PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel like a Moab trip before it gets hot?

Haku
June 5th, 2011, 09:11 PM
So I'm itching for a Moab trip again, and was wondering if anyone else felt like a trip before it gets crazy hot there?

I was thinking some of the more advanced trails, but there are still some easier ones like Metal Masher and Cliff Hanger that I wouldn't mind doing. It would be a camping trip and try to keep the cost down. I was thinking this coming weekend and do a 3 or 4 day thing where we leave Thursday night and come back Sunday night after wheeling.

Anyone want to go that can?

Andrew
June 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Feel like it? Yes. Can afford the time and money? No.

Haku
June 5th, 2011, 09:17 PM
hahaha....I'm sure plenty of people want to go, but I put the "can" in there.

Money wise I don't want to get over my head. I spent too much on the March trip, and want to keep this one more "Self sufficient" i.e. more cooking and less eating at restaurants.

foxtrot
June 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Feel like it? Yes. Can afford the time and money? No.

same boat, however, if you still want to do the penrose trip, im down lol

Haku
June 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thats definitely a strong backup. I just figure Penrose is there all summer and Moab is getting close to be being unbearably hot so it goes off the table till Fall.

It just occurred to me that I have the Moab itch and wanna scratch it.

4finger
June 5th, 2011, 09:57 PM
you should stop by Junction and do one of the local trails here on your way through. i could probably swing a sunday, depending on when youll be going through.

Haku
June 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I would love to come do 21 Road and Billings some time. Not sure if it will be over the summer or if fall would be better due to high temperatures.

Kind of leaning towards just doing Penrose this weekend instead. Doesn't seem like many, if any, can make it out to Moab anytime soon.

4finger
June 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
sounds good. im awaiting the chance to wheel with you guys. but this last camping trip erased my trailer budget and turned it into my wifes camper budget.
as for the high temps----- Junction is always around 5 degrees cooler then Moab,:lmao::lmao:

Brad
June 6th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I really want to as well Josh. I too am tied to local runs until after August. Neil has a 5 day a week tennis schedule which is going to limit my exploring.

Patrolman
June 6th, 2011, 03:33 PM
If you guys figure out a Moab trip, I have some parts that need to go that way. Should be some gas $ involved...