PDA

View Full Version : truck caught fire

foxtrot
June 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
sorry everyone I was seeing today, but I cannot make it due to my truck catching fire. it didn't burn up too much but the transmission is toast, with a 3500 repair bill. im ok and everything and we just got the truck towed back from castle rock. ill work with everyone on getting their stuff, just cant today

Aaron
June 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
That stinks. Glad everyone is ok though!

Haku
June 8th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Holy Crap dude. Is this the Yota or another truck? Sorry to hear but glad you are safe. Let us know if you need anything.

Mesomelas
June 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Damn man that sucks. Keep me updated on what's going on, if you need parts I got your back

Mesomelas
June 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I am off at 1:30 all this week and next, any day you want to come up next week works for me. I hope my truck wont be towed from where it is parked now though. Let me know.

I have a trans and top shift case if you need it

foxtrot
June 8th, 2011, 01:17 PM
it was my moms f-250. tourqe converter locked up as we were driving along i-25 and overheated the tranny, but we didn't know. once we came to a stop, it stalled the motor and started smoking. a guy ran up to us saying your truck was on fire, and someone else stopped with a fire extuingsher and came and put it out. the tranny is competly toast

Mesomelas
June 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't your 4runner or mine, still a shitty deal though

Jackie
June 8th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Glad to know you and your mom are OK and that good people came to your aid. Sorry about the truck. That sucks.

Brad
June 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
That sucks Brad! Glad everyone is ok.

4Runninfun
June 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
glad you are alright!

Roostercruiser
June 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Yikes

Brody
June 8th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Glad that you are OK! I have had a couple of rigs catch on fire and it is a bit disconcerting!

Patrolman
June 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about the fire, but glad everyone is ok. No rush on the parts. The d-shaft can wait.

Brody
June 8th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I was reminded of when I had the 69 Bronco. Both the Bronco and the lady that I was dating at the time were being royal PITAs and I was getting fed up. This lady and I were on our way to WestFest....and boy howdedoody, let me tell you that this kid was REALLY thrilled for a chance to hear Michael Murphy and all the other boy oh boy BS...

Anyway, the Bronco had been having some leak problems...and I had been fighting the leak problems so I knew what the source was. We were past Georgetown and something sparked off under the hood...on the passenger side. Hit the headers (it had a full tilt hood) and boom, into flames! Looked pretty cool from the driver's side. People rolling down their windows and pointing like I couldn't see 5' flames. The lady I was with was screaming...It was great and really funny (so I have a strange sense of humor) and I was laughing my ass off. The more she screamed, the more people driving by were freaking, the funnier I thought it was.

I told her that the flames would blow themselves out in a few minutes and that didn't help the situation at all because I just kept driving. Bottom line was that at that point I was willing to park the ******* Bronco and let it burn and let the lady walk back to town...

Once again, another situation where I found myself the only person laughing when I suppose that I should have been real serious....Wasn't a big thing, either the lady or the rig...

KnuckleHead
June 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Glad everyone is alright and that it's not a total loss....