PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Park open

Rob
June 14th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Johnny Park Road is now open, according to the Canyon Lakes Ranger District website. The Boulder District site still has it as closed (it spans both districts). Not sure what that means, but if the gate's open on the U.S. 36 side, that's where all the fun stuff is anyway.

Pierson Park and Pole Hill still listed as closed.

Rob
June 14th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Let's wait till Pierson Park or Pole Hill open. It's better to do a combination of the three (Pierson/Johnny or either with Pole Hill) otherwise it's too little wheeling.

Haku
June 14th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Plane Crash isn't too far from there and could be a good combo day. A post on CO4x4 says its open and clear all the way to the top.

Jackie
June 14th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Doc! You know I'm in! "I'm only looking at your hands...."!!!

Rob
June 14th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Plane Crash isn't too far from there and could be a good combo day. A post on CO4x4 says its open and clear all the way to the top.

I hadn't thought of that, Josh. Excellent suggestion. I dig the plane crash trail (the spur that CR and I did last year is a blast, too, but too much for the 40 right now). Maybe I'll set up a run for June 25, between the cleanup run and MSV/Coney.

Doc! You know I'm in! "I'm only looking at your hands...."!!!

Excellent! JPR is always fun, even if it isn't the most challenging trail around. And if you haven't done the plane crash trail, I think you get some good hand watching in. :) Definitely a trail you can handle, though.

Jackie
June 14th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I have done the plane crash run! I needed some spotting, but with that I was I fine. I also helped the best I could to keep another Jeep from flopping on a line he should have done differently, but it was a great day! I wish I had a picture to share, but there were 5 or 6 of us piled on the side of his rig to keep it from tipping until we could figure out a solution. Everyone came home without damage.

Rob
June 14th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds like I should line up a run then. :thumb:

Haku
June 15th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Sounds like I should line up a run then. :thumb:

Sounds like it!

I'm in as long as I don't get a call for work.

Mporter
June 15th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah I'm in.