount and balance retreads though. I found a good little shop off south Federal that does it. BTW it was nice to meet you at trail cleanup, always good to see the next generation getting out there and learning to wheel respectfully and do what they can to keep the trails open!

Squshiee1
June 26th, 2011, 11:12 AM
The First Picture was when it was stock, i belive that picture was the next day after i bought it, the end of june 2010
The second picture was when i waxed it and painted the rims, really it was when i got it mostly fixed and completed.
The Third picture is today 6/26/11, when i put my new rims on, i got them for 100$ and then got my new tires.
And the last picture was when i was finishing the new rims. the left of the rim was before and the right was after.

The new tires are 245/75/16. which is bigger than before which was 235/70/16.

All and all :thumb:

Mesomelas
June 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I think those new wheels look much better

Michael4rnr
June 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Nice wheels chase so you dont nee the wheels from the guy on the trail.

Squshiee1
June 26th, 2011, 01:01 PM
you dont nee the wheels from the guy on the trail.

No, my dad said that he would help me pay for the new tires. so we got some new ones. But let that guy know that i thank him!

Squshiee1
June 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks it was alot of work!

MadDog99
June 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
nice rodeo, but if you want to get bigger tires, you should look into the new dura trac by good year, ive been running them for about a year, and i cant really see any wear yet, but there a good tire on and off road and they wont cost you an arm and a leg. but if you are looking at going with bigger tires and disconnects you might want to look into doing some fender trimming to get the clearance you need to run bigger tires with out spending alot on a lift. plus it makes it look bad ***. also if you plan on hitting some harder trails you should look into some skids to protect the oil pan and gas tank.

Squshiee1
June 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I might have to cut the front fender a little with what i have now. i already have a gas tank skid, but nothing for my oil pan. and to be honest i think i am going to leave the hight where it is now for a little while. i dont want to lift it to high and i think i like it right where it is. but thanks for the advice.