PDA

View Full Version : 4runner mods

Michael4rnr
June 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Ive bin looking at skid plates for the bottom of my runner. Ive look at Budbuilt skid plates and does anyone know how good the are. Im also looking at getting rock sliders and a front bumper once i pay of my car. Ive bin looking at shrock works or looking at having someone do a coustom and mount it. Any advice cause i want to do it right so it will last.

Robert B
June 9th, 2011, 06:10 PM
only thing i can say is if you want it to last over build it .....extra supports extra thick etc. etc. so they dont fall apart after a few bumps

Chris
June 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Talk to Pete (Brody) and tell him what you want and he'll build them for far less than you can buy them. He bolstered my factory skids + added some more and he built my sliders as well.

Ric
June 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM
As far as Buds go, I give him, his work, his craftsmanship an A+
For the slidders Id go with Richard Stubbs (http://www.stubbswelding.com/) another A+
For the bumpers, Id stay away from Schrockworks, they are known for flat out lieing to customers, taking up to 8 months to delivery product, and many times its the wrong item shipped. search for them on other forums.
Check out Demello (http://www.demello-offroad.com/catalog/) or go with a custom bumper if ya have the cash, thats what Id do.

these are just my :2c:

Brody
June 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Happy to talk to you about anything you want done. If I can save you a few bucks, I certainly will and can fabricate pretty much anything you want.

As far as the other stuff:

BudBuilt stuff is bomber, but sometimes a bit more bomber than what you need.

Shrokworks has gotten a huge amount of bad press lately, however good their products are and I am sure there is a reason for it. Stay away from them.

Michael4rnr
June 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Ok ill stay away from shrock works things and Brody ill talk to you when i get the money to do the first thing i want done, which will be the sliders or the skids. I have to finish paying off my loan that my parents gave me i should be done paying for by the end of the summer. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Brody
June 9th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Cool. PM me or send me an email:

peterbrody4@gmail.com

whenever you get closer to doing the stuff you want done.

Michael4rnr
June 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Ok will do