PDA

View Full Version : Cleanup Run! Please RSVP!

Aaron
June 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
FR4x4 us the best! Let's prove it!

The cleanup run has been up for over a month (maybe 2). We do this twice a year and this is how we give back to the national forest. This "giving back" shows the forest service that we are not only willing to take (use the forest roads), we are also willing to give back by keeping these trails beautiful. Last year, our tiny little club had more volunteer hours in that district than any other. Let's keep it up.

It's a trail run.
It's close.
It's an easy set of trails.
It's on a weekend.
It's fun.

It's everything we want in a trail run!

There is no reason there aren't 30 or more people signed up for this. Come on Front Range. Sign up for this...

foxtrot
June 13th, 2011, 01:03 PM
FR4x4 us the best! Let's prove it!

It's close.

for some of us lol, have we though of adopting any trails down south, sorry but a 2 hour drive is just too much for me since Ihave to take the interstate

Mesomelas
June 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I will be in Seattle this weekend otherwise I would be there!

Are there more than one cleanup run per year? If you guys do another one, I would be down to do the next one. I know Moffat pass is always in need of a cleanup.

Aaron
June 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Are there more than one cleanup run per year? If you guys do another one, I would be down to do the next one. I know Moffat pass is always in need of a cleanup.

We'll do it again later in the summer.

Patrolman
June 13th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I am still a maybe, but looking more solid. Should have some volunteer passengers as well!

Chris
June 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM
With 16 signed up as being there that's 8 trucks per trail. 4 trucks starting at the beginning, 4 at the end on both trails will make short work of the cleanup of both IMHO. More people would probably mean less productivity. Yes, I'm too lazy to check past numbers but I don't think we had this many on the big cleanup that involved chopping apart and removing the old Bronco.

Aaron
June 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I thought we had always shot for 10 per trail.

Chris
June 13th, 2011, 02:54 PM
A quick look shows 17 last year, was that too few?

Brad
June 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM
The more the merrier. I would rather turn this into a half day and spend the other half having fun running either the opposite run or another close by run.
Last year we left after it was done around 2pm.

Mporter
June 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I unfortunately work that saturday. I'll try to make the other run though.

Brody
June 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM
We are out. I was just informed that we have a wedding to go to, part of LaDawn's family, up in Ft Collins. Family takes precedence. Harmony at home is before that....Duh on me for never looking at the calendar and seeing LaDawn's careful notations.....

Rob
June 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I would rather turn this into a half day and spend the other half having fun running either the opposite run or another close by run.

And, as it's likely to be a long day, let's hit Beaujo's in Idaho Springs for pizza afterwards!

Brad
June 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I am down. Unfortunately I am only able to cover my fam so if anyone is going they will need to pay for their own. :thumb:
:

Coonburger
June 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
working on it working on it

Rob
June 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM
if anyone is going they will need to pay for their own

Goes without saying. :thumb:

Pathrat
June 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Although I am not attending this run, as I am catching a plane tomorrow morning, I have been on these clean up runs since they were instituted. Having eight trucks per trail is plenty. More than that and there isn't enough for the guys at the end of the line to do. In my opinion, everyone on this site should volunteer at least once to go clean up the trails we adopted. Just my opinion and I do not think it will happen. Eighteen rigs is actually a good turn-out.